Facade | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Facade

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Hey lilcol, let's get rid of St Andrew's, Smeaton's Tower, The Citadel... Rome!
GoS would have to go too.
History? Pah!!

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
For me I want it to stay and be extended I think it looks a bit crap with the ticket office portakabin unclad a few breeze blocks nd additional cladding to extend it to match wouldn't hve broken the bank in fact the supporters could have paid for it in a crowd fund bringing it full circle in a modern way
Thts my opinion nice idea but not fully thought out in my opinion

Jun 5, 2010
Surprised it's still standing after the knocking around its had.An illuminated Plymouth Argyle fc on the front is the only way to go for me now,and a club shop sign below.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PennyX":3t3k2184 said:
Surprised it's still standing after the knocking around its had.An illuminated Plymouth Argyle fc on the front is the only way to go for me now,and a club shop sign below.

Bit tacky, I think either the original iron lettering or a replica is still the best option. And the facade as a whole can then be easily lit up with ground spotlights.

Though I'll be curious to see how they clearly signpost that this is a shop, while keeping the retro appearance of the old turnstiles.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Biggs":2kxh1dn1 said:
PennyX":2kxh1dn1 said:

Bit tacky, I think either the original iron lettering or a replica is still the best option. And the facade as a whole can then be easily lit up with ground spotlights.

Though I'll be curious to see how they clearly signpost that this is a shop, while keeping the retro appearance of the old turnstiles.

It’s been discussed at length. Problem is Art Deco is not to be tinkered with. A mixture would not look as it should.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Maybe the old/replica iron PAFC lettering, but with the words 'Shop and Ticket Office' in the same style underneath it?

Can't wait to see what they've gone with.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

IJN":hxwtylam said:
Biggs":hxwtylam said:
PennyX":hxwtylam said:

It’s been discussed at length. Problem is Art Deco is not to be tinkered with. A mixture would not look as it should.

I'm not sure the finer details of what things look like are high priority. If it were then the frontage of that whole area wouldn't have had dropped-in portakabin-style buildings right alongside?

Hopefully this new fella from Liverpool can get to the bottom of what's really happening with the shop/ticket office.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
So glad it’s being Revamp and it’s part of our history

I remember going through those turnstiles back in the 80s for my 1st Ever Argyle Match

It’s iconic & part of Plymouth Argyle

Well done PAFC

We Are Argyle

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The Grumpy Loyal":236jtqgn said:
I'm not sure the finer details of what things look like are high priority. If it were then the frontage of that whole area wouldn't have had dropped-in portakabin-style buildings right alongside?

They're modular buildings, and the look IS a high priority because they're white with green trim to fit alongside the facade.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Biggs":7ugeg7aj said:
The Grumpy Loyal":7ugeg7aj said:

They're modular buildings, and the look IS a high priority because they're white with green trim to fit alongside the facade.

Ignore him Biggsy. He’s still got the hump about branding this refurb no more than a lick of paint. :funny:

T

The Grumpy Loyal

IJN":1s8wlxso said:
Biggs":1s8wlxso said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1s8wlxso said:

Ignore him Biggsy. He’s still got the hump about branding this refurb no more than a lick of paint. :funny:

Can you quote me on that? I think you may struggle.