Ladapo (merged) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ladapo (merged)

Feb 28, 2016
Plymstock808":g3iksoeb said:
Ave_IT":g3iksoeb said:
Lesley Somerville":g3iksoeb said:
That's a good point. He's a devout Christian so not even sure if he drinks anyway. I know a professional footballer (son of a schoolfriend) and he would simply never ever drink alcohol during the season. I think most of them are the same. Also why would Freddie be sanctioned but not Ruben?
Thatā€™s a very fair point. This is the problem ā€“ we are on the outside of all this and weā€™re all speculating on hearsay and putting two-and-two together and maybe getting it all wrong. Maybe -just maybe ā€“ Freddie and Ruben went out for the music event, behaved themselves impeccably, had a few soft drinks and went to bed early the next night. Maybe Freddie has been carrying an injury for some time (as Adams also said in his interview) but it is now bothering him more so he told Adams who decided not to risk it further and save him for the more winnable final two gamesā€¦ā€¦ā€¦. Maybe thatā€™s what DA meant when he said Freddie ruled himself out then maybe Freddieā€™s tweet just meant ā€œI didnā€™t exactly say that & Iā€™d have loved to have played but what can you do?ā€

If we were flying high at the top of the table none of this would surface at all.

I was out at Pryzm on that Wednesday night, Ladapo AND Ruben polished off a whole bottle of disaronno to themselves. I went up to Ruben to say hello, yet he tried his best to not make eye contact and ignore me

All depends on the size of the bottle if it was a 500ml bottle, my admittedly, back of a fag packet maths make that only 5 doubles each. Which I personally would think to be a reasonable amount to drink the night before a game. Even if it was a litre bottle 10 drinks 36 hours before a game, isnā€™t going to affect you. The only embarrassing thing is getting caught drinking such a girlie drink!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
MarkMatthews":3d4qkew4 said:
All depends on the size of the bottle if it was a 500ml bottle, my admittedly, back of a fag packet maths make that only 5 doubles each. Which I personally would think to be a reasonable amount to drink the night before a game.

Right...

The last 30 years really have passed you by completely, haven't they?

May 16, 2016
MarkMatthews":1vlbvz0e said:
Plymstock808":1vlbvz0e said:
Ave_IT":1vlbvz0e said:
Lesley Somerville":1vlbvz0e said:
That's a good point. He's a devout Christian so not even sure if he drinks anyway. I know a professional footballer (son of a schoolfriend) and he would simply never ever drink alcohol during the season. I think most of them are the same. Also why would Freddie be sanctioned but not Ruben?
Thatā€™s a very fair point. This is the problem ā€“ we are on the outside of all this and weā€™re all speculating on hearsay and putting two-and-two together and maybe getting it all wrong. Maybe -just maybe ā€“ Freddie and Ruben went out for the music event, behaved themselves impeccably, had a few soft drinks and went to bed early the next night. Maybe Freddie has been carrying an injury for some time (as Adams also said in his interview) but it is now bothering him more so he told Adams who decided not to risk it further and save him for the more winnable final two gamesā€¦ā€¦ā€¦. Maybe thatā€™s what DA meant when he said Freddie ruled himself out then maybe Freddieā€™s tweet just meant ā€œI didnā€™t exactly say that & Iā€™d have loved to have played but what can you do?ā€

If we were flying high at the top of the table none of this would surface at all.

I was out at Pryzm on that Wednesday night, Ladapo AND Ruben polished off a whole bottle of disaronno to themselves. I went up to Ruben to say hello, yet he tried his best to not make eye contact and ignore me

All depends on the size of the bottle if it was a 500ml bottle, my admittedly, back of a fag packet maths make that only 5 doubles each. Which I personally would think to be a reasonable amount to drink the night before a game. Even if it was a litre bottle 10 drinks 36 hours before a game, isnā€™t going to affect you. The only embarrassing thing is getting caught drinking such a girlie drink!

Fair point. There's a lot of science involved. I've often sat up late as I got through half a bottle of Tequila, posted a load of cr8p on here and then decided against playing footy a few hours later.

Edited to add that round these parts, it comes in 1 Ltr Bottles.

May 1, 2011
MarkMatthews":3r55f92x said:
Plymstock808":3r55f92x said:
Ave_IT":3r55f92x said:
Lesley Somerville":3r55f92x said:

Do you actually believe that in 2019 serious professionals are drinking the night before a game? You sound like you're watching football in the 80s, get real. These are professional athletes not pub footballers.
And yes in the later years of his career drink clearly did damage Cloughie

Feb 28, 2016
Bristol Rich":1wtrxyom said:
MarkMatthews":1wtrxyom said:
Plymstock808":1wtrxyom said:
Ave_IT":1wtrxyom said:
Lesley Somerville":1wtrxyom said:

Do you actually believe that in 2019 serious professionals are drinking the night before a game? You sound like you're watching football in the 80s, get real. These are professional athletes not pub footballers.

They are third division footballers. We canā€™t complain that footballers are out of touch and arrogant on one hand and then condemn/ban them from situations where they are rubbing shoulders, drinking with fans, over a full day before a game.

They are more athletic and fitter than most, probably have better nutrition plans than most all of which mean they are less likely to be affected by alcohol 36 hours later than most. Iā€™m not even a massive fan of him I would rather strikers from around here got his opportunities but I do think this is a complete over reaction.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
whether he and ruben should have gone clubbing is debatable,i would debate that they shouldn't have because of the dire state we are in,after all they would have been able to recover on the Thursday on the way to Gillingham so I don't think it would affect their performances.however,publicly ridiculing the manager,and by extension the club and the supporters is out of order.this wretched tweet should not have been done by Freddie!

May 16, 2016
Bristol Rich":h3013g72 said:
MarkMatthews":h3013g72 said:
Plymstock808":h3013g72 said:
Ave_IT":h3013g72 said:
Lesley Somerville":h3013g72 said:

It's like an Episode of 'Life on Mars' on here some days.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Mark, as you're close to the young players at Argyle, one of the best things you can tell them is to give up drinking ASAP. If they haven't already.

You really want to be a professional footballer in 2019, you have to make the sacrifices to do so. One of the first and biggest things Arsene Wenger did at Arsenal was getting rid of the drinking culture, and that was 1995.

Apr 1, 2017
arrythewurzel":3kap2o8d said:
So Freddy breaks the disciplinary code. Adams naturally wants to keep that in house. Doesn't tell a lie just a half-truth (to protect the player as much as anyone I should think).

Won't be the first time a player has broken club rules and won't be last .. and didn't affect his performance but there must be a sanction and fair treatment of all team members.

Can't see Adams has done much wrong on this one.

Freddy would do well to take down his tweet. Embarrassing.

So how come Ruben wasn't dropped then?

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
For what it is worth. Ladapo was at the reserve game against Southend this afternoon.
He was wearing a heavy bandage on his right leg, with what was obviously a very large ice pack on his right calf.

May 1, 2011
MarkMatthews":upj2y45n said:
Bristol Rich":upj2y45n said:
MarkMatthews":upj2y45n said:
Plymstock808":upj2y45n said:
Ave_IT":upj2y45n said:
Lesley Somerville":upj2y45n said:

They are third division footballers. We canā€™t complain that footballers are out of touch and arrogant on one hand and then condemn/ban them from situations where they are rubbing shoulders, drinking with fans, over a full day before a game.

They are more athletic and fitter than most, probably have better nutrition plans than most all of which mean they are less likely to be affected by alcohol 36 hours later than most. Iā€™m not even a massive fan of him I would rather strikers from around here got his opportunities but I do think this is a complete over reaction.

Is anyone complaining modern footballers are out of touch by not drinking less than 2 days before a game? Or do most people know it's not 1983?

Apr 29, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":12hmed2r said:
3 years of over success ....

So getting out of league 2 shouldnā€™t at least be the minimum aim of a Plymouth Argyle manager?

Being bottom of the league for the past two seasons in league one at Christmas or being one of the lowest goal scoring teams away from home for the past two seasons is over achieving?

Yes he has had decent spells as results but even to achieve this the football is palpable for the majority of it.

Is he honestly telling us he has had to make Argyle play this brand of football for the past four seasons in order to achieve the success we have had?

How many excuses left does he have?

If you got any sense Adams go at the end of the season because when that fourth side is built you will know then what people feel about your ā€œover achievementsā€.

So If he's in the second division and the minimum should be to win the league. What would you suggest that the maximum is then? Perhaps the Champions League?

Sep 6, 2006
philmeboots":28xl1yz8 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":28xl1yz8 said:
3 years of over success ....

So getting out of league 2 shouldnā€™t at least be the minimum aim of a Plymouth Argyle manager?

Being bottom of the league for the past two seasons in league one at Christmas or being one of the lowest goal scoring teams away from home for the past two seasons is over achieving?

Yes he has had decent spells as results but even to achieve this the football is palpable for the majority of it.

Is he honestly telling us he has had to make Argyle play this brand of football for the past four seasons in order to achieve the success we have had?

How many excuses left does he have?

If you got any sense Adams go at the end of the season because when that fourth side is built you will know then what people feel about your ā€œover achievementsā€.

So If he's in the second division and the minimum should be to win the league. What would you suggest that the maximum is then? Perhaps the Champions League?

How about play attractive attacking football?!

Aug 11, 2013
Born green":3lu6md0f said:
arrythewurzel":3lu6md0f said:
So Freddy breaks the disciplinary code. Adams naturally wants to keep that in house. Doesn't tell a lie just a half-truth (to protect the player as much as anyone I should think).

Won't be the first time a player has broken club rules and won't be last .. and didn't affect his performance but there must be a sanction and fair treatment of all team members.

Can't see Adams has done much wrong on this one.

Freddy would do well to take down his tweet. Embarrassing.

So how come Ruben wasn't dropped then?

Perhaps Ruben fessed up and apologized to the manager .... we can only speculate

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
plymouthboyuk":1vpei37t said:
For what it is worth. Ladapo was at the reserve game against Southend this afternoon.
He was wearing a heavy bandage on his right leg, with what was obviously a very large ice pack on his right calf.

Disaronno on the rocks.... sneaky!