Fletcher to stay or go(managerial position) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fletcher to stay or go(managerial position)

Fletcher's position as manager

• Stay

Votes: 110 32.3%
  • Go

Votes: 165 48.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 66 19.4%

• Total voters

Kevin Pedlar

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jul 28, 2010
Plymouth
Agree with last post.
Need to give Fletch the chance to field his team with injuries out of the way before any knee jerks.
Wimbledon wasn't great, although his substitutions did get us an equaliser - freak deflection to lose but at least we didnt just sit there and hope something would work out.
I thought previous few games saw some good football played - far more than last few seasons.

We need to ignore the Danny salman school of "we're rubbish" - I've seen the sort of football you played here mate !

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Kevin Pedlar":3plgpwv2 said:
Agree with last post.
Need to give Fletch the chance to field his team with injuries out of the way before any knee jerks.
Wimbledon wasn't great, although his substitutions did get us an equaliser - freak deflection to lose but at least we didnt just sit there and hope something would work out.
I thought previous few games saw some good football played - far more than last few seasons.

We need to ignore the Danny salman school of "we're rubbish" - I've seen the sort of football you played here mate !
Amen to the Salman bit. I am always disappointed when a former professional writes the kind of stuff he writes, which puts pressure on someone currently in the game. A piece I read a few weeks ago was particularly negative, inasmuch he seemed almost sorry that Argyle appeared to be turning the corner. Shame really, because on the few occasions I have chatted to him he is a very friendly and approachable guy.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
No brainer for me... he has to stay.
I believe Fletch has the potential to make it in management.
Don't forget football, unfortunately, is all about money now. All of the 'great' Argyle managers in my time (Allison, Waiters, Smith, Pulis, Holloway, Luggy, etc.) left because of lack of backing from the board at the time. So what would be the point of getting a 'name' manager in?
Hopefully, JB will give Fletch the necessary.
Time (if he is given some) will tell.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Debatable now maybe?

Well done to the team and manager. Important thing now is to go forward and build on these 2 victories.

Apr 4, 2004
It's always been stay. He's building something good and it's going to take time. Be patient folks. There will be more dark days along the way but it'll be worth it in the end.

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
I voted go, and I still vote go until we build a run of 7 or 8 games consisting of mainly positive performances that yield more wins than draws or losses.

We're very, very inconsistent and I can't help but feel results like today keep buying a bit more time when I really think we should be doing better.

I would be delighted to be proved wrong, and as much as the Fletch haters come out when we win (which annoys me no end), it also irritates me how the pro-Fletch brigade get their cocks out on a day like today.

Personally, I don't think we should have this ongoing debate. Get behind him and the team and what will be, will be.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Neilio":mzxo65ec said:
I voted go, and I still vote go until we build a run of 7 or 8 games consisting of mainly positive performances that yield more wins than draws or losses.

We're very, very inconsistent and I can't help but feel results like today keep buying a bit more time when I really think we should be doing better.

I would be delighted to be proved wrong, and as much as the Fletch haters come out when we win (which annoys me no end), it also irritates me how the pro-Fletch brigade get their cocks out on a day like today.

Personally, I don't think we should have this ongoing debate. Get behind him and the team and what will be, will be.

If you look at the votes it shows the majority as wanting Fletch out. However these votes are anonnomous and the people most like to make a visible comment are pro Fletcher. Of those anti, most are known to be trolls and supporters from the north. This poll is a waste of time.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Neilio":20hcuo6p said:

This.

Aug 28, 2012
Tugboat":1r9bo265 said:
Neilio":1r9bo265 said:

This.

Not have a DEBATE on the Managers position on a Fans Forum ?? - surely this is exactly the place to debate (rationally) the merits of the Manager whatever your persuasion - for or against.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: It appears simple, after every success it`s give him time he is building for the future, and after every set-back it`s get rid as he`s tactically naive and signs no hopers - ah the Doctor Jekyll and Mr Hyde supporters.