Idiot supporters (Smokebombgate) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Idiot supporters (Smokebombgate)

Sep 6, 2006
I assume that having

With numerous Argyle fans having respiratory issues due to one poxy smoke bomb on Saturday, I can only assume that the death toll from this match overshadowed any potential atmosphere created by these needless thugs!

or is it only the middle aged Brits that suck the life out of modern game?
Yeah it would have been such a dismal atmosphere without the smoke bomb. Made all the difference. Can we have one every week just to make sure we keep the 'atmosphere'?

Apr 3, 2010
Course those breaking the rules wanting to stand couldn't have moved there could they? I can stand and stood on an aisle to not obstruct as the only way to see the game. But it was not evident to anybody on the right side that there were empty seats anyway. Sorry to ruin your brilliant theory. Wouldn't want to do anything to spoil the selfish standers day would we?
Seems like an ongoing needless situation it’s pretty evident there will always be those that want to sit and those that want to stand, there was a situation a few seasons ago which almost alienated a part of the support when the mayflower ST holders were rehoused all over the ground some of which were moved to the back of block 14/15 where for around 10 seasons there has been a group that stand there out of everyone’s way and there was never a problem up until this point.

From what I hear there was quickly an issue with those that had moved that there sightlines were blocked by this group instead of arranging for these mayflower fans to be moved in to the 95% of the ground that sits down they began banning supporters without notice.

there are awkward sets of fans on both sides of this arguement and that’s not always recognised, I’ve seen people sit at the back of the stand screaming for people to sit down when there are plenty of seats elsewhere. Common sense needs to take hold it would save a lot of arguements.

Sep 19, 2015
Not really my point BG.

My point is that why are these pyrotechnics only deemed a safety risk to fans in UK football stadiums?

football grounds across Europe and South America, Formula 1 spectators, Gigs and festivals, all events where pyrotechnics are frequently used with minimal issue.

Whats so different about British football stadia compared to the above? The only answer I can see is the mentality of the folk attending, middle aged men looking to drain every last bit of enjoyment that the youngsters of today take from football. Let them have there moment like we had ours which for me was 20 odd years ago.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Can’t believe we are debating this with so many trying to defend the use o flairs at a football match.

Its 2021, not 1981.

Unbelievable 😦

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
It was a pathetic smoke bomb.

It did nothing for the atmosphere.

It caused criminal damage.

It will make searches at Home Park and elsewhere even more stringent when Argyle are around.

It was a waste of time, money and effort.

The culprit will be easily identified from the Plough Lane cameras.

Sep 20, 2021
People drinking,singing and letting off smoke bombs will always be at argyle.and yourll always get your moaners rushing to post about it online.

Argyle could potentially go top tonight with two home games coming up.

Let's try and enjoy that,if you can't then that's really sad.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
If they are so harmless, as some contributors keep saying, why doesn’t the perpetrator just set if off on the ground next to them and let the effects surround him or herself and their friends?

Reactions: David Doidge
Aug 4, 2011
I think we’re noticing a growing number of teenage / early 20’s following argyle - certainly on the road.
You know, the type berated for years on here for being Man Yoo / Chelsea / Liverpool pub supporters. Why don’t they come and watch argyle?
Well, now they are it seems their youthful exuberance is upsetting others around them. You can’t have it both ways

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
What would people say if that flare had hit someone in the face or body & burnt them- would your call it youthful exuberance or would you say sorry wrong place, wrong time & you were in the way of my fun- i doubt the person who was injured by a persons stupid actions would see it that way

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
What would people say if that flare had hit someone in the face or body & burnt them- would your call it youthful exuberance or would you say sorry wrong place, wrong time & you were in the way of my fun- i doubt the person who was injured by a persons stupid actions would see it that way
It’s not a flare mate.

Reactions: Pilgrim Dan
Jan 29, 2020
You can't get burned by a smoke cannister :ROFLMAO:

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Found this article on the Internet from 2014

The 2012/13 season saw a record 71 arrests for possession of pyrotechnics at a sporting event – more than double the previous season’s figure. Among those jailed was an Oxford United fan who got two months and a six-year ban for taking a smoke bomb into Home Park.

Maybe the penny will finally drop

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
You can't get burned by a smoke cannister :ROFLMAO:
You say that but even a manufacturer of smoke cannisters selling online states on their website:

Enola Gaye smokes are designed to be used in close proximity to people but you cannot breathe the smoke and applies to all types of smoke. You can be in the smoke, but with any smoke it can cause breathing difficulties, especially if people are asthmatic.

Then;

Yes it can stain if held close to the material. We would not advise using our smoke products close enough to stain material as this would also create a fire risk. From our tests materials within 2 meters of the nozzle of the smoke may become stained from the smoke dye.

So;
- causes breathing difficulties, especially for people with asthma

- stains clothes

- if held close to material causes a fire risk.

I'm not the fun police. I like an atmosphere at games I attend, hence frequent trips to Europe, but I find that atmosphere is achieved through volume of singing/chanting, not some coloured smoke.
_________
From reports of smoke bomb use in the Netherlands, 2017;

PSV's Eredivisie clash with Ajax had to be halted after smoke bombs were set off in the stands.

Supporters of PSV set off the bombs in protest against recent banning orders in Dutch football.

Fourteen people were hospitalised as thick plumes of smoke engulfed sections of the Philips Stadion on Sunday afternoon.

Ten fans and four security guards all received treatment for respiratory issues.

Reactions: Mark Pedlar

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Enola Gaye? Really!

What a crass name for a pyro manufacturer. :rolleyes: