Humble Pie | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Humble Pie

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
There are at least half a dozen who are seriously conspicuous by their absence.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
What did we do before all this Internet Bulls*** eh?
Still its good that the true fans got a result and performance today. Wonder what our North Devon big match fan has to make of it all?

Jul 12, 2016
No humble pie from me.I'm with Stuart house,nick Pastie etc. Adams start to two seasons is unforgivable.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PL2 3DQ":330z1030 said:
It's evident that this current good run has come from the players from last season, today's team only had three new signings.

During the poor run of games earlier in the season Lameiras, Fox, Sarcevic and Songo'o were in and out of the team and Sawyer and Edwards were absent plus we had an error prone keeper.
It could be that new players over the last two seasons struggle with the double training routine that Adams uses and pick up niggling injuries that disrupts the chance of a settled team which is reflected in poor results.

You mentioned it, but the keeper scenario in the first half of last season was freakish, and was clearly a major issue for us this time too. Perhaps that’s a huge reason for our shocking starts.

But yes, the training could be the consistent factor. It might make us tired and injured in the first bit of a season, then we see the benefit in the latter stages when the other teams aren’t as fit.

Whatever it is, we need to fix it. If only because SO much toxicity and bad will is (understandably) created from going so many games getting tonked, far more so than a regular mixed season of wins and defeats.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
oldage":1s9k2q9y said:
No humble pie from me.I'm with Stuart house,nick Pastie etc. Adams start to two seasons is unforgivable.
I’d rather have our start than Pompey’s finish.

Oct 31, 2015
Andy_S":3hzsd7ul said:
oldage":3hzsd7ul said:

I'd rather have Luton's season !!! Doesn't make it happen though does it

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
7 pts from the relegation zone and 14th in the league is hardly setting the world alight.

The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing twice but expecting a different outcome.
The way we have started the last 2 seasons has been absolutely appalling

If he stays on lets hope its 3rd time lucky and he has learnt from his MISTAKES.

Still has an awful lot to do to convince me

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
rsp4":138xbapw said:
Andy_S":138xbapw said:
oldage":138xbapw said:

I'd rather have Luton's season !!! Doesn't make it happen though does it

It did in 2001/2 and that was totally out of the blue. I can see Luton beating our 102 points record this season. Good luck to them.

May 16, 2016
samjones":29xz7d6e said:
7 pts from the relegation zone and 14th in the league is hardly setting the world alight.

The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing twice but expecting a different outcome.
The way we have started the last 2 seasons has been absolutely appalling

If he stays on lets hope its 3rd time lucky and he has learnt from his MISTAKES.

Still has an awful lot to do to convince me

We're also 7 Points from 8th and 14th in the League on a run of good form. Lost only once since New Years Day.

At least he's trying to convince you.

May 1, 2011
Andy_S":1l6atyhg said:

There are still plenty of posters happy to ignore half a season and pretend it wasn't terrible.

Great result today fantastic performance and we really have a chance of getting a result next week.

Aug 26, 2011
Tugboat":351cctik said:
TynanWozGr8":351cctik said:
I hope a significant number of the posters on here are now eating a large slice of humble pie after Adams has turned the season around

He’s too good a manager not to have

When he does go let’s hope he doesn’t get the lacking loyalty poo - the abuse he got was a f1king joke
It’s just as easy to praise when things are going well than it is to criticise when things aren’t.

Your saying this now but I bet you weren’t just as behind Adams during our slump as you are now.

Well thats where you are wrong - again Rowingboat - I do seem to recall a few of your posts on the subject though

Read my posts from last season and earlier this season and I have constantly said that Adams will turn it around and that I am more concerned about him going.

I have criticised Adams for the high turn over of players each season but I suspect this is more due to financial pressure than of his own choice.

He was watching the reserves last night so can't fault his commitment

Aug 26, 2011
Bristol Rich":32uwbzbh said:
Andy_S":32uwbzbh said:

There are still plenty of posters happy to ignore half a season and pretend it wasn't terrible.

Great result today fantastic performance and we really have a chance of getting a result next week.

It was sh1te but he has turned it around again - need to start season in August and also start building a team for the net three seasons not just season by season

Lets hope we can maintain this run of form to the end of the season and not fall away

Mar 23, 2008
rsp4":160klbzp said:
TynanWozGr8":160klbzp said:
I hope a significant number of the posters on here are now eating a large slice of humble pie after Adams has turned the season around

He’s too good a manager not to have

When he does go let’s hope he doesn’t get the lacking loyalty poo - the abuse he got was a f1king joke

Why should I???
If you are happy with half seasons that's your look out and more fool you.

I want Adams to realise the season starts in August..

As I have said for a while we will know where we sit after these next 2 games.

No humble pie from this call sign ffs

Instead of starting this post enjoy the day after that performance
Indeed, inflammatory original post and not clever. A great result and delighted with our form, fair play to Adams for turning it around. All that said, it doesn't erase two inept starts to a season, if he can evolve and find consistency we have a chance of going places. Perhaps some more humility when we struggle wouldn't go amiss either. Anyway, well done the boys and stick your humble pie where the sun doesn't shine.