How will you feel Saturday evening? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How will you feel Saturday evening?

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
If we go down the inevitable bitter regret of that injury time equaliser from Coventry or the injury time goal from Stansfield at Birmingham. The red card that wasn’t given at Ipswich and possible penalty. The disallowed goal at Southampton that turned the game. The ball out of play at Coventry for their winner. They say these things even themselves out over a season but it doesn’t feel that way. If we win none of the above will matter. Perhaps we’re destined for an outrageous stroke of good luck on Saturday? Or yet another wet kipper in the face to top it off? It’s a cliffhanger.

May 5, 2023
I hope I don’t feel like Emenim when the final whistle blows….

His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti

He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready

to drops bombs, but he keeps on forgetting

what he wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud

He opens his mouth but the words won't come out

He's chokin, how? Everybody's jokin now

The clock's run out, time's up, over

Reactions: Shades of Green
Apr 16, 2016
But I'd never swap it for following a 'successful' club.
It's all relative maybe -even the ' big' clubs have massive ups and downs - City in the third tier and United Arsenal & Liverpool all had / have their 20 year waits for a league title.
Obviously what we define as success is a bit different and our hopes dreams and expectations follow on accordingly - but I get what you'm on about.

Apr 16, 2016
If we go down? Completely devastated.

To the people looking at the positives of relegation or saying their mood won't be effected by us going down... i could live to be a thousand and not understand either sentiment.
Maybe it's a coping mechanism ! I've got it in my head that I won't be completely devastated and we can bounce back up ... then reality kicks in and I see how long it's taken us to ' bounce' back historically.

Reactions: Mark58
Jun 27, 2019
Maybe it's a coping mechanism ! I've got it in my head that I won't be completely devastated and we can bounce back up ... then reality kicks in and I see how long it's taken us to ' bounce' back historically.
Yeah exactly. It'll also be the first time in our history we'll have been relegated from the second tier after just one season back. I'll be having a full-on existential crisis!

Greenarmy96

Cream First
Oct 5, 2021
Perth
Yeah exactly. It'll also be the first time in our history we'll have been relegated from the second tier after just one season back. I'll be having a full-on existential crisis!
What’s the statistics on us surviving the first season then going on to get promoted to the top tier? New to this Argyle thing and would like to know.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I’ll be going out for a meal with friends straight after the game. Will be gutted or happy, but I try not to let it affect my mood as much as it used to.

I had a great day out in Stoke despite the result likewise last weekend. I just hope we can do it.

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
I dont get that interested in international football so a proper break, whichever way it goes will be required.

Fortunately my "other love" away from football is professional cycling, I just love it. So all the big events kick in from now, that focuses my mind though its nothing like football and the level of emotional investment/attachment I feel, and that for me is welcome

If it happens I just feel this one may take me longer to get over, yes its a game blah blah, but to experienced it this season will make it unbelievably hard to have it taken away.

I dont want to go back to Shrewsbury etc. I just dont.

However, when the reality sets in - if it does - and we go down then we'll all get back on the horse and be ready to ride come the start of the season. We're all the same in that regard! A new manager and the sense around it being another new start/clean slate will help with that, whichever way it goes.

Regards,
Anxious of Godalming, Surrey

Mar 24, 2019
I’ll grieve for about a week, then I’ll get over it and start looking forward to the new management arrival, the summer transfer window and the excitement of another possible promotion season

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I’ll be going out for a meal with friends straight after the game. Will be gutted or happy, but I try not to let it affect my mood as much as it used to.

I had a great day out in Stoke despite the result likewise last weekend. I just hope we can do it.

This is the way. I always make a weekend of it especially for away games, it makes all the difference having something non-football related to look forward to if the result goes the wrong way.

Oct 23, 2013
Hard to tell. Disappointed for sure but there are indeed more important things in life. From day one I thought relegation was a 50/50 chance this season so hopefully it won't cut too deep.

If we go down it will be a shame to miss seeing whether we can step up to the challenge of the second season. Probably harder next year in many ways but with a manager in place, possibly more transfer funds from new investment or player sales etc (and without repeating this season's lowlights of being stabbed in the back, followed by shooting ourselves in the foot) who knows we may extend our stay further.

Short term you can buck the trend but longer term the club needs to grow it's resources. Every year we stay up is a bonus and hopefully SH can make progress re securing the right type of investment.

I appreciate that when you are a season ticket holder attending games regularly you get more invested and so maybe I am in the lucky position of being a bit insulated against the pain of relegation if it happens. Hopefully instead of benefiting from this I will be feeling envy at the full blown joy of those able to be at Home Park when we stay up.