Idiot supporters (Smokebombgate) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Idiot supporters (Smokebombgate)

Jul 9, 2011
Interesting idea to split the away end as you suggest, what area do you think would sell more ticket, i would put money on it that the drinking, standing, smoke bomb area would sell out.

May 16, 2016
Why does everything have to be "enhanced" these days? Flares, drums and mobile phone lights, prancing about to both of the songs in the Argyle repertoire.

What happened to a good old fashioned punch up or rumble with the rozzers ?

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Can the away end actually be segregated into three sections with one housing the Karrimor hiking boot wearing dullards who will sit in silence apart from when jeering and berating our own players? Clearly, the notion of consuming alcohol within the immediate vicinity of a football ground is so obscene that I’m sure the concourse underneath could go without (more booze for the unruly delinquents). Everybody is a winner.

• Haha
Reactions: Argyle Casual

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
Recently went to a game on the continent where there was about 5000 ultras behind the goal, standing up and chanting all game with flares let off through out. At the same time, the other 2/3 sides of the stadium was reserved for fans who like to sit down.

Worked perfectly and both groups were happy.

I hope the one smoke bomb that was thrown onto the pitch 20 metres from any fan has not ruined anyone's weekend. And on a serious note, hope no one was hurt from this.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm not saying that's in any way right by the way, but the difference between Europe and us seems to be massive doesn't it?

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
I thought these things burn at 1600 degrees celsius and incinerate everything in the vicinity?
Flares certainly burn that hot. Melting point of iron isn't far off that temperature. Smoke distress signals or smoke bombs are a lot less but still get hot. The online bought effects pyrro which I suspect this is are even lower.

Don't know the legal status on effects pyros but it's against the law to ignite a distress signal be it smoke or flare unless in distress. Not even meant to dispose of life expired ones by setting them off.. though I routinely did for training purposes .

Sep 19, 2015
I assume that having
It does make you wonder though doesn't it?

View attachment 493
With numerous Argyle fans having respiratory issues due to one poxy smoke bomb on Saturday, I can only assume that the death toll from this match overshadowed any potential atmosphere created by these needless thugs!

or is it only the middle aged Brits that suck the life out of modern game?

Sep 6, 2006
Hahaha I think it’s pretty clear thats not what I’m suggesting.

Smoke bomb (it’s not a flare) or not, without fail there’s a thread on here after every game moaning about the mainly younger fans that dare stand and sing. My point is without those fans our away ends would be like a library. Our numbers are great but for years the noise levels have slowing been going down.

If pasoti had its way our away ends would resemble a mourge.

And no, before you suggest it, I was nowhere near the smoke bomb on Saturday. In fact where we stood there was two practically empty blocks with plenty of seats available for those that didn’t want to be around the group at the far end. Easier to not bother and moan on here I guess!
Course those breaking the rules wanting to stand couldn't have moved there could they? I can stand and stood on an aisle to not obstruct as the only way to see the game. But it was not evident to anybody on the right side that there were empty seats anyway. Sorry to ruin your brilliant theory. Wouldn't want to do anything to spoil the selfish standers day would we?