How are we going to score enough | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How are we going to score enough

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Interesting from Fleetwood perspective.

Harrison hasn't been there long. Seen Fleetwood linked with Stockton not clear if that means that move might happen - would have thought he may have had other options.

If they get Stockton then it looks like Fleetwood are having a go this season.

Jul 12, 2016
Following defeat to Peterborough tonight, we seemed to have hit a barren spell for goals.

Last 10 games.
21/22
Ipswich a 0-1
Oxford h 1-0
Burton a 0-0
Wycombe a 0-2
Sunderland h 0-0
Wigan a 1-1
MK 0-5

22/23
Barnsley 1-0
Fleetwood 1-2
Posh (cup) 0-2

Just 4 goals. One of which was a penalty.

We were quite free scoring previously, 4 at Crewe and Accrington home and away, plus three at Doncaster and Fleetwood (21/22).

We have tried tweaking the formation, but without much success to date.

Why have the goals dried up?
Because we haven’t got the players. Lowe went months before finally realising our defence was rubbish and doing something about it. Could be Schuey will realise the same with our so-called strikers. Hardie is the only one capable of scoring on a regular basis but he can’t do it all alone.

Apr 1, 2009
Hardie and Jephcott is a partnership that works and we have the stats to prove it (32 goals between them last season), but the manager appears to have completely abandoned it this season - which at present surprises me a lot. Hardie also clearly has a good understanding with Jephers and plays best with him on the pitch, so not playing Jephers has a double negative effect (despite what his detractors say). I hope it’s not that the manager is holding his misses against MK Dons against him.....
He's abandoned the combination, I imagine, because he wants to play with one main striker with two in support, and neither of these two are natural in the support roles. So it's the system he has abandoned (for the moment, as I'm sure we will see it on occasions) rather than the combination.

I'd be very surprised if any manager held one bad day against a player. However, if your main strength is finishing (as many would say it is in the case of LJ), you can't afford too many bad days in front of goal.

Reactions: philevs
Oct 5, 2013
Because we haven’t got the players. Lowe went months before finally realising our defence was rubbish and doing something about it. Could be Schuey will realise the same with our so-called strikers. Hardie is the only one capable of scoring on a regular basis but he can’t do it all alone.
When you use language such as “rubbish” and “so-called” (strikers), what is your purpose, may I ask?

Reactions: Belfast Green
Aug 8, 2014
I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong. We created a lot of chances in both home games. Yes we didn't finish them but at least we're getting in those positions regularly, which is promising. I'm sure the forwards will find their shooting boots before long.
Agree but if jephcott and Whittaker are looked at as plan b and supposed to be creative number 10s I think we will struggle to create, these guys are strikers and not comfortable in these areas

TBP

Feb 28, 2022
I think there's a bit of an overreaction going on here in some of these posts. We're 2 league games in and have 3 points. 44 games to go. A bit early to start worrying about a relegation battle. If we're on 10 points or fewer after 10 games I might think differently.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think there's a bit of an overreaction going on here in some of these posts. We're 2 league games in and have 3 points. 44 games to go. A bit early to start worrying about a relegation battle. If we're on 10 points or fewer after 10 games I might think differently.
Not overreacting. Reacting to what’s in front of us after 3 games.

Reactions: IPA and oldage
Jul 12, 2016
When you use language such as “rubbish” and “so-called” (strikers), what is your purpose, may I ask?
Just to repeat our defence WAS rubbish and I say so called strikers because they hardly score. Nothing to get wound up about just facts.

Oct 5, 2013
Just to repeat our defence WAS rubbish and I say so called strikers because they hardly score. Nothing to get wound up about just facts.
What you are referring to are events or occurrences as you perceive them to be. Facts are things that are generally accepted as being true, such as the distance of the moon from the Earth (although even that changes!). What you are talking about are in fact your personal interpretations, or views, of certain events.
Do you agree?

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Agree but if jephcott and Whittaker are looked at as plan b and supposed to be creative number 10s I think we will struggle to create, these guys are strikers and not comfortable in these areas

l think we need another creative midfielder for competition for Azaz & Mayor. We need somebody who is a goal threat.

Whittaker we need to be patient with. I’m wondering how many times he played a no10 role.

Oct 5, 2013
Also, I had asked you what your purpose was in using language such as “rubbish” and “so-called”. If it was to point out certain facts like you say, then you have failed, because these are not “facts” they are your personal views.
Or do you have another purpose? Perhaps you’d like to give an answer so that I can understand where you are coming from.

Jul 12, 2016
What you are referring to are events or occurrences as you perceive them to be. Facts are things that are generally accepted as being true. What you are talking about are in fact your personal interpretations, or views, of certain events.
Do you agree?
Convince me the defence before Lowe changed it was anything but rubbish looking at the goals conceded.Similarly how can you call a player a striker if he rarely scores e.g. Ennis and now Jephcott, too early to judge Whittaker.