Idiot supporters (Smokebombgate) | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Idiot supporters (Smokebombgate)

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Enola Gaye? Really!

What a crass name for a pyro manufacturer. :rolleyes:
I mean yeah but there is a lot of crassness in the world.
I went paintballing and they were calling some of the activities stuff like 'vietcong village' and 'siege of Stalingrad'. Not exactly in good taste.
They were just the most popular result on Google for smoke bomb purchase and even they, as the vendor are putting out warnings about their own product.

My last European game before lockdown was the Vienna derby. The Austria Vienna fans released a number of purple smoke bombs and, even at a distance, they were pretty noxious...I'm someone with no respiratory issues, fit and healthy, but I could see a few people having to cover their faces as the smoke drifted across the stand

Last edited:
May 16, 2016
I'd be more impressed with da' yoof and pyro fan club members if they put more effort into coming up with new material for the communal singing. Going to Argyle and hearing the singing is like visiting Lidls in a different city, doesn't matter where you are, you just get the same limited range of stuff all the time.

Reactions: Green 1886
Oct 31, 2015
Read this entire thread with interest. The different sides thoughts and where's and whyfores.

TBH I am anti any pyrotechnics being up for general sale. I Absolutely hate fireworks and flares should be for safety equipment only. So ban the general sales of all this type of thing and then the issue goes away.

The Bradford stand was caused by smokers and poor cleanliness around a wooden structure. Do we now smoke in stadia? Nope. Are the husbandry standards a lot higher. Yep.

For the youngster who threw the flare he or his parents should pick up the Don's repair bill if there is one.

On standing I sit as much as I can but I'm up and down during the whole match. Those around me have got used to it but please give me safe standing🤣🤣.

Alcohol, well yep I enjoy a few pints of apples before a game. It adds to my enjoyment of the whole afternoon. Am I drunk Nope, am I under the influence, yep

No I'm not a youngster I'm in my mid 50s.

With regards to bans there are other ways to mentor/teach the youngsters who sometimes are OTT. Blimey we were all teenagers once and most of us probably needed guidance at times (I still need it now🤣🤣👍).

Only my thoughts and opinions but I'm not a fan of the nanny state we have become (dont shoot me it's my personal opinion 👍)

Aug 5, 2015
Without condoning this at all those of us in our 50s and 60s should realise that some of our number were the idiot supporters of the past. I do think that clubs need to be a bit more proactive when selling tickets and try and separate the old and ill from the young and healthy. That might keep more people happy now that you have to have fixed seats

Reactions: metroace

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Without condoning this at all those of us in our 50s and 60s should realise that some of our number were the idiot supporters of the past. I do think that clubs need to be a bit more proactive when selling tickets and try and separate the old and ill from the young and healthy. That might keep more people happy now that you have to have fixed seats
Couldn't agree more and especially with away grounds.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010

The problem with that is there is usually a well oiled group, young and old, who turn up 10 minutes before kick-off and like to stand together regardless of their seat number, often filling 5 seats with 10 or so standing.

Away games are a perfect storm - a mix of old fans, families and kids and the younger boisterous fans all seated together, whereas at Home Park fans can pick where they want to watch the game.

It seems the Wimbledon stewards were not very good.

Reactions: Argyle Nutter

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Enola Gaye? Really!

Sell many in Japan d'you think?? That's shocking tbh!! o_O

On drinking: I went to get tea at the last home game. 2.55 approx. Guys were still buying two 'pints' each at 2.55. I like a drink (in a pub) before a game but necking back alcohol as quick as possible minutes before a game seems odd to me ... but hey ho, free country (ish).

Oct 10, 2012
Give me a fully sat away end wearing Argyle memorabilia and Karrimor any day of the week!

seriously what a miserable fan base we appear to have at times!

Reactions: Green 1886

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Enola Gaye? Really!

In poor taste but probably deliberate. Bockscar would be equally crass but less obvious. On the other hand how many of those buying and using their products would even understand the name?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Give me a fully sat away end wearing Argyle memorabilia and Karrimor any day of the week!

seriously what a miserable fan base we appear to have at times!
😂
Everyone is miserable and wears Karrimor because they don't think lobbing smoke bombs on a pitch is soooper cool bantz.

FWIW it doesn't particularly phase me having been at fixtures with large scale 'pyro'...but I can see how it'd be a bit naff if say a kid with asthma had their condition exacerbated by the injudicious use of a smoke bomb in their vicinity.
Or are we saying those people should stay away from football if they can't hack it (and don't wear the right clobber)