Ladapo (merged) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ladapo (merged)

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
Metal_Green_Mickey":25lmum1e said:
3 years of over success ....

So getting out of league 2 shouldn’t at least be the minimum aim of a Plymouth Argyle manager?

Being bottom of the league for the past two seasons in league one at Christmas or being one of the lowest goal scoring teams away from home for the past two seasons is over achieving?

Yes he has had decent spells as results but even to achieve this the football is palpable for the majority of it.

Is he honestly telling us he has had to make Argyle play this brand of football for the past four seasons in order to achieve the success we have had?

How many excuses left does he have?

If you got any sense Adams go at the end of the season because when that fourth side is built you will know then what people feel about your “over achievements”.

Believe me MGM, after yesterdays game, Adams and Co. felt the wrath of the supporters as they made their way down the tunnel. Wotton didnt take too kindly to it either and was biting back from what i saw whilst sat at the front of block 9

Aug 5, 2012
Gravesend - Kent
There's a tweet doing the rounds which says "if this isn't proof that Adams has lost the dressing room then I don't know what is". Attached to this is a Tweet by Freddie Ladapo who simply says "I ruled myself out". The damning bit though is he tags on three emojis one of which is the bursting out laughing one.
If this really is the case then our chances of getting anything out of the last two games have just got slimmer.

Sep 6, 2006
Nobby":3ahqnxka said:
Balham_Green":3ahqnxka said:
Nobby":3ahqnxka said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3ahqnxka said:
arthpafc":3ahqnxka said:
Took it same as you, and then you think of all stick Reid used to get but played always through the pain barrier because he was needed.

Go see the medical team by all means of course but you don't rule yourself out that's their job.

I honestly think if it s the way we see it then we have serious player issues.

It looked like today Carey and Lameiras are already preparing for their summer moves today by the way they played today. Once you stop playing for the manager, that’s it, game over for the club.

Still at least we will have Canavan and Wootton here next season :facepalm:

To be honest, Lameiras is always crap when the pressure is on. Was no different last year. Rubbish in the relegation battle until Christmas, then really good and went missing as playoffs were close.

So how often did Lameiras play before xmas last season? Lets see if you know what you are talking about. With the clowns around him e.g. Sarcevic, Lameiras gets little of the ball. He is a super player in a side with decent possession

Don’t get me wrong BG, he’s an excellent footballer and is probably hindered by the fact other players aren’t on his level, but we criticise the manager for delivering only 3 good months a year, it’s only fair to level the same criticism at a player.

Prior to Christmas last year he made 2 starts and 9 sub appearances, was on the bench a further 7 without coming on. He did not score and got 1 assist. In the last 10 games of the season, he scored twice and got 3 assists.

This year in the first 10, he scored twice, in the last 10 has 3 assists and a goal. Certainly not awful, but for a player of his quality, it’s not exceptional and if we’re going to survive we really need him to be exceptional.

That being said he’s still far better than the rest of them (bar GC). Just has a tendency to not perform as well when the pressure is on.

On an unrelated note; he definitely over-achieved last year and it’s part of the reason this season is such a mess because it raised the expectations.

So you say he was rubbish before xmas last year when he only played 2 games . Makes a lot of sense. He was taken off yesterday presumably to protect him for Accy, after the game had already gone. About the only thing Adams got right. So Adams finally realizes his importance. Yet he hardly played him first half of season. Our best player. Where would we be if he had played more games? Clueless Adams.
Regrading the assists point, it is hardly his fault if he tees people up on a plate and clowns like Sarcevic miss open goals e.g. at Gillingham.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Oct 16, 2016
That’s a comment to the manager without question, it was Adams that stated he’d (Ladapo) ruled himself out.

I mentioned the dressing room earlier this season, obviously given short shrift.

If you can’t see how the players aren’t trying you’re mad, most of you have watched football for years. They don’t go on Adams too much and it seems obvious

Mar 23, 2008
As that was posted this morning, clearly a dig at Adams post game comments. The players are not playing for him clearly and Ladapo is popular in the dressing room, not a good time of the season to be picking fights when we need unity. Adams turned on the fans earlier in the season, now perhaps the players, when does the time come to look closer to home?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Well that's not promising, is it?

Though from the subsequent comments on there, it looks like if Adams had told the truth it would have made Freddie look even worse. Probably best for him to shut up on social media, if that's the case. And especially as this is the manager that signed and played him in his best ever season.

What a mess.

Mar 23, 2019
If the players don't want to play for Adams, thats fair enough.... But please play for us... We'll still be here next month.

Two games against two terrible teams, we need four points i think.

Jesus christ this is depressing.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Went out clubbing on Wednesdays night/ Thursday morning the day before the Gills game, been a journeyman nobody all his career until now and has the arrogance to post crap like this. Whether he scores goals or not, his attitude for the cause stinks. Bin him off next month :wave:

Sep 19, 2015
Getting beyond embarrassing now. The players are at loggerheads with the manager, the fans are at loggerheads with the manager. Thanks for what you have done Derek but this summer is the right time for you to go.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
LeonTheGreen":1calruf8 said:
Went out clubbing on Wednesdays night/ Thursday morning the day before the Gills game, been a journeyman nobody all his career until now and has the arrogance to post crap like this. Whether he scores goals or not, his attitude for the cause stinks. Bin him off next month :wave:

Not entirely sure journeyman can be used to describe him... he's only 26 and spent the first 5 years of his life in non-league before signing for Palace. Since then he has played for Southend and Argyle in the football league.

If he ahd been out clubbing he still looked a damn sight more interested and athletic in the Gillingham game than most others on show.

Hope he stays next year and has a team that can get up the pitch and support him.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Action Jackson":hzl2sbtw said:
If the players don't want to play for Adams, thats fair enough.... But please play for us... We'll still be here next month.

We may still be here, but I suspect for whatever reason most of them won't be. That is a big problem.

FWIW I noticed Ainsworth talking to a couple of Barnsley staff on the pitch before the game started - about 10-15 yards from the touchline. He was cupping his hand over his mouth during that conversation (they weren't). Now I'm not sure as many cameras would be trained on Lionel as they would be Pogba or Sterling, but he clearly didn't want what he was saying to be seen or heard.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
This is not good….. Freddie has done himself no favours – it’s a stupid, unprofessional tweet that he must know will cause a stir after not appearing on Saturday. The rest is pure speculation and hearsay – IF (big IF) it’s true about him clubbing before an important game and IF (big IF) that has something to do with him not appearing due to a falling out with DA then that’s his fault not Adams …… Any decent manager thinking about signing him would have a serious double think if such speculation has any basis in it – and if it has then I don’t think I want him around too long.