Humble Pie | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Humble Pie

May 1, 2011
mervyn":87aenagj said:
oldage":87aenagj said:
Justin,how is my post confusing? You can play decent football regardless of the budget. You and rest of the pro Adams brigade are easily pleased with a manager who thinks he is better than he is and no wonder with the hero worshipping you give him.Our football up to Christmas this season was largely rubbish yet Adams always has an excuse.Sooner he's gone the better.

Quotes like ‘thinks he is better than he is’ devalues any argument you have and has no place on here. Shame on you.

Slightly sanctimonious post!

Bristol Rich":dywitwlt said:
mervyn":dywitwlt said:
oldage":dywitwlt said:
Justin,how is my post confusing? You can play decent football regardless of the budget. You and rest of the pro Adams brigade are easily pleased with a manager who thinks he is better than he is and no wonder with the hero worshipping you give him.Our football up to Christmas this season was largely rubbish yet Adams always has an excuse.Sooner he's gone the better.

Quotes like ‘thinks he is better than he is’ devalues any argument you have and has no place on here. Shame on you.

I don’t think it’s sanctimonious to decry any form of personal abuse.

Aug 5, 2016
oldage":3mv8pl72 said:
No shame at all. Adams has said in so many words we are lucky to have him.None of the pro Adams brigade have answered the question I have asked before.If he is such a marvellous manager why haven't other clubs been trying to poach him?.

How do you know they haven't? They might have enquired, found out that DA's on a four year contract, asked how much to buy him out and not been happy with the answer.

Sunderland asked how much for Freddie Ladapo and didn't like their answer either.

DA has directly turned around two disastrous seasons with his management. Talk about a fighter! How many other managers have taken a side bottom and adrift and got them to midtable in four months with the same players? The bloke is a genius in my opinion. We are very lucky to have Sir Derek.

May 1, 2011
mervyn":440ni0jv said:
Bristol Rich":440ni0jv said:
mervyn":440ni0jv said:
oldage":440ni0jv said:

Abuse?

Mar 19, 2010
Knibbsworth":3nozr7p1 said:
oldage":3nozr7p1 said:
No shame at all. Adams has said in so many words we are lucky to have him.None of the pro Adams brigade have answered the question I have asked before.If he is such a marvellous manager why haven't other clubs been trying to poach him?.

How do you know they haven't? They might have enquired, found out that DA's on a four year contract, asked how much to buy him out and not been happy with the answer.

Sunderland asked how much for Freddie Ladapo and didn't like their answer either.

DA has directly turned around two disastrous seasons with his management. Talk about a fighter! How many other managers have taken a side bottom and adrift and got them to midtable in four months with the same players? The bloke is a genius in my opinion. We are very lucky to have Sir Derek.

Have a word "DA has directly turned around two disastrous seasons with his management. Talk about a fighter! How many other managers have taken a side bottom and adrift and got them to midtable in four months with the same players? The bloke is a genius in my opinion. We are very lucky to have Sir Derek"

Its all been of his own doing if the first place! If he was a genius he would have worked out the season started in August not December!!!

Jul 6, 2005
Knibbsworth":2g1ow3ot said:
oldage":2g1ow3ot said:

Using your words and logic, who was responsible for the “two disasterous seasons”?

If Adams gets the credit for the turnaround, by the same logic he has to be responsible for causing the aforementioned disasters. There is nobody else to hold accountable.

The Adams fan club are always telling us what a good learner he is yet we had an identical pre-season this year to the one we had last year but with an even worse start to the season which went on for fully 5 months, something which one particularly deluded sycophant described as a “slow” start to this season.

Last year we finally got going in December, this year we had to wait until January.

Yes, Sir Derek really is a genius, particularly with the way he stubbornly left out Lamerias for much of those 5 months yet persisted with Macy and Taffari-Moore.

Don’t get complacent either, we are far from out of the woods this season, we are still looking over our shoulder and Derek Adams teams are known to finish the season poorly, as we saw last year.

May 8, 2011
demportdave":1cwizjqu said:
Knibbsworth":1cwizjqu said:
oldage":1cwizjqu said:

Using your words and logic, who was responsible for the “two disasterous seasons”?

If Adams gets the credit for the turnaround, by the same logic he has to be responsible for causing the aforementioned disasters. There is nobody else to hold accountable.

The Adams fan club are always telling us what a good learner he is yet we had an identical pre-season this year to the one we had last year but with an even worse start to the season which went on for fully 5 months, something which one particularly deluded sycophant described as a “slow” start to this season.

Last year we finally got going in December, this year we had to wait until January.

Yes, Sir Derek really is a genius, particularly with the way he stubbornly left out Lamerias for much of those 5 months yet persisted with Macy and Taffari-Moore.

Don’t get complacent either, we are far from out of the woods this season, we are still looking over our shoulder and Derek Adams teams are known to finish the season poorly, as we saw last year.

Actually the last two preseasons were totally different, the fact you didn’t know does suggest you are making up things to support your point of view.

Bristol Rich":3qyfw8u7 said:
mervyn":3qyfw8u7 said:
Bristol Rich":3qyfw8u7 said:
mervyn":3qyfw8u7 said:
oldage":3qyfw8u7 said:

Abuse?

Yes

Jul 6, 2005
HC Green":2s25lx49 said:
demportdave":2s25lx49 said:
Knibbsworth":2s25lx49 said:
oldage":2s25lx49 said:

Actually the last two preseasons were totally different, the fact you didn’t know does suggest you are making up things to support your point of view.
Swap Yeovil away this year with Cardiff at home last year and they were near identical.

Apr 29, 2016
We win five one and people are still baying for Adam’s head unbelievable and great timing. The very wise Tony Waiters said today that much of what he achieved was through belief and confidence and everyone pulling together from Directors to fans. Expecting Derek to publicly criticise his players and not give positive comments during the losses at the early part of season is ridiculous. Any manager worth their salt would not be critical of their team in public . Look at Solskaer against Jose. As for criticising Derek for not playing Lameiras in the early part of the season I tend to agree when you have a poorly performing defence that is leaking goals Ruben is a bit of a luxury. As the defence started to become more solid Ruben and all his undoubted skills can be accommodated. Ok maybe criticise Adams for his start to the season and I share people’s concern about the pre-season friendlies, but to keep banging the Adams out drum with the points we are picking up and the way we are playing seems pretty counter productive to me. If Tony Waiters was positive with what he saw yesterday and the clubs future it reaffirms my position that Derek is a great fit for our club and should be allowed to get on and concentrate on the job in hand.

May 8, 2011
demportdave":3p2cdr21 said:
HC Green":3p2cdr21 said:
demportdave":3p2cdr21 said:
Knibbsworth":3p2cdr21 said:
oldage":3p2cdr21 said:

Swap Yeovil away this year with Cardiff at home last year and they were near identical.

As we only played Torquay and Parkway in both years to say they were near identical is stretching it a bit.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Cobi Budge":2wxu41hg said:
Find it laughable that people seem to make out Adams intends and wants to start the season poorly, obviously isn't the case. I said at the start of the season, considering our budget & the quality of the league that I'd be happy with mid table, which form wise we are more than on track for.

Yeah I’d agree with that.. when the grandstand is finished and we have a bit more money coming in next season I’d like to think we could have a go at 6th spot tho.

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
philmeboots":1npu8p5l said:
We win five one and people are still baying for Adam’s head unbelievable and great timing. The very wise Tony Waiters said today that much of what he achieved was through belief and confidence and everyone pulling together from Directors to fans. Expecting Derek to publicly criticise his players and not give positive comments during the losses at the early part of season is ridiculous. Any manager worth their salt would not be critical of their team in public . Look at Solskaer against Jose. As for criticising Derek for not playing Lameiras in the early part of the season I tend to agree when you have a poorly performing defence that is leaking goals Ruben is a bit of a luxury. As the defence started to become more solid Ruben and all his undoubted skills can be accommodated. Ok maybe criticise Adams for his start to the season and I share people’s concern about the pre-season friendlies, but to keep banging the Adams out drum with the points we are picking up and the way we are playing seems pretty counter productive to me. If Tony Waiters was positive with what he saw yesterday and the clubs future it reaffirms my position that Derek is a great fit for our club and should be allowed to get on and concentrate on the job in hand.

A balanced post on Pasoti? Well I never. Totally agree with you. I can see why people are frustrated with Adams as he is as stubborn as they come. But overall during his tenure we have improved in every part of the club. It’s a very positive time overall for Argyle; Refurb of the grandstand, an improving quality of squad generally, improving finances, Someone in Hallett that is a fan and is prepared to put a substantial amount of money into the club, improvement within the directors with equal amounts of business and football acumen, improving training facilities and much much more.

I might come across a green tint but there is plenty to be upbeat and dare I say...optimistic about! It’s easy to get bogged down in the down and dirty sometimes and it’s easy to forget where we were at one point not too recently. But things could be a lot lot worse for us right now and I still think we are all lucky to support such a wonderful club.

No humble pie please, much rather a Devon scone with some Roddas.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I don’t get how it can be said that DA has had a disastrous season.. the lowest he’s ever finished in the league with us is 7th I think.. the season is 46 games, not half that.

Aug 5, 2016
I know. It's absolutely ridiculous the expectation on the man's shoulders. If rumours are to be believed we could only offer Mason a fraction of what MK Dons and Mansfield could. Fans say DA moans about his budget but it's only ever to provide some perspective, never to pressure or confront the board. He's here and he's happy. When we needed to keep Bradley could we do it? No. Can we keep Carey and Lameiras this summer? We'll see, but I have doubts. With the Grandstand redevelopment and the training ground investmemt , the whole club is in slow evolution. DA is just happy to be at the steering wheel and developing the club will be his legacy.

I genuinely don't think many managers could handle DA's challenge at Argyle, the whinging fans, the demand for good football, finding players like Bradley and Canavan and Jervis and Carey and Ladapo and Lameiras in smaller clubs' 'free to a good home' bins and watching bigger clubs offer them triple what you can when their contracts expire. And having to find more every summer and wade through months of agony waiting for everyone to find their feet, and read these personal attacks because you can't afford to hold on to your own players. Developing the faciltlies, having to sell players but never able to bid for others, and once again always having to read the negative rubbish about you. What do you realistically think happens if Keith Hill or Graham Coughlan come instead of DA, a top 6 finish with ole football and home grown academy players? The expectations are absurd.