Facade | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Facade

Feb 28, 2016
Biggs":57afrpby said:
Well that's probably the best I've ever seen it look, so I can't really complain. Looks so good without the clutter of modern signage and the actual turnstile stuff. It will look even better with the fans plaque and (hopefully suitably retro) signage added.

I think the dark green is subtler and classier than light green. But I MUCH prefer the lighter green on shirts.

Both please, Argyle! :D
It is a turnstile block. It is an absolute travesty, too see our oldest and probably amongst the the Leagues oldest turnstiles go. Just as sad to see the characteristic toilets go.

Whatā€™s the point in retro signs, if itā€™s advertising one side of a split country?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Looks like the top bit could do with another coat of paint before the lettering goes on.

Jan 7, 2016
Kernow
With all the fuss, I decided to take a good look myself. I like it! IMO the green looks darker in the photos than it does in reality. Certainly a lot smarter than before. I agree with GT that the white at the top looks a little thin in places.

Aug 5, 2005
MarkMatthews":1z22djhq said:
Biggs":1z22djhq said:
Well that's probably the best I've ever seen it look, so I can't really complain. Looks so good without the clutter of modern signage and the actual turnstile stuff. It will look even better with the fans plaque and (hopefully suitably retro) signage added.

I think the dark green is subtler and classier than light green. But I MUCH prefer the lighter green on shirts.

It is a turnstile block. It is an absolute travesty, too see our oldest and probably amongst the the Leagues oldest turnstiles go. Just as sad to see the characteristic toilets go.

Whatā€™s the point in retro signs, if itā€™s advertising one side of a split country?

How is Argyle a "split country"?

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
MarkMatthews":aw90dqps said:
Biggs":aw90dqps said:

Yeah, let's do away with our history completely.

Whilst we're at it, let's scrap the gates from Ayresome Park that Middlesbrough took with them to Riverside. They're not even gates, people walk around them!

The same for the wheel outside Stadium of Light. That clearly hasn't been used for transporting miners down the shafts recently, get rid of it!

The Throstle at Hawthorns - that's just an old bird left over from when the stand was rebuilt!

Dec 3, 2005
Ross":1pueu7sp said:
MarkMatthews":1pueu7sp said:
Biggs":1pueu7sp said:

Whilst we're at it, let's scrap the gates from Ayresome Park that Middlesbrough took with them to Riverside. They're not even gates, people walk around them!

The same for the wheel outside Stadium of Light. That clearly hasn't been used for transporting miners down the shafts recently, get rid of it!

The Throstle at Hawthorns - that's just an old bird left over from when the stand was rebuilt!

You could add the Clock at the new Arsenal ground, taken from the old Highbury Stadium.

I dislike the dark colour green immensly.

Feb 28, 2016
Quizmike":1qtiyy58 said:
MarkMatthews":1qtiyy58 said:
Biggs":1qtiyy58 said:

How is Argyle a "split country"?

I donā€™t know, I was ā€œtiredā€ when I wrote that. I meant to say advertising a shop, which was never its intended use.

Feb 28, 2016
Ross":28j50d9u said:
MarkMatthews":28j50d9u said:
Biggs":28j50d9u said:

I donā€™t want to do away with history, I want to persevere it. I donā€™t see any reason why this couldnā€™t have remained in use as originally intended. As for gates at Middlesbrough, why didnā€™t they incorporate them so you had to walk through them? As for the state of the mining industry in this country, itā€™s best I donā€™t get started on that otherwise this thread will get split into the opinions forum very quickly!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Mark, you have completely descended into parody with those comments. Argyle bend over backwards to preserve and enhance any historic aspects of Home Park, and you call it a travesty. How the hell would you react if Argyle ever moved stadiums and demolished it all completely, as most clubs have done?

And you won't have an Argyle (or planet) to moan about for much longer if industries like mining thrived again. But I assume your views on sustainable energy are negative, despite being safer, cleaner, creating more jobs and being more... sustainable :lol:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
MarkMatthews":1l1vmg95 said:
I donā€™t know, I was ā€œtiredā€ when I wrote that. I meant to say advertising a shop, which was never its intended use.

Royal William Yard wasn't intended to be shops, restaurants and art galleries. Presumably you'd prefer that to be derelict still? The Hoe wasn't intended for pop concerts. Bankside Power Station wasn't intended to be the Tate Modern, and the list goes on and on.

It's called re-imagining, re-purposing and making the best use of unique assets and space, and it should be applauded.