Graham Carey (signs for CSKA Sofia - confirmed) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey (signs for CSKA Sofia - confirmed)

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
up_the_line":3rnzwfio said:
edmonds200":3rnzwfio said:
The only way we would ever keep hold of carey and songo was if we had kept the previous manager - end of.

So they'll both be joining Adams' next club then?
If what you say is the case then it's a very small price to pay

Time will tell - if we are struggling next season lets see how many are moaning as we would have almost certainly gone up with previous manager at the helm based on his previous season in League 2

Jul 29, 2010
macleanie":ybgu7wfr said:
This would be awful news and really ruin the excitement of a new manager. Carey is our talisman.
He is also however, by far, our biggest wage earner.

I too would love to keep him. If RL's system indeed gives free reign to two #10's he could rip up the goal/assist records next season.

Having championed the possibility of him staying two years ago when the vast majority were convinced he was off I was let into the story of the efforts made by Argyle to keep him here. I didn't share it because I am very discreet, plus you don't get trusted with things in future if you blab things in the present. I won't share the numbers now either but suffice to say Argyle REALLY pushed the boat out to secure our talisman then.

He is now two years older. He'll be no less effective at L2 level but decisions on matching or it may even take increasing his wages should not be taken as a given.

Unlikely, but the new boss may not even want him, that has to be considered. But in simple terms RL has a budget and must tailor his cloth, and if GC10 moves on he will have a massive amount more cloth. I am speculating here but he could possibly get two, maybe three targets for the price of one Carey, he really was/is looked after.

We are fans, we want our cake and we want to eat it. But this time, in this current situation, two years on, I can see the logic in taking a pragmatic stance for the greater good.

If he stays, great, he's a legend here. If he goes though he will go with our enduring love and best wishes but it gives more opportunity for future legends to be brought in.

If a medical is correct then those negotiations are well advanced, this means it will be of no surprise to anyone at Argyle that he is leaving and our targets will have been identified already.

Stay or go, either is good to me. What won't happen is him staying on a humongously reduced wage because this is his last big contract.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
edmonds200":17nm5kdj said:
up_the_line":17nm5kdj said:
edmonds200":17nm5kdj said:
The only way we would ever keep hold of carey and songo was if we had kept the previous manager - end of.

Time will tell - if we are struggling next season lets see how many are moaning as we would have almost certainly gone up with previous manager at the helm based on his previous season in League 2

I won't be moaning
I half expect us to struggle, because of the state Adams has left the club in.
Mid table in RLs first season would be a realistic aim given the upheaval Adams has left Lowe to deal with. I would think the budget will also have been reduced somewhat to account for some of the duffers Adams brought in (particularly the very poor centre backs who will still be eating into the wage bill next season) as well as a reduction in gates at a lower level. Unless Simon Hallett breaks with his 'sustainability' mantra of course.
As for almost certainly gone up... Not sure what you base that on, Adams totally cocked up season 1 where he completely fluffed the play offs with a club who'd reached basically the same conclusion the previous season and arguably the squad we now have is actually massively inferior to the one that went up (second in season 2), particularly from a defensive point of view

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
A good friend of GC10 left us for CSKA Sofia (Cillian Sheridan) - they were Republic U21 and celtic team mates who I think share the same agent so I think this will happen

Jul 12, 2016
edmonds200":3uusieyh said:
up_the_line":3uusieyh said:
edmonds200":3uusieyh said:

Cloud cuckoo land. Adams wasn't that good,he's gone, let's move on.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Larry David":2lhbdfhi said:
IJN":2lhbdfhi said:
Nixon also tweeted that Nicky Adams would end up at Salford or Argyle. Ten minutes later his signing for Northampton was announced. :greensmile:

I did notice you two aren't on speaking terms :greensmile:

I may have suggested he was speaking out of something other than his mouth. Very rude to block me though. :greensmile:

Jul 29, 2010
IJN":1jljze0e said:
Larry David":1jljze0e said:
IJN":1jljze0e said:
Nixon also tweeted that Nicky Adams would end up at Salford or Argyle. Ten minutes later his signing for Northampton was announced. :greensmile:

I did notice you two aren't on speaking terms

I may have suggested he was speaking out of something other than his mouth. Very rude to block me though. :greensmile:
Hope he didn't block 'something other than yer mouth'. In a few days that'll be painful :shocked:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Don't worry yourself Smiffy it's something very 21st Century. :greensmile:

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Tom Cobbley":31kdrfk8 said:
So Carey goes from sofa to Sofia.

Well, if GC10 hasn't gone by the time I write this it's a case of sofa so good... :coat:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A Bulgarian website has now picked up the tweet from the fake account ... Fake news

Jul 29, 2010
PMPilgrim":1kr3uz4f said:
There are people on the season ticket thread complaining about season ticket prices saying they won’t renew.

Some of them also say we should keep Carey by offering him more.

:funny:
Ah yes, the age old myopic Janner whoosh...

"we want more spent and we won't pay another penny until it is".

:whoosh:

Aug 5, 2015
I really can’t see Carey playing in L2. A mate of mine who’s a Charlton fan couldn’t believe he was in L1, until recently, and would love it if they signed him. I don’t think he’ll be short of offers, especially as he won’t cost a transfer fee