Ladapo (merged) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ladapo (merged)

Feb 21, 2011
Balham_Green":20421obh said:
Nobby":20421obh said:
Balham_Green":20421obh said:
Nobby":20421obh said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":20421obh said:
arthpafc":20421obh said:
Took it same as you, and then you think of all stick Reid used to get but played always through the pain barrier because he was needed.

Go see the medical team by all means of course but you don't rule yourself out that's their job.

I honestly think if it s the way we see it then we have serious player issues.

It looked like today Carey and Lameiras are already preparing for their summer moves today by the way they played today. Once you stop playing for the manager, that’s it, game over for the club.

Still at least we will have Canavan and Wootton here next season :facepalm:

To be honest, Lameiras is always crap when the pressure is on. Was no different last year. Rubbish in the relegation battle until Christmas, then really good and went missing as playoffs were close.

So how often did Lameiras play before xmas last season? Lets see if you know what you are talking about. With the clowns around him e.g. Sarcevic, Lameiras gets little of the ball. He is a super player in a side with decent possession

Don’t get me wrong BG, he’s an excellent footballer and is probably hindered by the fact other players aren’t on his level, but we criticise the manager for delivering only 3 good months a year, it’s only fair to level the same criticism at a player.

Prior to Christmas last year he made 2 starts and 9 sub appearances, was on the bench a further 7 without coming on. He did not score and got 1 assist. In the last 10 games of the season, he scored twice and got 3 assists.

This year in the first 10, he scored twice, in the last 10 has 3 assists and a goal. Certainly not awful, but for a player of his quality, it’s not exceptional and if we’re going to survive we really need him to be exceptional.

That being said he’s still far better than the rest of them (bar GC). Just has a tendency to not perform as well when the pressure is on.

On an unrelated note; he definitely over-achieved last year and it’s part of the reason this season is such a mess because it raised the expectations.

So you say he was rubbish before xmas last year when he only played 2 games . Makes a lot of sense. He was taken off yesterday presumably to protect him for Accy, after the game had already gone. About the only thing Adams got right. So Adams finally realizes his importance. Yet he hardly played him first half of season. Our best player. Where would we be if he had played more games? Clueless Adams.
Regrading the assists point, it is hardly his fault if he tees people up on a plate and clowns like Sarcevic miss open goals e.g. at Gillingham.
He was taken off yesterday as he never got in the game, Barnsley are essentially a bottom end championship squad who know how to shut down players like GC and RL and did so with ease. probing diagonal balls opened us up time and again and in the end 0-3 flattered us, all we had in response was a lump upfield easily cleared up by decent defenders. They're easily the best side I've seen down here and I fully expect them to get over the line, sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say they were better than us, next two games are winnable and winning one will probably see us stay up.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
LeonTheGreen":ngzhknxz said:
Went out clubbing on Wednesdays night/ Thursday morning the day before the Gills game, been a journeyman nobody all his career until now and has the arrogance to post crap like this. Whether he scores goals or not, his attitude for the cause stinks. Bin him off next month :wave:

Totally agree, going clubbing is not good preparation for huge games. He deserves to be disciplined.

Apr 9, 2011
Getting back to the subject in question. The players chins must be on the floor after the debacle in the two games over Easter. Just wondered what people think , do we have confidence there is any one in the back room staff capable of raising morale for the vital last two matches? If the players really are not playing for Adams & have lost pride in themselves then we have had it. Am afraid Brent made an almighty mistake in handing Adams a 5 year contract it is ruining our club :sigh:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It would be quite an achievement to recover from a groin and calf injury in just five days.
The sad thing about this is is that Taylor really struggled against Barnsley, the defeat was due to poor defending but Ladapo might have made a difference up front.

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":r4xp5z9l said:
It would be quite an achievement to recover from a groin and calf injury in just five days.
The sad thing about this is is that Taylor really struggled against Barnsley, the defeat was due to poor defending but Ladapo might have made a difference up front.

Depends how severe the injury is. May just be a slight strain. You dont know.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
This is poor from Ladapo. Out clubbing less than 48 hours before a huge game and takes dressing room issues out onto social media for the world to see.

Shocking attitude in the current circumstances.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
This reminds me just a bit of the current situation in government. When leadership fails then individuals look to their own position and what the future might hold for them under different scenarios. Whatever the rights and wrongs of individual behaviour, it's clear that team spirit at HP is lacking - the media, the fans, possibly players.....we are NOT united under DA. At this critical juncture, this is, as they say, sub-optimal.

Mar 23, 2008
Nobby":19z86uud said:
This is poor from Ladapo. Out clubbing less than 48 hours before a huge game and takes dressing room issues out onto social media for the world to see.

Shocking attitude in the current circumstances.
In fairness though, he's responding to Adams public comments publicly. Two wrongs don't make a right but the catalyst is Adams post game comments. If he saw the big picture and said he had an injury as opposed to saying he ruled himself out, this this could have been dealt with in private.

Aug 11, 2013
So Freddy breaks the disciplinary code. Adams naturally wants to keep that in house. Doesn't tell a lie just a half-truth (to protect the player as much as anyone I should think).

Won't be the first time a player has broken club rules and won't be last .. and didn't affect his performance but there must be a sanction and fair treatment of all team members.

Can't see Adams has done much wrong on this one.

Freddy would do well to take down his tweet. Embarrassing.

Feb 28, 2016
JannerinCardiff":2bhoky05 said:
LeonTheGreen":2bhoky05 said:
Went out clubbing on Wednesdays night/ Thursday morning the day before the Gills game, been a journeyman nobody all his career until now and has the arrogance to post crap like this. Whether he scores goals or not, his attitude for the cause stinks. Bin him off next month :wave:

Totally agree, going clubbing is not good preparation for huge games. He deserves to be disciplined.

My mate works on the doors at Pryzm pretty sure he said Wednesday was really busy because they had an huge turn on from some niche music genre. If Ladapo left at three o’ clock in the morning that’s 36 hours before kick off, how much alcohol would you have to drink for it still to be affecting you 36 hours later? Maybe he was just there for the music? Maybe he only had five or six drinks.I haven’t seen the video so I don’t know if was steaming or not. I can’t see the problem myself but unfortunately in these days of camera phones and a boss who lives a stricter lifestyle than Oliver Cromwell it was perhaps naive.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
That's a good point. He's a devout Christian so not even sure if he drinks anyway. I know a professional footballer (son of a schoolfriend) and he would simply never ever drink alcohol during the season. I think most of them are the same. Also why would Freddie be sanctioned but not Ruben?

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
arrythewurzel":1ez91wvx said:
So Freddy breaks the disciplinary code. Adams naturally wants to keep that in house. Doesn't tell a lie just a half-truth (to protect the player as much as anyone I should think).

Won't be the first time a player has broken club rules and won't be last .. and didn't affect his performance but there must be a sanction and fair treatment of all team members.

Exactly.

Bye bye Freddy. Cheers for the goals, but you're not bigger than this football club.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
arrythewurzel":3bkxg3rc said:

Agreed.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
MarkMatthews":1hy2iory said:
JannerinCardiff":1hy2iory said:
LeonTheGreen":1hy2iory said:

My mate works on the doors at Pryzm pretty sure he said Wednesday was really busy because they had an huge turn on from some niche music genre. If Ladapo left at three o’ clock in the morning that’s 36 hours before kick off, how much alcohol would you have to drink for it still to be affecting you 36 hours later? Maybe he was just there for the music? Maybe he only had five or six drinks.I haven’t seen the video so I don’t know if was steaming or not. I can’t see the problem myself but unfortunately in these days of camera phones and a boss who lives a stricter lifestyle than Oliver Cromwell it was perhaps naive.

Mark, would your opinion be the same if Derek Adams had been filmed in a nightclub 48 hours before the game?