F1 2022 | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

F1 2022

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I'm camping at Spa this weekend - very cold yesterday, but always lovely to see live Formula 1. I found myself a lovely spot overlooking Pouhon corner yesterday amongst the hordes of Max Verstappen fans. All very friendly though, no sign of the trouble there's apparently been at previous races.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Typical Spa weather, by the look of it!

It's going to be quite a mixed up grid, what with all the penalties. Could be a hell of a race, with Verstappen and Leclerc storming through from the back. Can Mercedes finally win one?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
A season that promised so much is quickly becoming a race to finish 2nd to Max who will surely win the title with 5 or 6 races to spare.

At least the driver market is keeping everyone interested!

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
This is a bit like watching Man City romp home with the title when you are a fan of ... well, any other Prem team.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Ferrari should be making a good fight of it, but their strategies are awful and Charlie likes to test the tyre walls out too often.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
I do wonder if Ferrari will end up regretting giving Charles such a long term contract, I'm not sure he'll be able to take the battle to Max/Lewis/George in the coming couple of years. I'd put Lando and a couple of others ahead of him too.

Sep 13, 2003
Ferrari should be making a good fight of it, but their strategies are awful and Charlie likes to test the tyre walls out too often.

I'm struggling to see how Binotto is still in charge at Ferrari, Arrivabene took the bullet after failing to deliver the titles and he was very well liked at Maranello and by the F1 press.

The first part of the season has still been entertaining and have found it refreshing not seeing a boring Mercedes procession. Watching Mercedes when Rosberg was there at least made the races watchable - but Bottas just wasn't consistent in races to keep up with Hamilton the past 4 years.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Congratulations to Max Verstappen on winning his first world championship ;)
Or was it bought by exceeding spending caps last season in preparation for this. Worst season in years for F1 and next year won't be much better with 6 sprint races

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
He may find he’s got zero world titles tomorrow, but I suspect the FIA will find a way to fudge it.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
They have delayed the announcement so it wouldn't be a surprise. The FIA seem to have had issues with Hamilton over the years be it has arrogance, political stances or nose stud!

Reactions: Alan Turing

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Strange season. It's a shame it's been such a procession after the close racing between Verstappen and Leclerc at Bahrain.

It feels like we might be at the start of an extended spell of Red Bull dominance doesn't it. Hopefully Mercedes can get a bit closer next year, because if anybody can beat Verstappen it's Lews Hamilton.

Reactions: smudja
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
I've been faithfully watching the races but with less attention and interest as the months have gone by. Yes, we could be in for a dull time of it - again - unless Merc and Ferrari (and others? Well, I can dream!) can put genuine challenges together.

(Assuming, of course, that RB are found innocent...)

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat