Idiot supporters (Smokebombgate) | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Idiot supporters (Smokebombgate)

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Every time I see one of these things go off i just think it’s a tedious person being tedious. It leads to the sort of searches we all complain about and does diddly squat to improve the atmosphere, other than for those people who are turned on by doing something marginally naughty and want to tell their schoolmates about it on the bus the next day. It’s not big and clever. You aren’t a ledge for doing it.

Sing your heart out. Invent a new song perhaps. Explore the extent of your imagination in doing so. Just don’t be tedious, dull and predictable. Because that a precisely what it is

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Every time I see one of these things go off i just think it’s a tedious person being tedious. It leads to the sort of searches we all complain about and does diddly squat to improve the atmosphere, other than for those people who are turned on by doing something marginally naughty and want to tell their schoolmates about it on the bus the next day. It’s not big and clever. You aren’t a ledge for doing it.

Sing your heart out. Invent a new song perhaps. Explore the extent of your imagination in doing so. Just don’t be tedious, dull and predictable. Because that a precisely what it is
The new song thing is what the lads who go to games should be concentrating on to create an atmosphere. Its frankly ridiculous to say that a smoke bomb being thrown on the pitch creates the atmosphere.

As many who know me will testify, i like to have few beers before and after games so i'm not against getting peed and enjoying yourself, but being bringing flares/smoke bombs doesn't do anything for me. Make up a new song and get everyone to join in, that's where the atmosphere is.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
I love to see passionate fans. In all guises. Whether I'm in the board room, Pioneer lounge, Devonport end or away. Just love it. It's what makes supporting Argyle wonderful. A bit of green smoke. Cool. If it makes a few fans experience special, after spending £20 odd hard earned quid and a few beers. So be it. All of this makes it so special for me.

Reactions: ChepstowGreen
Sep 20, 2021
I wonder if other fan bases are divided on such trivial matters,I suppose when the moaners are whinging about a bit of smoke the greens are doing something right on the pitch

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Trivial? Maybe the 'moaners' have lived through times when football hooligan behaviour started with the throwing of a few bog rolls, then on to coins, snooker balls, darts, pitch invasions Etc and eventually we had fences. I expect the yobs of that era thought it created a special 'atmosphere' , but we know where it eventually led.

Those Argyle fans who think it’s all harmless, shouldn’t be surprised then, if they become the subject of even more CCTV monitoring and searching in future and then hopefully, one or two of the miscreants will have their day in court.

There's a reason it’s against ground rules to bring flares etc in. It’s potentially dangerous. Matter of time before a player gets injured by one, or an innocent supporter. You see, when things escalate, it’s generally the innocent who come off worst.

Atmosphere ffs.

Sep 20, 2021
You assume wrong I'm afraid chap,if you think we are on a slippery slope back to the 70s/80s that's quite comical.

With better policing (than those times) ,cctv,databases on fans and the fact its not that popular with your average fan you just won't see hundreds of rampaging hooligans.

You've got 1,200+ fans from all back grounds and the only negative in your eyes is a bit of green smoke and some that have had a few too many on a day off.

Really is quite sad all people have is the joy of coming on here and slating fellow argyle fans

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I feel sorry for the 800 or so Argyle fans at Pompey, the atmosphere must have been terrible without a smoke bomb to enjoy.

• Haha
Reactions: David Doidge
Feb 8, 2005
You assume wrong I'm afraid chap,if you think we are on a slippery slope back to the 70s/80s that's quite comical.

With better policing (than those times) ,cctv,databases on fans and the fact its not that popular with your average fan you just won't see hundreds of rampaging hooligans.

You've got 1,200+ fans from all back grounds and the only negative in your eyes is a bit of green smoke and some that have had a few too many on a day off.

Really is quite sad all people have is the joy of coming on here and slating fellow argyle fans
What is really sad is the fact that some people are promoting the use of dangerous and forbidden items, using the fact that they should be able to do as they wish in total disregard for others.

We are fortunate that they are in the minority but, as usual, they make the most noise to try to substantiate their position with a serious lack of common sense.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
We are fortunate that they are in the minority but, as usual, they make the most noise to try to substantiate their position with a serious lack of common sense.
One in particular who has only been a member of this forum for a couple of days, has made 8 posts so far and all on this thread. Do I detect a pattern here? :unsure:

Reactions: David Doidge
Oct 31, 2015
Someone said, jokingly I think, “ I blame the parents” but I think that’sKentish a serious point. The parents of today’s teens to 30 year olds are Thatcher’s generation. They were raised on the mantra of only me counts. Unfortunately they have reinforced that way of thinking in passing it on to their children. That gives rise to things like smoke bombs, ignoring allocated seats etc etc. I don’t think there’s anything wrong in pushing the boundaries but you also need to take responsibility for your actions and consider others occasionally.
Umm I rarely get filed on here but this post totally pi££ed me off😡😡

You must be aiming this at my generation where my son is 27. Totally out of order if you are tarring me and my family with this brush.

Let's gets back to football and perhaps I will ignore Kentishgreen posts as he is obviously up his own rear🤫😡