Facade | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Facade

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
You’re probably right, only on the inside though.

What a stadium Highbury was, though this is a complete eyesore. No idea why they kept it in the redeveloped flats... :whistle:

EW-AH791_Arsena_G_20091106004731.jpg

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Highbury was wonderful, that Emirates monstrosity is one of the worst stadiums I've ever watched football in.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Biggs":23nt03f8 said:
You’re being a dimwit, Penny.

Ian was highlighting an iconic feature of a stadium being bulldozed. Those twin towers were beautifully iconic but couldn’t be retained as they were basically made of MDF and plaster (though I see no reason why they couldn’t replicate them).

Now Wembley is more modern and fit for for the 21st century but looks like an airport terminal. Wouldn’t it have been great if it could be an incredible modern stadium but kept its beloved features and history? (See Berlin’s Olympic stadium for how you do that superbly)

Well, that’s what Argyle are doing. We shouldn’t ever get rid of our heritage unless there’s an unavoidable reason to do so.

Thankfully this isn’t even a discussion as the club, fans and neutrals agree with me and not you.
Don't go overboard Biggs. I know people who agree with Penny X and would rather it be gone. Personally, as I've said previously, I'm glad it's staying. You should have agreed to disagree a couple of pages ago. :lol:

Mar 14, 2009
Biggs":1e71fl41 said:
You’re probably right, only on the inside though.

What a stadium Highbury was, though this is a complete eyesore. No idea why they kept it in the redeveloped flats... :whistle:

EW-AH791_Arsena_G_20091106004731.jpg

Very true. Yeah how were you ever going to compete with the marble architecture as you stepped into the entrance of the building.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Last word from me.

Getting rid of the facade wouldn’t be a question of taste or opinion.

Unless absolutely necessary, it would be needless vandalism of the only remaining pre-war feature of Home Park.

Post-war planners wanted to pull down most of the Barbican. They were wrong, and so are this anti-facade crowd (who I had no idea existed until today :lol:)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Thankfully the board of PAFC totally agree with us. That'll do for me.

When Penny grows up, he'll realise we we right.

Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
PennyX":27djahtu said:
A state of the art Wembley stadium,or the old one which was falling to bits.Come on this really sums up the discussion

Old Wembley without a shadow of doubt.
All modern stadiums are soulless bowls of misery.
Give me a terrace and a tin roof every day of the week.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Merlin":10xb2ihs said:
How is the facade going to be integrated into the new shop?

We’d probably have to buy the lettering :lol:

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
PennyX":36c7ui3m said:
IJN":36c7ui3m said:
B03E3wkCYAE1mIb.jpg
:facepalm: :cry:
Wembley is a much better stadium now

Very true...the old one was a concrete wind tunnel that on a cold wet day left you miserable till you got away from it....the new one has magnificent pitch views and comfortable bars etc... and proper toilets.

The Façade might of been ok in the 1930's, but now it is only fit for a museum....if you could find one to take it.
Ok I say that with tongue in cheek and realize that some of you look on it as special...but why, maybe because PAFC haven't had much football success in nearly a 100 years of being in the league...and now are known as the largest City that hasn't ever been in the top Division (thank you Hull)....but we've got an old Façade....not everyone has got one of them.

We use history at times to suit our own requirements.....Americans read the plaque at the Mayflower Steps and look in wonderment....but old locals laugh up their sleeves and say they aren't the real ones their in a building nearby, so is life.

Jun 5, 2010
IJN":ldlkqkl8 said:
Thankfully the board of PAFC totally agree with us. That'll do for me.

When Penny grows up, he'll realise we we right.

You and briggs always poking for a reaction.I don't agree so therefore I have to grow up? Your as bad as briggs!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I should have said 'when you have more life experience' - That sounds less rude.