How will you feel Saturday evening? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How will you feel Saturday evening?

Apr 12, 2016
Think I will be fairly relaxed BG as I'm too old to get worked up about us getting relegated. Obviously if we stay up I will be pretty chipper and relieved

After that summer beckons and will park football for a bit

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Stay up and it will be almost as good a feeling as when Callum Wright stooped for his late winning goal at the end of last season. I really want us to learn from this season and to have the opportunity of another crack at this level.
I have gradually prepared for the deflation of relegation over recent weeks as it looked increasingly likely but know I will feel sick for a few days at the prospect of Stockport, Shrewsbury, Stevenage or even Crawley rather than Leeds, Saints and Leicester.
It will pass I'm sure as a new manager and new squad takes shape for a new season and new challenge. Also buoyant season ticket sales and the prospect of more full houses even in League 1 will soften the blow somewhat.
Fingers and everything else will be crossed that we survive however.

Oct 5, 2022
Far more important things in life.

I'll be gutted but summer is coming and a time to relax.

Stockport away first game, you heard it here first! 😉
Anyone know our allocation? Do you think it will make Evergreen or general sale? Will there be a train strike? etc, etc, business as usual.

Reactions: Belfast Green

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
The joy or despair will fade quickly, as there are more important things in life. I will start looking up the cricket fixtures around northern Ireland and do some planning.

Graham Green

✨Pasoti Donor✨
May 26, 2010
Swindon
As with a lot of folk I'm almost resigned to the drop which statistically is not as likely as Brum. It's just the last part of the season that has dented confidence. I hope those who are lucky enough to be there put aside any negativity they feel and transmit as much positive noise as possible.
I will be delighted if we stay up just to give us a chance to stabilise with the new boss and the money deal.
Last game jitters on the pitch? MK Dons revisited or get the job done? Either way, fair bet I will be in the pub later. At least my Swindon supporting mates have nothing to crow about.

Said old Green

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jan 3, 2023
Probably relief that the season is over whichever way it goes.

I've not enjoyed the season it has been a struggle and a grind especially since Schumacher left.

Even if we stay up I can only forsee more of the same next season

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Too long in the tooth now to worry about a football result.

I shall be happy if we win, and stay up obviously but, should the unthinkable happen...I'll go to bed, wake up on Sunday morning, take a breath, have breakfast, mow the lawn, wash the car and cook a Sunday roast.

Life will go on, as usual.

May 5, 2023
I’m actually really looking forward to the drama unfolding in Saturday. For me it’s what sport is all about and why I particularly love football.

Supported Argyle for 50 years and I’ll never forget the promotions, near promotions, play off games, relegations and bottom of the table tussles in last few games of the season. These have all been few and far between but I remember them all - and have forgotten the 35 plus seasons of mediocrity.

That’s why I am looking forward to Saturday. Sure I will be disappointed if we go down. But it won’t effect me and I’ll look forward to next season.

Either way, I will always remember this Saturday.

Jun 27, 2019
It's called having different life priorities.

I feel a range of pretty intense emotions following Argyle but am able to recognise that they're different from real-world problems. Supporting a football club is an emotive experience and I don't understand those who don't let the highs and lows get to them but each to their own.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
As a couple of people have said, for some reason I’m just extra emotionally invested in this Argyle era and really thought it was the start of something special… perhaps even Brentford/Swansea/Bournemouth level of special. The first time in my lifetime I’ve heard people talk about us as a properly good football team and club, and seeing us go toe to toe with genuinely big clubs has been amazing.

So yeah, a gut punch to go down straight away but I have accepted it in my head. Pure relief and feeling like promotion if we actually stay up.