Humble Pie | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Humble Pie

Oct 31, 2015
God knows what a very poor start to a season looks like if some of you think the last 2 X seasons were slow starts!!!

Moore, Macey, Grant C wedged into midfield, Not having the Captain, Sarcs return from injury, allowing Rubes back on the pitch with GC10 ala last season and eventually finding our best CB pairing with Eddy fully recovering all make up why the turn in form and style.
Some I blame DA for, Some are injuries which we seem to have more of than most.

I will eat humble pie at the end of 19/20 season when we have pushed for the play offs all season ( or better :) ) as Davie Nine pointed out I am happy to tolerate as the football has turned, is a good watch with a superb run of results.

Mar 19, 2010
Its amazing how the green tinted glasses seem to block out the utter shambles August to December was this season. This is the second season now this has happened and a third would be totally unacceptable.

I'm still not Adams biggest fan, but credit where credit is due he's seemed to get a winning formula eventually, i'll be a lot happier when we're mathematically safe from relegation. Two defeats and we could be back in the mire again.

Imagine where we would be in the league if we could play like this in August or September? There's an idea Derek.

Mar 21, 2013
Argyle fans arguing with fellow argyle fans after a 5-1 win, how bizarre?! No ones changing their mind with their stance, what a waste of time.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":3m8l1kxr said:
Why pick on Macey and Tafari Moore? As if either of those signings put into this new side full of confidence and cohesion would turn us into 4-0 defeats. They were part of a side which had no confidence, low morale, but they weren't the reason for it. Carey contributed very little when we were bottom, why doesn't he get the same dog's abuse?

'Why pick on Tafari Moore'? Perhaps because he was useless? Complete liability. He was a major factor in our defence being so bad.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Find it laughable that people seem to make out Adams intends and wants to start the season poorly, obviously isn't the case. I said at the start of the season, considering our budget & the quality of the league that I'd be happy with mid table, which form wise we are more than on track for.

Sep 25, 2010
Stuart House":qvkvpnb3 said:
No humble pie.

Many of the reasons I Didn’t want Adams as manager still exist.

He’s still arrogant, still talks b$&@;)ks, still has way to much control over the whole club.

But if he keeps winning games I’ll tolerate him.

Just like the bullpoo spouted above, my god you have got a chip on your shoulder.

Jul 12, 2016
Justin,how is my post confusing? You can play decent football regardless of the budget. You and rest of the pro Adams brigade are easily pleased with a manager who thinks he is better than he is and no wonder with the hero worshipping you give him.Our football up to Christmas this season was largely rubbish yet Adams always has an excuse.Sooner he's gone the better.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
oldage":1ltmwwgb said:
Justin,how is my post confusing? You can play decent football regardless of the budget. You and rest of the pro Adams brigade are easily pleased with a manager who thinks he is better than he is and no wonder with the hero worshipping you give him.Our football up to Christmas this season was largely rubbish yet Adams always has an excuse.Sooner he's gone the better.
who woud you replace him with please?

Apr 1, 2009
Cobi Budge":3qejho1y said:
Find it laughable that people seem to make out Adams intends and wants to start the season poorly, obviously isn't the case. I said at the start of the season, considering our budget & the quality of the league that I'd be happy with mid table, which form wise we are more than on track for.

Who has actually said that Adams intends and wants to start the season badly? Seen plenty of criticism of Adams, but can't recall anyone saying this. Of course it's laughable if that has happened.

May 16, 2016
oldage":1xi0jy1m said:

I'd love to hear his excuse for this Years current run of games and results after playing decent Football on a low Budget.

Maybe he's better than some think he is ? Some can rightly be accused of ignoring the poor starts, but equally, isn't just as bad to ignore the stronger finishes and not to at least acknowledge if not credit him with the ability to turn it around with the majority of Players he started with ?

oldage":1a6jfs1m said:

Quotes like ‘thinks he is better than he is’ devalues any argument you have and has no place on here. Shame on you.

Jul 12, 2016
No shame at all. Adams has said in so many words we are lucky to have him.None of the pro Adams brigade have answered the question I have asked before.If he is such a marvellous manager why haven't other clubs been trying to poach him?
This is the place to mention it as it is a Plymouth Argyle Supporters site NOT an Adams fan club site.If you don't like it ,tough.

May 8, 2011
oldage":2bnmi8co said:
No shame at all. Adams has said in so many words we are lucky to have him.None of the pro Adams brigade have answered the question I have asked before.If he is such a marvellous manager why haven't other clubs been trying to poach him?
This is the place to mention it as it is a Plymouth Argyle Supporters site NOT an Adams fan club site.If you don't like it ,tough.

Haven’t they tried to poach him?
Adams has committed himself to being at Argyle for the long term and it may be one of his old fashioned values but to Adams loyalty is very important, if people are loyal to him, he is loyal to them.