Facade | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Facade

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
JannerinCardiff":1eem6z47 said:
I might be in the minority but I don’t like the old facade, I wish we had a shiny new one.. the old one will cost us more in upkeep I reckon..
I agree with you.

You're in the minority.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
JannerinCardiff":19mj7msi said:
I might be in the minority but I don’t like the old facade, I wish we had a shiny new one.. the old one will cost us more in upkeep I reckon..
I have to say I was all for keeping the facade I have known for 54 years but must admit that when I was at Home Park last month and looked at it I wasn’t so sure. I will reserve final judgement for the finished job.

May 16, 2016
JannerinCardiff":1m2d312d said:

Its a Brick wall. Once tarted up, it shouldn't be too difficult !

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Get rid of it and replace with something modern. History belongs in books. Let us at least show the world we are trying to be a progressive club.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
lilcol":1qifc2v7 said:
Get rid of it and replace with something modern. History belongs in books. Let us at least show the world we are trying to be a progressive club.

You can't say that...Uncle Ian will not be pleased.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
lilcol":1wr6rax2 said:

Not at all. This, integrated with the modern makeover when finished will look superb. A stand out piece and an appreciated nod to Argyle history.

Sep 29, 2013
plymouth
lilcol":2ueymkg0 said:

Mate I'm fairly sure the world does not give a toss

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
lilcol":2az50qbz said:

I can’t believe I’m biting but that is wrong on so, so, SO many levels :lol:

We historically wear green shirts, let’s not bother because history belongs in books.

We also come out to Semper Fidelis, let’s not bother because history belongs in books,

Big Ben is being refurbished at the moment, let’s not bother because history belongs in books.

Also, what is this mythical fancy new facade that no club has? I don’t see them on any new stadium I’ve been to, care to enlighten us?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Jimmytheoneo":15km2ukl said:
lilcol":15km2ukl said:

Mate I'm fairly sure the world does not give a toss

Ha, I look forward to all the fans coming down next season saying how modern everything is, but jeez that redeveloped Art Deco facade really sucks and Argyle can’t possibly move forward with such a backward outlook.

They are guaranteed to love it, and probably wish they had something as iconic and evocative at their own club.

Aug 11, 2013
An iconic Art Deco facade linking the past with present. Paid for by supporters in another era. A reminder of Argyle's 1930's glory days - knock it down? Most definitely not!