How are we going to score enough | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How are we going to score enough

Jul 4, 2008
newton abbot
l think we need another creative midfielder for competition for Azaz & Mayor. We need somebody who is a goal threat.

Whittaker we need to be patient with. I’m wondering how many times he played a no10
Agree. A Frio type player. Trouble is where from. Still feel we need to trust in Schuey and show patience with the team and system.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
l think we need another creative midfielder for competition for Azaz & Mayor. We need somebody who is a goal threat.

Whittaker we need to be patient with. I’m wondering how many times he played a no10 role.
You think we need 3 creative midfielders in a league 1 side? Azaz scored in 1 of the 2 league games and created in the cup game. Let’s all chill out a bit huh?

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
You think we need 3 creative midfielders in a league 1 side? Azaz scored in 1 of the 2 league games and created in the cup game. Let’s all chill out a bit huh?

Last night we had Whittaker and Jephcott starting as our number 10’s.

When Azaz come on last night that extra quality in the final 3rd helped us.

Tbh, l am pretty chilled. l love the formation. I’m realistic about our results. I’m very excited about the season even though l don’t think we will get near the playoffs.

Everyone is calling for another forward. I just think as we are playing with two 10’s and only one forward that’s where l would strengthen.

Oct 5, 2013
Convince me the defence before Lowe changed it was anything but rubbish looking at the goals conceded.Similarly how can you call a player a striker if he rarely scores e.g. Ennis and now Jephcott, too early to judge Whittaker.
I can’t convince you of anything
unless you are open to changing your mind. While you continue to think of your personal views as “facts”, I don’t think a meaningful discussion can take place.

Reactions: Mark Pedlar
Aug 6, 2022
We were flat-track bullies last season - we had no problem scoring plenty against the lesser lights of the division.

Our problem came when we had to face the strong teams. We scored 0 against Rotherham, 0 against Wycombe and 1 against both MK Dons and Sunderland. We did manage 1 in both games against Wigan but it was still only enough for a single point. The home game against Sheff Weds was an outlier when they were still getting their act together, and the away game was stupidly open with us scoring twice but conceding four.

I think the new formation is designed to restrict the goals against in those games and try and nick a 1-0. Trouble is, we're deploying it against everyone (even Yeovil), despite Schuey saying they'd only use it when we needed to be more secure behind the ball against the better teams.

Unless he sees Barnsley, Fleetwood and Peterborough in the Carabao as serious threats then something has changed since he said that.
Fair enough - there's an argument to be had about scoring against the top teams, but there's nothing to suggest we had issues scoring goals in general, which was what I was referring to. Admittedly, you would like a few extra goals against the top sides compared to last season.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
The commentators tonight said we could have scored 5 or 6, but coulda, woulda, shoulda dont count because we didnta.

It`s not the chances you make but the chances you take that win games.

Reactions: Quintrell Green

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Convince me the defence before Lowe changed it was anything but rubbish looking at the goals conceded.Similarly how can you call a player a striker if he rarely scores e.g. Ennis and now Jephcott, too early to judge Whittaker.

Wasn’t that to replace Watts, Okopu, Aimson, Sam Woods & Adam Lewis.

With a CDM of Fornah covering them.

All his own signings. So it was his rubbish signings that created that mess in the first place.

What makes it worse, the one decent CB in there was Aimson,. He lets them go and Bolton pick up.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Last night we had Whittaker and Jephcott starting as our number 10’s.

When Azaz come on last night that extra quality in the final 3rd helped us.

Tbh, l am pretty chilled. l love the formation. I’m realistic about our results. I’m very excited about the season even though l don’t think we will get near the playoffs.

Everyone is calling for another forward. I just think as we are playing with two 10’s and only one forward that’s where l would strengthen.
You're very excited about the formation and the season even though you don't think we'll get near the playoffs coming off the back of a season we ended one place outside the playoffs and haven't lost one of last season's starting line up (barring potentially Camara)?????🤯🤯🤯
If we're not going to get near the playoffs why bother strengthening with another number 10? So we can finish 12th instead of 13th?!
What a perplexing post.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
You're very excited about the formation and the season even though you don't think we'll get near the playoffs coming off the back of a season we ended one place outside the playoffs and haven't lost one of last season's starting line up (barring potentially Camara)?????🤯🤯🤯
If we're not going to get near the playoffs why bother strengthening with another number 10? So we can finish 12th instead of 13th?!
What a perplexing post.

Yes, lm very excited about seeing a new formation after 3 years only seeing one formation which was 3-1-4-2.

l’m excited because last few seasons l’ve seen the better teams and the more physical teams eg Wycombe constantly beat us with ease.

Ive seen us go away to Sunderland, Ipswich, Wigan, Rotherham, Sheffield Wednesday and be either battered by these sides or not look like we are going to score. Or both.

So l’m excited that we have a different option. Whether that option works only time will tell.

However, lm excited more by the offield situation. Unlike most where they are looking at the championship l‘m looking at league one and actually trying to become established as a top side in this league first. A walk before we can run scenario. We can only compete better with teams in this league by improving off the field. Which should help us on the field.

I said before the season started there would no doubt be teething problems with a new system. And most fans can see that there is. I’m pretty relaxed about it because we won’t know if this system can make us better for another few months. People on here seem to think 8 weeks training with a new system and everything clicks.

As for strengthening l’ve not been calling for it. But as the discussion was raised about a new forward l said seeing we are playing one forward and two attack8ng midfielders then ld rather have another option there.

Why on earth should we be near the playoffs? You have Ipswich, Derby, Bolton, Peterborough, Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth etc…. we two, three or even four times our budget.

Im just being realistic and positive. If you can be.

Last season we were very fortunate to get 80 points. Even our chairman said the results weren’t convincing. So if you don’t want to take my word ask yourself why even he said this. And he is a very reasonable person. I just don’t think we have the quality in depth. Look at Sheffield Wednesday for example. They took two of Rotherham’s best players after being promoted.

Other teams spend more than us. For example Ipswich, Portsmouth & Bolton. They finished lower than us last season. That’s why l don’t think we will get in the playoffs as over 46 games their squad will be stronger.

Last edited:

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Lets see where we are after 10 to 15 games- the jury may still be out

As they say the proof of the pudding his in the eating

Will Schuey adapt if what he is envisaging with the players at his disposal does not come to fruition

Learning something new always takes time to adjust to - maybe the players are just having teething problems & maybe the next game will be where it clicks

I guess we will find out on Saturday

Reactions: Since I Was 33
Jul 11, 2022
we should have signed a proper striker not us whitiker a winger as one and jephcott as a cam wtf are we doing with this "bigger budget" can't have all gone on the big tv and new seats.

Dim janners love shiny things but bloody hell.

Jul 12, 2016
I can’t convince you of anything
unless you are open to changing your mind. While you continue to think of your personal views as “facts”, I don’t think a meaningful discussion can take place.
I am open to changing my mind if you are prepared to offer facts to counter my opinion.

Jul 12, 2016
Wasn’t that to replace Watts, Okopu, Aimson, Sam Woods & Adam Lewis.

With a CDM of Fornah covering them.

All his own signings. So it was his rubbish signings that created that mess in the first place.

What makes it worse, the one decent CB in there was Aimson,. He lets them go and Bolton pick up.
At least you acknowledge they were rubbish. That’s two of us !