Graham Carey (signs for CSKA Sofia - confirmed) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey (signs for CSKA Sofia - confirmed)

Oct 31, 2015
Justin":1thgmuye said:
rsp4":1thgmuye said:
I really don't get the panic from Argyle fans worrying about Rubes and GC10.

Our squad of chimps got us relegated last season ( 2 relegations in 3 seasons for Rubes) after 2 X disastrous runs of football. DA has left the squad in a worse position than when he took over from Sheridan so whoever comes in will need to build a spine, defence, midfield, attack and a squad. DA only had to tweak in the 1st season.

Let them go, the new manager will have his own ideas :thumbs:

Ignorant post.

How is the squad in a worse position than Sheridan left it?

In answer to your post

Because it is spineless, in more ways than one! The squad Adams inherited from Sheridan included Luke, Hartley, Nelse, Mellor, McHugh, Reid and Brunt which meant we had a real strength right down the middle of the team. Whoever takes over now has a very limited spine to work with, there's no keeper of note, no centre half fit for purpose, you could make an argument for Fox and Yann in midfield but Foxy is another year older now and then Ladapo up top. Adams inherited some strong foundations, the new manager this time frankly inherits a disjointed and average (at best) squad.

Yep I have copied this word for word because in my humble opinion it is correct.

Not ignorant at all it truly how I feel about last seasons squad.
That squad would not have made the playoffs in lg2 unlike Sheridan's because they were not good enough and didn't want it.

Look I think it was you who ploughed a lonely furrow about our loan keeper last season. Your positivity is commendable but boy smell the roses.

I was one of the few that was happy to take relegation to get rid of DA and I look forward to a new man building a squad and youth set up we can at least enjoy.

GC10 on his day is the best player we have seen since the Championship days but he is one of the squad that curled up their toes , rolled up in a ball and sucked their thumbs.

Unforgivable :facepalm:

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
According to Journalist Alan Nixon, who has been at the forefront of the Lowe news, a Bulgarian club are after Graham Carey. Further details to be published via South West Sports News later.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Mar 16, 2009
London
rsp4":jz3697s4 said:
Justin":jz3697s4 said:
rsp4":jz3697s4 said:

Our squad of chimps got us relegated last season ( 2 relegations in 3 seasons for Rubes) after 2 X disastrous runs of football. DA has left the squad in a worse position than when he took over from Sheridan so whoever comes in will need to build a spine, defence, midfield, attack and a squad. DA only had to tweak in the 1st season.

Ignorant post.

In answer to your post

Because it is spineless, in more ways than one! The squad Adams inherited from Sheridan included Luke, Hartley, Nelse, Mellor, McHugh, Reid and Brunt which meant we had a real strength right down the middle of the team. Whoever takes over now has a very limited spine to work with, there's no keeper of note, no centre half fit for purpose, you could make an argument for Fox and Yann in midfield but Foxy is another year older now and then Ladapo up top. Adams inherited some strong foundations, the new manager this time frankly inherits a disjointed and average (at best) squad.

Yep I have copied this word for word because in my humble opinion it is correct.

That squad would not have made the playoffs in lg2 unlike Sheridan's because they were not good enough and didn't want it.

Look I think it was you who ploughed a lonely furrow about our loan keeper last season. Your positivity is commendable but boy smell the roses.

I was one of the few that was happy to take relegation to get rid of DA and I look forward to a new man building a squad and youth set up we can at least enjoy.

GC10 on his day is the best player we have seen since the Championship days but he is one of the squad that curled up their toes , rolled up in a ball and sucked their thumbs.

It’s a total rewrite of history to claim Sheridan’s squad was so good. It was only good enough to finish 7th (?) in the bottom tier, and fail in the play offs.

McHugh was decidedly average until converted by Adams into a better suited role.

Brunt and Reid??? Better options then Lapado and Taylor? Are you serious?

Luke wasn’t good enough for League One.

Nelson came through our system.

Mellor was average L2.
Where did his team end up last season?

We are in a relatively healthy position now with lots to look forward to, and some real quality on the books.

You might despise Adams but 3 out of the 4 seasons were successful - 2 remarkably so.

Oct 31, 2015
Justin":feu9jg9b said:
rsp4":feu9jg9b said:
Justin":feu9jg9b said:
rsp4":feu9jg9b said:

Ignorant post.

In answer to your post

It’s a total rewrite of history to claim Sheridan’s squad was so good. It was only good enough to finish 7th (?) in the bottom tier, and fail in the play offs.

McHugh was decidedly average until converted by Adams into a better suited role.

Mellor was average L2.

We are in a relatively healthy position now with lots to look forward to, and some real quality on the books.

You might despise Adams but 3 out of the 4 seasons were successful - 2 remarkably so.

Firstly don't put words in my mouth. I have never said I despise DA. I don't know the bloke. I met him twice and chatted to him but to say despise is too strong. I didn't like his style and felt it was set up to fail as some others did.

McCormick was better than anything we have had since permanently. I think Cooper will be better but DA never played him. So we were in a better position back then with a Keeper who had plied his trade and knew his stuff.

Hartley and Nelson were leaps and bounds better than any CB pairing we saw last season or that's been left behind by DA.

McHue was better in holding midfield than anything we had last season and was already at the club. DA didn't have to sign him.

Brunty in his purple spell before that terrible injury was much better than Taylor. Reid and Ladapo are at the different end of their careers but admit both could find the goal.

Mellor has his critics but are you telling me that any of the RBs at the club now are better? Nope their not.

As to seasons of success then I will come back at you the great DA failed in the play offs the same as Sheridan. One really successful promotion which personally I felt a bit meh about due to our capitulation to Pompey. The 1st season in league 1 was a disaster for 3 months then really good for 3 months then meh again at the end so not highly successful but satisfactory.

Look you and I will never agree on this so let's put this thread back track

Bye GC10 and thanks for the memories.

Sep 6, 2006
Justin":1do7kmjy said:
rsp4":1do7kmjy said:
Justin":1do7kmjy said:
rsp4":1do7kmjy said:

Ignorant post.

In answer to your post

Mellor was average L2.

Out of curiosity Justin where do you think the 'real quality' is apart from Ladapo who you rate more highly than most anyway?

Jul 17, 2011
sorry i am just trying to get my head around this.

GC10 has been with us for 4 years now i think it is? in that time he has been the best player by a mile. the most influential, the most loved, best commercial sell, hard working player we have. And yet still people seem to think its a good idea to wave him good bye because we went down last year?

get a grip people, remeber the time we had Trotman, Boco, cowan hall, makasi ect ect....

please be careful what you wish for, because i promise you GC is one of the best players we will see at our club for a very long time!

Jul 18, 2018
If just a few players sign their offered extensions (excluding Reuben and Carey) then our squad is much stronger than the one Adams inherited. Deluded.

Jul 18, 2018
Justin":3uf2ml7r said:
rsp4":3uf2ml7r said:
Justin":3uf2ml7r said:
rsp4":3uf2ml7r said:

Ignorant post.

In answer to your post

Mellor was average L2.

Completely agree.

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
:clap: completely agree
driscollberg":26e7tid6 said:
sorry i am just trying to get my head around this.

GC10 has been with us for 4 years now i think it is? in that time he has been the best player by a mile. the most influential, the most loved, best commercial sell, hard working player we have. And yet still people seem to think its a good idea to wave him good bye because we went down last year?

get a grip people, remeber the time we had Trotman, Boco, cowan hall, makasi ect ect....

please be careful what you wish for, because i promise you GC is one of the best players we will see at our club for a very long time!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
If (our new manager, WOOOOHOOOO) Ryan Lowe can convince Graham to stay, we could be in for one hell of an entertaining season. The best attacking player in the league, under the most attacking manager.

Come on GC, you could have the best season of your life next year playing for a manager who'll give you carte blanche to attack and in front of a packed new grandstand.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I’m relaxed.

If he goes then we’ve lost a very good player but ultimately he doesn’t want to be here. That’s a tough choice for him given his age now and last real chance for a decent contract.

I’d want him to be here or the right reasons. If he stays brilliant. If not then all the very best to him.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008