F1 2022 | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

F1 2022

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
If that is the case, then why aren't the FIA publishing the EXACT amounts?

Have a bit of transparency. I trust the FIA about as much as I trust the average rattlesnake. They are leaving the door wide open for further speculation that they are covering up the truth...it wouldn't be the first time.

Bent as a nine bob note!
The story doing the rounds is that Red Bull are £1.4m over and this is their catering budget which they thought was outside of the cost cap.....

• Haha
Reactions: Andy S

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
The story doing the rounds is that Red Bull are £1.4m over and this is their catering budget which they thought was outside of the cost cap.....
Oh look...a flying pig!

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
After the excitement of last season, can't wait for this season to be done! Some interesting battles down the grid but its a procession at the front.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Isn't it amazing what you can achieve when you steal the tea lady's money and use it for the development of the car!

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Sprint race this weekend, still haven't got the point of them and don't see why they are doing 6 of them next year!
I imagine they're meant as the equivalent of the T20 or The Hundred in cricket - all about attention spans and eyeballs and sponsorship and yoof engagement.

Having said that, I find them quite fun. They don't offend my senses and sensibilities in the same way as The Hundred does.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Sprint race this weekend, still haven't got the point of them and don't see why they are doing 6 of them next year!

Yeah I'm not convinced either. It's silly because the normal qualifying format is better than any they've come up with since I started watching F1 in the early 1990s. I don't think I've ever watched a sprint race from start to finish.

Reactions: The Pilgrim
Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
I imagine they're meant as the equivalent of the T20 or The Hundred in cricket - all about attention spans and eyeballs and sponsorship and yoof engagement.

Having said that, I find them quite fun. They don't offend my senses and sensibilities in the same way as The Hundred does.
My issue with them is that the drivers are so worried about damage and ending up at the back for the main race that they don't take any real risks and often just settle for what they have at the end of lap 1!

That being said with the forecast for Brazil this weekend, the sprint race could be wild!

Reactions: GreenThing

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
My issue with them is that the drivers are so worried about damage and ending up at the back for the main race that they don't take any real risks and often just settle for what they have at the end of lap 1!

That being said with the forecast for Brazil this weekend, the sprint race could be wild!
I like the sprint races, but as you say, there’s too much at risk.

I’d like to see it tweaked to match the F2 format. Qualifying on Friday will be the start positions for Sunday regardless of what happens in the sprint. The Sprint would then have a reverse top 10 start with lower points scoring (up to 8th place) and no jeopardy for the main race.

Reactions: The Pilgrim
Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
I like the sprint races, but as you say, there’s too much at risk.

I’d like to see it tweaked to match the F2 format. Qualifying on Friday will be the start positions for Sunday regardless of what happens in the sprint. The Sprint would then have a reverse top 10 start with lower points scoring (up to 8th place) and no jeopardy for the main race.
They tried to do that but the teams voted against it, I think for anything to change 8 of the 10 teams have to agree and the top teams were never going to agree to that! There are 6 of the things next season too!

I saw earlier that from next year Moto GP are doing a sprint race at every race and are having a separate championship for it.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Max Verstappen is a difficult chap to like isn't he. Hats off to George Russell for two flawlessly executed races last weekend though - undoubtedly the first of many.

I won't be sorry to see this season end. No doubt the usual Abu Dhabi procession awaits us on Sunday - fingers crossed Mercedes are closer to the Red Bulls in 2023. And maybe Ferrari will hold it together next time....

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Max Verstappen is a difficult chap to like isn't he. Hats off to George Russell for two flawlessly executed races last weekend though - undoubtedly the first of many.

I won't be sorry to see this season end. No doubt the usual Abu Dhabi procession awaits us on Sunday - fingers crossed Mercedes are closer to the Red Bulls in 2023. And maybe Ferrari will hold it together next time....
He really isn't is he! His mum probably hasn't helped with that twitter post about Checo cheating on his wife either!

George was great last weekend, especially with the pressure Lewis putting him under at the end!

Got a sneaky feeling for Aston Martin next season, they've developed well this year, recruited well behind the scenes and added Alonso! Shame they've got to keep Stroll as his team mate and not Vettel though.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
He really isn't is he! His mum probably hasn't helped with that twitter post about Checo cheating on his wife either!

George was great last weekend, especially with the pressure Lewis putting him under at the end!

Got a sneaky feeling for Aston Martin next season, they've developed well this year, recruited well behind the scenes and added Alonso! Shame they've got to keep Stroll as his team mate and not Vettel though.

Yes agreed, I do slightly fear for Stroll next year. I don't think Alonso will hesitate to make him look rather silly. He's not a Latifi/Mazepin-style no-hoper but he's certainly not in Alonso's class. It would be great to see Aston Martin kick on to where they were as (t)Racing Point in 2020, for instance.

Hopefully McLaren will have a slightly less underwhelming season in 2023 too. It'll be sad to see Ricciardo go but it's been a brutal couple of years for him.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Yes agreed, I do slightly fear for Stroll next year. I don't think Alonso will hesitate to make him look rather silly. He's not a Latifi/Mazepin-style no-hoper but he's certainly not in Alonso's class. It would be great to see Aston Martin kick on to where they were as (t)Racing Point in 2020, for instance.

Hopefully McLaren will have a slightly less underwhelming season in 2023 too. It'll be sad to see Ricciardo go but it's been a brutal couple of years for him.
Completely agree about Danny Ric, surprised he didn't fancy a go with Haas, seemed like a good fit for him for a year to see what happens with the grid in 2024.

Much rather have him there than Hulkenberg back again, I'd rather they kept Mick or gave a rookie a shot than him back too to be honest.