How will you feel Saturday evening? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How will you feel Saturday evening?

Butternubs

Jam First
Nov 4, 2021
Plymouth
I feel a range of pretty intense emotions following Argyle but am able to recognise that they're different from real-world problems. Supporting a football club is an emotive experience and I don't understand those who don't let the highs and lows get to them but each to their own.
Oh im not impervious to those feelings. I leave a ground buzzing after a great Argyle win, just as I leave disappointed if we lose or play badly. I just have a shorter shelf life on feeling that way to some other fans. I've never understood the idea of being down all weekend cos your team lost. I'm down about it for ten minutes, max. Life's too short.

Apr 11, 2023
Have a drink either way (thankfully I've finished dry April) and reflect. Remember the good times (1st half of season) and try not to rue the bad pad parts. Hopefully raise a glass on staying up but if not look forward to League One where we will at least be likely to score and win more!

Reactions: Lancastergreen
Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
Think il be depressed all summer, not just Saturday evening. Saturday feels like getting ready to attend a funeral. Maybe I’m just expecting the worse as part of a coping mechanism 🙏

Reactions: IvyG
Aug 29, 2012
Whilst pretty much resigned to the worse case, I will be gutted if it comes to pass. A pervading reminder that Argyle will never be able to properly compete with giants such as Cardiff and Preston.

And then the new season will start and I will be back on it hoping one day we smash through our ceiling.

If we stay up, elated for few days then prob start worrying about being cannon fodder next season.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Gonna be in a good mood after a 4-0 win. Hardie Penalty followed quickly with a one on one. Second half 65yd Whittaker free kick then Hardie completing his hat trick with a Header from a corner. 👍

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
We been so starved of good football that winning football, becomes good football.

The Leicester game was a great result. Now of a sudden its a good performance.

And yet only a few months ago that same type of performance against Leeds at home was being crucified. The difference being Leicester didn't take their chances, Leeds did.

We say stuff like we didn't have many shots under Foster. Yet it was the same against QPR, Leicester, Stoke & Millwall.

And so whether we stay up or not, l will feel like we been making alot of excuses about our results over the past 5 months. Until we sort out the way we play l feel like we are just short changing ourselves. To not be able to do the basics of defending & passing at Championship level is the reason we are in this situation. Schumacher team had similar issues, he just had a couple of players who added a more clinical edge. It's very small margins.

Come Saturday, the lads will give everything, because they always do, and hopefully we will feel europhic & relieved.

During the build up to Stoke, Millwall & now today for Hull City l keep hearing how training is looking good. Well if it's go good why when we get out the pitch does it look so bad. Its "soundbites". I just look at Argyle & watch them give up possesion or don't do the basic of defending. And often feel its like watching a struggling league one side. Where is the belief instilled in these players from the coaching that they can do the things they try on match days? This goes back to the Ryan Lowe days where it seemed coaching was done by more believing what he was telling you, than making them better players on the grass.

I want us to stay up & will be delighted, but come Saturday evening l will be more interested in the months ahead because that's what will determine our future success. A coach who can build a competent team unit.

Last edited:

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I feel a range of pretty intense emotions following Argyle but am able to recognise that they're different from real-world problems. Supporting a football club is an emotive experience and I don't understand those who don't let the highs and lows get to them but each to their own.
I have the same chat to my Leeds and Wednesday friends, they find it hard to get over a draw or defeat where as I'm like, so what let's move on, it's only a game.
Some people let a sport rule their lives, others just get on with life because, frankly, no ones died.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Win lose stay up relegated won’t really make much difference in the long run. We’ve had far more good times than bad in the last five seasons and I expect it will be the same in the next five.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If we stay up - relief and jubilation.

If we go down - anger and looking for answers to why it all went wrong and thinking our decision makers do actually get things wrong.

Either way I'll be glad when it's all over, ultimately I'll still be watching 10 blokes in green shirts plus a keeper kick a ball around no matter what league we are in.

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
Another long trip back to Essex. 5 Hrs down, 3 hours for the match and 5 hours back. I have learnt to be pragmatic on these journeys. On the way down it is all weh-hey, but on the way back after a loss, it doesn't benefit one's driving for 5 hours whilst crying ... If we stay up .. it will be wey-hey on the way back and me n Mrs S will agree that its been a great season and we watched some brilliant footy and we have visited a few new grounds but if we lose, me n Mrs S will agree that its been a crappy season but what could we expect wot with our playing budget. In any event, we will be buying another season ticket but I would rather see a Leeds or Norwich than a Peterborough or Bolton.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
I'm dreading it. Will feel sick if the worst comes to pass - sick and cheated as even with my green tints removed and with as much honesty as I can muster we really don't deserve it.

Unlike Brum we didn't sack a manager who was doing perfectly well just to install a sexy big name (not that I think Rooney is sexy 😳 ..... but you know what I mean). Unlike Rangers & Wednesday we haven't spent most of the season in the bottom 3 - God forbid we fall into it for the first time at 5pm Saturday (or even 2.30pm!). Unlike the likes of Millwall we haven't played kak 'streetwise' football but for the most part been involved in genuinely enthralling matches. Unlike Stoke we haven't spaffed millions away with nothing to show for it then raided a relegation rival to escape. Unlike the likes of Stoke and Brum we will not be able to buy our way back into the Championship. I honestly think we've been a great addition to the Championship and many neutrals will be sorry if we do go down.

Sure there are whole heap of far, far more important things in life to worry about. Football is not important - Argyle is not important. But among the unimportant things in life it is right at the top of the list. I'm dreading it.

Last edited: