Graham Carey (signs for CSKA Sofia - confirmed) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey (signs for CSKA Sofia - confirmed)

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
philmeboots":1ir1tgdy said:
Apparently his wife has said that they’ve recently been clearing out the house and the garage which make me pretty nervous that he’s off. If he goes I hope that he’s replaced by Danny Mayor or similar.
Gary Sawyer's house is for sale (apparently) but he's staying.

Apr 29, 2016
PAFC123":1u4sn6c2 said:
philmeboots":1u4sn6c2 said:
Apparently his wife has said that they’ve recently been clearing out the house and the garage which make me pretty nervous that he’s off. If he goes I hope that he’s replaced by Danny Mayor or similar.

Just like a couple of years ago when he stayed then? Fed up of seeing the word 'apparently' on this site

Please don’t be fed up. Ok his wife had posted on Instagram that they’ve been cleaning out the house and garage. Hope that you’re a little happier now and it hasn’t spoilt your weekend.

Apr 29, 2016
Keepitgreen":3fubq9hg said:
philmeboots":3fubq9hg said:
Gary Sawyer's house is for sale (apparently) but he's staying.

Didn’t know that and I certainly hope that I’m reading something into it that isn’t there. Would be a shame to lose someone with that amount of talent particularly when he could flourish even more under the new manager.

May 16, 2016
philmeboots":1myvru5r said:
PAFC123":1myvru5r said:
philmeboots":1myvru5r said:

Just like a couple of years ago when he stayed then? Fed up of seeing the word 'apparently' on this site

Please don’t be fed up. Ok his wife had posted on Instagram that they’ve been cleaning out the house and garage. Hope that you’re a little happier now and it hasn’t spoilt your weekend.

Does anyone know if David Fox bought those new shoes he had his eye on ?

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
A heavy dose of reality will see both Carey and Lameiras leave for a higher grade. Both far too good for League 2. Obviously Ladapo is under contract but if we get a sensible offer (500k maybe) he'll be off too. The new manager may need an entire rebuild of the first choice forward line.

Apr 29, 2016
RKB":1n4ro6u6 said:
A heavy dose of reality will see both Carey and Lameiras leave for a higher grade. Both far too good for League 2. Obviously Ladapo is under contract but if we get a sensible offer (500k maybe) he'll be off too. The new manager may need an entire rebuild of the first choice forward line.

If we could get £500k for Freddie then go for it. In some ways the new manager may be happier to be able to build a new forward line capable of playing to his own preferred system.

Aug 5, 2016
RKB":cfvs8ohx said:

Is £500,000 a sensible offer to accept?

The fact is he was one of the division's leading scorers without penalties.

He scored more than Kieffer Moore, Ivan Toney, Ched Evans, Paddy Madden, Simon Cox, Matt Godden, Cauley Woodrow and Lucas Akins.

I would imagine you would not be able to buy any of the above for £500,000.

Ladapo should be an attractive striker to buy for any lower league club with a little bit of money.

Oct 31, 2015
I really don't get the panic from Argyle fans worrying about Rubes and GC10.

Our squad of chimps got us relegated last season ( 2 relegations in 3 seasons for Rubes) after 2 X disastrous runs of football. DA has left the squad in a worse position than when he took over from Sheridan so whoever comes in will need to build a spine, defence, midfield, attack and a squad. DA only had to tweak in the 1st season.

Let them go, the new manager will have his own ideas :thumbs:

Dec 13, 2004
rsp4":1n658a44 said:

Our squad of chimps got us relegated last season ( 2 relegations in 3 seasons for Rubes) after 2 X disastrous runs of football. DA has left the squad in a worse position than when he took over from Sheridan so whoever comes in will need to build a spine, defence, midfield, attack and a squad. DA only had to tweak in the 1st season.

Agree, will support whatever team rocks up next season, it's a job for the players no more no less.

May 8, 2011
rsp4":g9t5p1h9 said:

I think you are rewriting history just a bit.

Mar 16, 2009
London
rsp4":17j1b0wc said:

Ignorant post.

How is the squad in a worse position than Sheridan left it?

Jul 12, 2016
Because last season's team gave up when the going got tough.
Ruben was excellent in spells but the only player to wear the shirt with pride was Yann. Talking of ignorance ,you thought Macey was good.I rest my case!

Mar 23, 2008
Justin":d7ig042c said:
rsp4":d7ig042c said:

Ignorant post.

Because it is spineless, in more ways than one! The squad Adams inherited from Sheridan included Luke, Hartley, Nelse, Mellor, McHugh, Reid and Brunt which meant we had a real strength right down the middle of the team. Whoever takes over now has a very limited spine to work with, there's no keeper of note, no centre half fit for purpose, you could make an argument for Fox and Yann in midfield but Foxy is another year older now and then Ladapo up top. Adams inherited some strong foundations, the new manager this time frankly inherits a disjointed and average (at best) squad.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Deacster":3dfhjb4a said:
Justin":3dfhjb4a said:
rsp4":3dfhjb4a said:

Ignorant post.

Because it is spineless, in more ways than one! The squad Adams inherited from Sheridan included Luke, Hartley, Nelse, Mellor, McHugh, Reid and Brunt which meant we had a real strength right down the middle of the team. Whoever takes over now has a very limited spine to work with, there's no keeper of note, no centre half fit for purpose, you could make an argument for Fox and Yann in midfield but Foxy is another year older now and then Ladapo up top. Adams inherited some strong foundations, the new manager this time frankly inherits a disjointed and average (at best) squad.

I would counter that by saying although Adams inherited a spine of a team that team proved to be failures as they were defeated in the playoffs twice. When we went up we had a very different looking team.
We can all word things to suit our arguements.
Adams downfall came last summer with poor recruitment in defence. From there we never recovered.

Mar 23, 2008
Pettgreen":oc6xya2g said:
Deacster":oc6xya2g said:
Justin":oc6xya2g said:
rsp4":oc6xya2g said:

Ignorant post.

I would counter that by saying although Adams inherited a spine of a team that team proved to be failures as they were defeated in the playoffs twice. When we went up we had a very different looking team.
We can all word things to suit our arguements.
Adams downfall came last summer with poor recruitment in defence. From there we never recovered.
The point is Adams inherited some strong foundations, our new manager will not inherit that.