Facade | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Facade

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Perhaps Chris had a nightmare that he'd forgotten to post it, and woke up to do so :lol:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
pedro91":2q47xue0 said:
So no lettering going on???

I assume that doesn't require scaffolding, though we STILL have no idea what the lettering will be.

Can't wait to find out.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Biggs":1qn4ffdu said:
Read this for a neutral view of the facade and grandstand in general (written before the current superstore plans).

One final feature connected with the Grandstand, is not in the ground itself, but the turnstile block outside. Perhaps the most unique and attractive turnstiles in the entire country, they were built in 1936 and as with the rest of the ground, are painted in an attractive combination of green and white. It’s unclear as to whether these will survive the redevelopment, but should they do, they will provide a nice link with the past, that the Grandstand currently does, sitting next to its shiny new neighbours.

http://tims92.blogspot.com/2011/04/plym ... -park.html

I agree. The pictures look good, and I am pleased that it is being retained.

The pictures also show the "little stand". Will this survive Stage 1?

To my eyes this looks a rather "mickey mouse" structure that is not traditional (i.e. it wasn't there when I first watched Argyle in the 70's) and it doesn't fit architectually.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Already gone!

Replaced by the control room, not exactly a looker in itself but is a tidy structure that will be replaced in Stage 2.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
From a tweet of Chris Errington

DxiAVa8X0AALYwN.jpg:large

Looks like Black and White

Jul 14, 2008
To be fair it doesn’t look quite that dark when you actually see it but I don’t really understand the obsession with this dark green.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Well that's probably the best I've ever seen it look, so I can't really complain. Looks so good without the clutter of modern signage and the actual turnstile stuff. It will look even better with the fans plaque and (hopefully suitably retro) signage added.

I think the dark green is subtler and classier than light green. But I MUCH prefer the lighter green on shirts.

Both please, Argyle! :D