Graham Carey (signs for CSKA Sofia - confirmed) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey (signs for CSKA Sofia - confirmed)

Jun 24, 2008
This would be awful news and really ruin the excitement of a new manager. Carey is our talisman.

May 7, 2019
It does seem like an odd choice but we must assume that the wages would be much better at a club with European football?

It kind of makes a mockery of moving your family from Greater Manchester to Devon? Not sure it's an easy commute to the Balkans?

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
macleanie":1bpfqkfh said:
This would be awful news and really ruin the excitement of a new manager. Carey is our talisman.
Talismen come and go. There'll soon be another.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Nixon also tweeted that Nicky Adams would end up at Salford or Argyle. Ten minutes later his signing for Northampton was announced. :greensmile:

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Reality check time people.
Relegation generally means losing your best talents.
Relegation plus out of contract players means definitely losing your best talents.
As I said before the new manager will have a hell of a task trying to rebuild the absolute mess the last guy left. We can only hope that Ryan Lowe can tempt suitable replacements to follow him. As callous and cutthroat as it sounds that does probably mean ransacking Bury's squad. It's whether those players will prefer to follow RL back down a division or wait for offers from higher division clubs nearer to home (you know, like Rochdale or Accrington)
I for one won't be expecting miracles next season because before he can put his attacking stamp on the team RL will have a heck of a lot of stabilisation to do. Plymouth Argyle post Adams could be a poisoned chalice with the mountain of remedial work required on the squad and general mentality of the club, so I'm pleasantly suprised that a manager with RLs current credentials was willing to take up the challenge.
On a positive note I've always fancied the Sofia derby and GC would go with my blessing. There have been times when he's single handedly kept his manager in a job. The chance to experience European football I would imagine is very tempting and in all honesty if there was a way of finding work outside of the UK right now I'd take it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'd be totally amazed if this is true.

Ruben is off to Charlton though, won't be long before this is confirmed. :thumbdown:

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
I hope it's absolutely p*ssing down with rain, the flight is delayed for 10 hours, they lose his luggage, and the hotel is dive that is double booked with a convention of anti-immigrant far-right nut jobs. .

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Henry Armstrong claims to be a journalist for the Daily Mirror although there's no online articles that he's written. He's also new to Twitter with only a handful of followers and he's posted no links to articles at the Daily Mirror.

He just might be a fake.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
I asked Nixon on twitter, if any truth in Carey having a medical at CSKA SOFIA.

He answered.

Went for a look, Don't know if he had a medical.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Strange one, i see that Tony Watt (ex Celtic) is there too - do they share an agent?

Would be sad to see him go, but he has to earn every £ or Lev that he can for his family. If he gets a good deal over there, fair play to him. He will get European football and you would assume exposure to some better quality players. Will be interesting to see how he fits in.

But Nixon seems to tweet so much that some of it has to be right but he often bats back tweets with non-committal responses.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
plymouthboyuk":1si7xs2m said:
I asked Nixon on twitter, if any truth in Carey having a medical at CSKA SOFIA.

He answered.

Went for a look, Don't know if he had a medical.

Is there some confusion here?:

Just to clarify I watched the same video- she meant she couldn’t be bothered to move because she was on a sofa.
:crazy:

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
edmonds200":2dt5nk42 said:
The only way we would ever keep hold of carey and songo was if we had kept the previous manager - end of.

So they'll both be joining Adams' next club then?
If what you say is the case then it's a very small price to pay