Graham Carey (signs for CSKA Sofia - confirmed) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey (signs for CSKA Sofia - confirmed)

Apr 6, 2009
I could not see him moving to Bulgaria

he does so much with his family I can't imagine he would leave them and I can see them going. his son starts school in September and his wife gets home sick here let alone in another country. there's always rumours but this one I really can't see happening at all

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mmmmm, I take it back. There is truth in this one.

Looks like we may be losing GC10. :thumbdown:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
driscollberg":2sfyxx3b said:
sorry i am just trying to get my head around this.

GC10 has been with us for 4 years now i think it is? in that time he has been the best player by a mile. the most influential, the most loved, best commercial sell, hard working player we have. And yet still people seem to think its a good idea to wave him good bye because we went down last year?

get a grip people, remeber the time we had Trotman, Boco, cowan hall, makasi ect ect....

please be careful what you wish for, because i promise you GC is one of the best players we will see at our club for a very long time!

Totally agree.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think in this case I’d offer GC a decent length contract at least 2 years .. maybe that would entice him to stay.?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
JannerinCardiff":jglybnbc said:
I think in this case I’d offer GC a decent length contract at least 2 years .. and also the captaincy maybe that would entice him to stay.?

Let's face it, we were privileged to have GC in L1, and he was the standard of player to take us up to the next level. Now we have gone down, there's not a hope in hells chance he'll stay. I'll miss his work rate, skills and goals, but you can't blame him for getting the best deal available for him and his family.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Carey leaving would spoil my Summer.

Oct 16, 2016
If he’s out of contract he is entitled to do the very best for himself, given his age, and the fact his stock is still quite high, this next contract is the most important of his professional life. League two football for him seems simply unacceptable to me right now

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Shankster":12pgv50c said:
If he’s out of contract he is entitled to do the very best for himself, given his age, and the fact his stock is still quite high, this next contract is the most important of his professional life. League two football for him seems simply unacceptable to me right now

Surely the best deal for him would be a decent length contract at suitable wages? If he went to CSKA Sofia say on a two year contract he may find that he doesn’t feature in their first team. At least with us he doesn’t have to uproot and can guarantee that he’ll be playing every week. Same thing happened to Oscar.. grass isn’t always greener..

Mar 21, 2006
Over on PAFC Facebook page, a post from Victor Head - he's usually pretty reliable imho

Graham Carey

I do not like to pester players when they are out with their families, but this morning being run over by a little girl driving a car in a shop, I had a word with her father. The good news is he is still here and a chance he might be staying. On Adams dismissal, that's football he said.

Oct 16, 2016
From his perspective there’s absolutely no place for sentiment, the only aspect that does and will have some sway is the suggestion that his family is settled in Plymouth. Still doesn’t detract from the fact he’s 30 and this next contract would need to be fairly long and absolutely as lucrative as he can attain

Oct 31, 2015
Would like GC10 to stay but this contract is probably his most important for him and his family due to his age.

I probably go against the masses when I say I don't think he is championship standard, he definitely wasn't last season.

Maybe RL will pursuade GC10 he is pivotal to his plans playing him correctly but I just don't see it. I suspect RL has his own plan.

Graham Clark

✅ Evergreen
Nov 18, 2018
I was struck by James Brent’s comments about Simon Hallett reported in the Herald today.

“I look at it that if you want to spend more money you had better earn more money. I think Simon is more moderate on that. That probably provides for a more exciting football experience going forward, and one that I look forward to enjoying.”

If ever there was an opportunity to demonstrate this the re-signing of Graham Carey would be exactly that. For three of the last four seasons he has been our talisman and has provided Argyle fans with some unparalleled and unforgettable moments.

Last season the constant chopping and changing other tactics and formations meant he was unable, for the most part to attain the levels and consistency of previous seasons. His on pitch frustration was evident and his over compensation often meant his special skills were rarely profitable for the team.

If all we hear is true about Ryan Lowe you can see how Graham could be pivotal, perhaps with a free role, in implementing his forward thinking and higher press team strategy. I would reward him with a two year contract and the captaincy. Many would be vey happy with that.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Problem is, his In Laws have a holiday property out there, and they adore Bulgaria apparently.

It IS all about money, but not a bad gig if you get an offer to play where you've spent many happy a time.

However, it's a very important time in his kiddies life, and if Argyle have offered enough the draw may still be stability rather than pie in the sky permanent holiday mode.

It's one only Graham and his Mrs can make.

C

Cult Of Personality

He goes he goes. Great player but at some point they all leave. Just means we look forward to the next Great Argyle player