Makes me appreciate him even more... | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Makes me appreciate him even more...

May 1, 2011
HC Green":2zszgne4 said:
edmonds200":2zszgne4 said:
Despite having Donaldson, Slew, Miller, Bulvitis, Sawyer, Spencer due to budgetary constraints Derek Adams still managed to finish joint top of League 2 with portsmouth with 86 points! A manager that knew that you needed to be able to defend and attack set plays and play second ball Football to do something in this League. After both seasons in League 2 after 7 games we were top with 15 points even though the second season could have taken a while to get going due to wembley disappointment and the construction of a whole new team!

As time goes on we will look back and maybe realise we should have treated the old manager with a little more respect.

He is nowhere near as good a salesman as this current manager but when we are still trying to play out from the back on mud baths in January lets hope our fanbase shows a little more loyalty although judging by yesterdays comments around me patience is already wearing thin...

Certainly the Argyle Community Trust appreciated him and will be missing the tens of thousands of pounds he donated to it over his period at Argyle.
It would be nice if Lowe continued on with Adam’s generosity.

Get a life seriously.

May 1, 2011
We have certain posters who are desperate for Lowe to not succeed so that can harp back to an imaginary great era that never existed. It's really pathetic and we should probably pity them.

May 1, 2011
edmonds200":361p0i2a said:
Devongreenowl":361p0i2a said:
Wonder what your posts were like when Argyle really were dire last year? Who are the journeymen you are talking about by the way?

If Lowe proves to be a flop this season (unlikely) I will certainly hold my hands up and say so. However, all of you neg heads will be noticeable by your absence if he does well, or even worse, you will post how brilliantly he has done, whilst hoping none of us remember your early season, ridiculous negativity.

Since Christmas I thoroughly enjoyed the wins against Coventry, Shrewsbury, Rochdale (5-1) and the draws against Pompey and Luton a lot more than I have enjoyed any of the home games so far this season

Are you for real? You conveniently ignore the first 4 months of the season.
We are in the first few weeks of the season and you are rubbishing a new manager.
We were relegated last season....we were bottom on Boxing day.
Not sure you why and you and HC don't just move in with Adams and settle down away from Home Park.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Bristol Rich":12fz5lol said:
edmonds200":12fz5lol said:
Devongreenowl":12fz5lol said:
Wonder what your posts were like when Argyle really were dire last year? Who are the journeymen you are talking about by the way?

If Lowe proves to be a flop this season (unlikely) I will certainly hold my hands up and say so. However, all of you neg heads will be noticeable by your absence if he does well, or even worse, you will post how brilliantly he has done, whilst hoping none of us remember your early season, ridiculous negativity.

Since Christmas I thoroughly enjoyed the wins against Coventry, Shrewsbury, Rochdale (5-1) and the draws against Pompey and Luton a lot more than I have enjoyed any of the home games so far this season

Are you for real? You conveniently ignore the first 4 months of the season.
We are in the first few weeks of the season and you are rubbishing a new manager.
We were relegated last season....we were bottom on Boxing day.
Not sure you why and you and HC don't just move in with Adams and settle down away from Home Park.

Good idea Rich. Then they can play scrabble every night, making sure all the words say 'Adams is the best' and 'we hate Ryan'

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Bristol Rich":q765ka30 said:
We have certain posters who are desperate for Lowe to not succeed so that can harp back to an imaginary great era that never existed. It's really pathetic and we should probably pity them.

Every manager seems to get people who wish them to fail for some reason or another. I agree that it’s pathetic.

May 1, 2011
GreenThing":3c73lrj3 said:
Bristol Rich":3c73lrj3 said:

Every manager seems to get people who wish them to fail for some reason or another. I agree that it’s pathetic.

I'm as bigger critic and moaner as anyone but let's at least give Lowe a chance. His seat is barely warm.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
HC Green":2cu9e0tk said:
In the meantime he will just play golf, watch football matches and go on holidays.

What sort of person is happy doing that though?! :whistle:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Bristol Rich":1h5vc51f said:
GreenThing":1h5vc51f said:
Bristol Rich":1h5vc51f said:

I'm as bigger critic and moaner as anyone but let's at least give Lowe a chance. His seat is barely warm.

Cos he's always standing!! Siddown at the front!!

FWIW my first game yesterday and I enjoyed it!! :scarf:
Like Baxter, Edwards and Mayor, proper footballers; I'd have Sarcevic back in there, big contributor!!

Love Mayor turning his man and moving away and going direct, strong player, they had to foul him to stop him. One day a ref will protect him properly, then you'll see a game!!

Not a great fan of playing the ball out from the back 10 times out of 10. I think 8/9 out of 10 stops them reading it and closing you down. Draw them in and pump it over their heads a couple of times, give em a fright!!

TBH I hated most of what I have watched for the previous 5 seasons or so.

More then happy to give RL a chance! :scarf:

Mar 14, 2009
The opening paragraph the OP writes is brilliant.

Of course lm being sarcastic. Yet his love for Adams is so great he can't even say we finishef second to Portsmouth. There is no such thing as joint top unless you have the same goal difference. The reason we finished second is because we weren't good enough to win the league. Even though we had a decent opportunity to do so.

He never mentions the two seasons where we were one of the lowest goalscoring away teams. The reason for this is his "great one's" tactics. He doesn't mention the terrible starts to his final two seasons. The way the first three months we couldn't buy a win at times.

The best bit though about the OP. He doesnt mention the relegation that Adams caused.

I appreciate that he has gone. That we won't have to witness any more of his dull or boring football. He had four years. And he FAILED. So you start a thread to talk about a manager you appreciate that basically FAILED.

Maybe Lowe won't suceed. Maybe his football won't be any better. But he deserves time and patience from the fan base. If he doesn't suceed we move on but to be honest l can't take the OP seriously. Lowe has had months in his Argyle reign. Adams had years and so l have no idea how you can compare what's going on now with what Adams did when Lowe has only been here a couple of months.

The OP is sulking along with a few other posters who keep mentioning Adams. They put their faith in him and he let them down. Now their ego can't admit they were wrong about Adams which is why they start barmy OP's like this one.

You need to let go. Adams got Argyle relegated. He failed you. He failed to deliver. Now your just in some werid denial along with a few other posters.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
edmonds200":g4d795ms said:
LeonTheGreen":g4d795ms said:
Derek Adams should have got us promoted in his first season. That squad was very strong. He failed. Second season we got over the line, fair enough. But let’s not forget, he left the club (on the pitch) in a worse state than he did when he took over. I don’t think any of Adams’s players from last season who are still here would get into that squad he took over from John Sheridan.

He’s gone, he’s moved on and so should you. It comes across like you do not want the current regime to succeed. Very strange. :sigh:

Yes it was strange that it seemed you didn't want the previous regime to succeed!!!

Eh? I’d of loved for him to keep us up last season. As would everyone I’m sure. But he didn’t. Everyone had their moans about him at the time, when he was rightfully sacked. We had all moved on less than a week later when Nance took charge against Scunthorpe.

Why can’t you move on? :eh:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
HC Green":1n4h6s9u said:
PL2 3DQ":1n4h6s9u said:
Derek Adams was what the club needed at the time, he probably stayed a season too far or even half a season too far, we were all hoping results would change after Christmas last season as they did in the previous season as we just missed the L1 play-offs.

The two posters on this threads who still support Adams are doing him no favours at all and it's a shame Adams is getting mocked by others because of those two posters.

It really is time to move on under a new era.

It seems strange but not unexpected that you have no objections to people rubbishing Adams but you aren’t happy with someone reminding people of his successes and achievements at Argyle.

Are you a fan of Plymouth Argyle Football Club or Plymouth Adams Football Club? :)

May 16, 2016
If only Adams had ditched the Jumper, done all his buttons up and wore tighter kegs, we might not be in this godforsaken League and the Football might have appeared more exciting.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Given the circumstances, time frame, player turnover & total change in style, I think we’ve actually made a reasonable start. Reminder that Bury were on less points at this stage L season. Some patience is still needed. It’s a project & we’re going in the right direction. Why do we need to draw comparisons to the previous regime? Move on and get behind the new one.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
FACT - we were told the football would be a brand of high tempo passing and pressing with plenty of excitement. Yesterday we troubled the keeper once (apart from the goals) against a team 3rd bottom.
FACT - Derek Adams has a higher win percentage in League 2 than any other manager in English football including the messiah
FACT - The messiah also relegated his team from League 1
FACT - We were told Danny Mayor was a better player than GC10. The reality is GC10 scored 31 goals in 2 League 2 seasons as well as so many other assists with whip on that Mayor can only dream off.
FACT - I have never asked for RL to be sacked - I said we should honour the 3 years he has been given just like we should have honoured DAs 5.
FACT - After we lost 1-0 at Carlisle in our promotion season Gary Miller and DA were subjected to horrendous abuse after 2 games of the season. Yesterday we drew 2-2 with Oldham and RL was cheered off like we had won the League.
FACT - because DA was not a salesman he was never going to be popular but he would never ever let us be 6 points behind City at any stage in a season. The point being if we had got behind DA like we get behind RL we would never have got relegated but hey ho lets pretend we are playing like Liverpool and that we are going to romp the league