Ladapo (merged) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ladapo (merged)

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Balham_Green":1hcrhn4i said:
Nobby":1hcrhn4i said:
Balham_Green":1hcrhn4i said:
Nobby":1hcrhn4i said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1hcrhn4i said:
arthpafc":1hcrhn4i said:
Took it same as you, and then you think of all stick Reid used to get but played always through the pain barrier because he was needed.

Go see the medical team by all means of course but you don't rule yourself out that's their job.

I honestly think if it s the way we see it then we have serious player issues.

It looked like today Carey and Lameiras are already preparing for their summer moves today by the way they played today. Once you stop playing for the manager, that’s it, game over for the club.

Still at least we will have Canavan and Wootton here next season :facepalm:

To be honest, Lameiras is always crap when the pressure is on. Was no different last year. Rubbish in the relegation battle until Christmas, then really good and went missing as playoffs were close.

So how often did Lameiras play before xmas last season? Lets see if you know what you are talking about. With the clowns around him e.g. Sarcevic, Lameiras gets little of the ball. He is a super player in a side with decent possession

Don’t get me wrong BG, he’s an excellent footballer and is probably hindered by the fact other players aren’t on his level, but we criticise the manager for delivering only 3 good months a year, it’s only fair to level the same criticism at a player.

Prior to Christmas last year he made 2 starts and 9 sub appearances, was on the bench a further 7 without coming on. He did not score and got 1 assist. In the last 10 games of the season, he scored twice and got 3 assists.

This year in the first 10, he scored twice, in the last 10 has 3 assists and a goal. Certainly not awful, but for a player of his quality, it’s not exceptional and if we’re going to survive we really need him to be exceptional.

That being said he’s still far better than the rest of them (bar GC). Just has a tendency to not perform as well when the pressure is on.

On an unrelated note; he definitely over-achieved last year and it’s part of the reason this season is such a mess because it raised the expectations.

So you say he was rubbish before xmas last year when he only played 2 games . Makes a lot of sense. He was taken off yesterday presumably to protect him for Accy, after the game had already gone. About the only thing Adams got right. So Adams finally realizes his importance. Yet he hardly played him first half of season. Our best player. Where would we be if he had played more games? Clueless Adams.
Regrading the assists point, it is hardly his fault if he tees people up on a plate and clowns like Sarcevic miss open goals e.g. at Gillingham.

Whenever he featured he offered very little pre-Christmas, even if his chances were limited. Similarly to this year. Joel Grant 100% deserved his place in the side.

As for the assists point, no it’s not his fault, but I can’t recall everything he did in every game he’s played, hence the use of stats instead.

I’m not just putting it out there as an unevidenced throwaway opinion, it’s just something I, and probably some others, have noticed.

I really hope he ups his game for the next two.

Feb 28, 2016
Nobby":1nc3fa8u said:
MarkMatthews":1nc3fa8u said:
JannerinCardiff":1nc3fa8u said:
LeonTheGreen":1nc3fa8u said:
Went out clubbing on Wednesdays night/ Thursday morning the day before the Gills game, been a journeyman nobody all his career until now and has the arrogance to post crap like this. Whether he scores goals or not, his attitude for the cause stinks. Bin him off next month :wave:

Totally agree, going clubbing is not good preparation for huge games. He deserves to be disciplined.

My mate works on the doors at Pryzm pretty sure he said Wednesday was really busy because they had an huge turn on from some niche music genre. If Ladapo left at three o’ clock in the morning that’s 36 hours before kick off, how much alcohol would you have to drink for it still to be affecting you 36 hours later? Maybe he was just there for the music? Maybe he only had five or six drinks.I haven’t seen the video so I don’t know if was steaming or not. I can’t see the problem myself but unfortunately in these days of camera phones and a boss who lives a stricter lifestyle than Oliver Cromwell it was perhaps naive.

Mark, would your opinion be the same if Derek Adams had been filmed in a nightclub 48 hours before the game?

Even more so, as the same physical fitness levels aren’t required from him. I would have loved for Adams to have been filmed in a nightclub hours before a game, it would make him 100 more times relatable and interesting! Never had a problem with rumours of Williamson’s or Sheridan’s drinking either. It certainly didn’t seem to hinder Brian Clough’s footballing genius drinking before big games either!

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
gru_mpy":sugl55xt said:
There's a tweet doing the rounds which says "if this isn't proof that Adams has lost the dressing room then I don't know what is". Attached to this is a Tweet by Freddie Ladapo who simply says "I ruled myself out". The damning bit though is he tags on three emojis one of which is the bursting out laughing one.
If this really is the case then our chances of getting anything out of the last two games have just got slimmer.
isn't the first emoji,posted by mister postcode the crying emoji?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
PL2 3DQ":13lxxtbx said:
It would be quite an achievement to recover from a groin and calf injury in just five days.
The sad thing about this is is that Taylor really struggled against Barnsley, the defeat was due to poor defending but Ladapo might have made a difference up front.

I agree. Taylor was awful against Barnsley imo, trying to win fouls with the dark arts but was actually fouling his CB most of the time. He offered nothing and the Barnsley CB’s had him in their pockets.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Lesley Somerville":1alknda1 said:
That's a good point. He's a devout Christian so not even sure if he drinks anyway. I know a professional footballer (son of a schoolfriend) and he would simply never ever drink alcohol during the season. I think most of them are the same. Also why would Freddie be sanctioned but not Ruben?
That’s a very fair point. This is the problem – we are on the outside of all this and we’re all speculating on hearsay and putting two-and-two together and maybe getting it all wrong. Maybe -just maybe – Freddie and Ruben went out for the music event, behaved themselves impeccably, had a few soft drinks and went to bed early the next night. Maybe Freddie has been carrying an injury for some time (as Adams also said in his interview) but it is now bothering him more so he told Adams who decided not to risk it further and save him for the more winnable final two games………. Maybe that’s what DA meant when he said Freddie ruled himself out then maybe Freddie’s tweet just meant “I didn’t exactly say that & I’d have loved to have played but what can you do?”

If we were flying high at the top of the table none of this would surface at all.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
jespafc":245217i5 said:
arrythewurzel":245217i5 said:
So Freddy breaks the disciplinary code. Adams naturally wants to keep that in house. Doesn't tell a lie just a half-truth (to protect the player as much as anyone I should think).

Won't be the first time a player has broken club rules and won't be last .. and didn't affect his performance but there must be a sanction and fair treatment of all team members.

Can't see Adams has done much wrong on this one.

Freddy would do well to take down his tweet. Embarrassing.

Exactly.

Bye bye Freddy. Cheers for the goals, but you're not bigger than this football club.

Totally agree if Ladapo has been naughty he deserves to be disciplined and to me it’s been well handled by Adams. If we got good money for Ladapo say 400-500k (that was put back into team strengthening) I’d not be too fussed if he left in the summer..

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ave_IT":3mehgw5h said:
Lesley Somerville":3mehgw5h said:
That's a good point. He's a devout Christian so not even sure if he drinks anyway. I know a professional footballer (son of a schoolfriend) and he would simply never ever drink alcohol during the season. I think most of them are the same. Also why would Freddie be sanctioned but not Ruben?
That’s a very fair point. This is the problem – we are on the outside of all this and we’re all speculating on hearsay and putting two-and-two together and maybe getting it all wrong. Maybe -just maybe – Freddie and Ruben went out for the music event, behaved themselves impeccably, had a few soft drinks and went to bed early the next night. Maybe Freddie has been carrying an injury for some time (as Adams also said in his interview) but it is now bothering him more so he told Adams who decided not to risk it further and save him for the more winnable final two games………. Maybe that’s what DA meant when he said Freddie ruled himself out then maybe Freddie’s tweet just meant “I didn’t exactly say that & I’d have loved to have played but what can you do?”

If we were flying high at the top of the table none of this would surface at all.
He was limping yesterday.

Oct 14, 2015
JannerinCardiff":1d2u7dey said:
PL2 3DQ":1d2u7dey said:
It would be quite an achievement to recover from a groin and calf injury in just five days.
The sad thing about this is is that Taylor really struggled against Barnsley, the defeat was due to poor defending but Ladapo might have made a difference up front.

I agree. Taylor was awful against Barnsley imo, trying to win fouls with the dark arts but was actually fouling his CB most of the time. He offered nothing and the Barnsley CB’s had him in their pockets.

As predicted by so many and others who suggested Taylor would be our saviour after last seasons climb towards the playoffs..

Why someone hasn’t suggested to him that his theatrics don’t work and as proved it worked against him. Refs have sussed him out

May 16, 2016
I asked my pretend mate who works for Security up Derriford if there was any Pro Footballers brought into A&E after drunken punch ups recently. He said none that he knew of and in fact, it had been reasonably quiet on that front even for mid week. I guess we can all read between the lines on that and work out what's really going on in the dressing room. Player politics no doubt suggest something or other. I've checked Twitter and Snapchat as well.

What a joke this has become. I'd even thought of enquiring about Pioneer membership. Might not bother going on the website after all this.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Steve Evans":1hqkojqw said:
gru_mpy":1hqkojqw said:
There's a tweet doing the rounds which says "if this isn't proof that Adams has lost the dressing room then I don't know what is". Attached to this is a Tweet by Freddie Ladapo who simply says "I ruled myself out". The damning bit though is he tags on three emojis one of which is the bursting out laughing one.
If this really is the case then our chances of getting anything out of the last two games have just got slimmer.
Crying with laughter, Steve.

Jan 11, 2017
Ave_IT":3d7wo4rg said:
Lesley Somerville":3d7wo4rg said:

I was out at Pryzm on that Wednesday night, Ladapo AND Ruben polished off a whole bottle of disaronno to themselves. I went up to Ruben to say hello, yet he tried his best to not make eye contact and ignore me

May 16, 2016
Keepitgreen":j28w1v9i said:
Steve Evans":j28w1v9i said:
gru_mpy":j28w1v9i said:

Seriously, has being a Supporter of a Club descended to the level where forming and expressing our opinions of whether we want a Player or Manager to stay or go, is being based on the use of a tiny little funny faced cartoon thingy rather than cold hard fact ?

Sometimes it's all so embarrassing.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
:lol:
Guiri Green":1x8enagw said:
Keepitgreen":1x8enagw said:
Steve Evans":1x8enagw said:
gru_mpy":1x8enagw said:

Seriously, has being a Supporter of a Club descended to the level where forming and expressing our opinions of whether we want a Player or Manager to stay or go, is being based on the use of a tiny little funny faced cartoon thingy rather than cold hard fact ?

Sometimes it's all so embarrassing.
:lol:

:oops:

I mean oops

:roll:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Keepitgreen":1svqae3i said:
Steve Evans":1svqae3i said:
gru_mpy":1svqae3i said:
thank you.this is all very depressing after the misery of yesterday

Aug 5, 2012
Gravesend - Kent
Steve Evans":2e9tl9yl said:
gru_mpy":2e9tl9yl said:

To be honest I haven't a clue. I don't do children's cartoons. I assumed it was someone crying with laughter. Perhaps one of our younger posters could explain.