Idiot supporters (Smokebombgate) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Idiot supporters (Smokebombgate)

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
I’m not against vocal support. Are you suggesting that if the idiot didn’t take a flare into the ground, the vocal support would diminish?
Hahaha I think it’s pretty clear thats not what I’m suggesting.

Smoke bomb (it’s not a flare) or not, without fail there’s a thread on here after every game moaning about the mainly younger fans that dare stand and sing. My point is without those fans our away ends would be like a library. Our numbers are great but for years the noise levels have slowing been going down.

If pasoti had its way our away ends would resemble a mourge.

And no, before you suggest it, I was nowhere near the smoke bomb on Saturday. In fact where we stood there was two practically empty blocks with plenty of seats available for those that didn’t want to be around the group at the far end. Easier to not bother and moan on here I guess!

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth

Smoke bomb (it’s not a flare) or not, without fail there’s a thread on here after every game moaning about the mainly younger fans that dare stand and sing. My point is without those fans our away ends would be like a library. Our numbers are great but for years the noise levels have slowing been going down.

And no, before you suggest it, I was nowhere near the smoke bomb on Saturday. In fact where we stood there was two practically empty blocks with plenty of seats available for those that didn’t want to be around the group at the far end. Easier to not bother and moan on here I guess!
Who’s complaining about noise? The thread is about the smoke bomb, people can still support the team and make lots of noise without smoke bombs.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I was about to type much the same thing. I'm not even sure how I feel about all this either way, but there's no way anyone has moaned about people singing.

On the standing issue, all I would say is if I was in front of someone who physically couldn't stand and my standing meant they couldn't see the game... I am absolutely going to sit down. But this all comes back to the same point, that there needs to be (and will be) sitting and standing sections.

Mar 23, 2019
I personally think smoke bombs are great and add hugely to the atmosphere. I’ve watched games all across Europe where pyros are legal, not sure how some on here would cope if they watched football on the continent!

Whilst English football does it best to become sterile and sanitised our away support has been brilliant so far this season. Keep it up.

See you all at Pompey tomorrow.

C

Cult Of Personality

I dont wanna be the fun police but if you ever watched footage of the Bradford Fire you will know how quickly and how dangerous a fire can spread.

Now yes modern grounds are better suited but still why take the risk that something like that could not happen again.

Simply they are banned and for good reasons . Who ever uses should get the same kinda ban as someone coming onto the pitch. 3-5 years so that they learn but then are given a chance to redeem themselves later on

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Im guessing from.the pic the item.was a smoke effect pyro easily available online for photo stage n screen effects.

Whoever threw it should at least have made an effort to get the right shade of green!

• Haha
Reactions: Lundan Cabbie

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Be interesting to see what fine the club get if any. I will be asking all those in support of smoke effects on this thread to contribute to paying this fine. If we don't get one then great, you will have got away with it. We all love the noise, the atmosphere, and most of us contribute when we attend. Its simple really, some fans tend to have more consideration for others and don't like breaking the rules.

Reactions: bigalf

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham

Not at all. We were reliably informed that the away end was sold out. Therefore I was surprised when I saw the highlights on Saturday evening that there were empty seats. I have moved at previous away games but did not think it was an option Saturday as I could not see the seats from where I was sitting. Then again the home stands were also allegedly sold out and that was clearly not the case. I also have seen no attendance figures for the game which would be interesting reading. I read on Wimbledon message boards that the away capacity was cut from 1400 due to trouble at the Bolton game; ironically due to flares being thrown.

Jan 22, 2016
Are the days of asking someone if they’d be willing to swap seats gone? You tend to find there’s a number of reasonable people in football crowds.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Reading these posts- maybe away ends should be divided in 2- the rowdy half full of people under the influence of alcohol, wanting to throw flares & generally having no consideration for the other members of the green army around them & the other half can be full off sensible fans who enjoy the atmosphere, like a sing song & the banter with fellow greens but do not leave their common sense at home

We have all paid the same ticket money to watch the game & we all hope we will enjoy the game

Being sensible does not mean you are boring , a killjoy or a party pooper

Whoever choose to throw that flare - if the club gets punished will they be willing to foot the bill- probably not

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
How sad that this thread has amassed over twice as many posts as the thread about Hardee’s exquisite goal. As Sam Barker says, without this element, our away ends would be like library. In terms of volume, our away support is grossly overrated.