F1 2022 | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

F1 2022

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Not sure why you'd want to go. A friend of mine was in Malaysia two years running whilst the GP was on. The first year he went to the GP, the second year he had tickets but a dodgy gut and stayed in his hotel room. He said he wasn't going to actually go to a GP again because he saw a lot more watching in his hotel.

The same reason you'd go to any live sport really, for the atmosphere and getting to see it in person. I wouldn't go to every race but I've been to Spa a few times (not last year thankfully!) and never regretted it. Seeing F1 cars rattling through Eau Rouge or Blanchimont is the most amazing experience, TV doesn't really communicate the speeds involved.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
The same reason you'd go to any live sport really, for the atmosphere and getting to see it in person. I wouldn't go to every race but I've been to Spa a few times (not last year thankfully!) and never regretted it. Seeing F1 cars rattling through Eau Rouge or Blanchimont is the most amazing experience, TV doesn't really communicate the speeds involved.
Yes, my post probably came across as more negative than intended. You forgo the convenience of TV coverage (which is phenomenally good these days in F1, football and indeed many other sports) for the raw excitement of just being there while it's all happening right in front of you - the noise, the crowds, the sights, the sounds, the smells, the carnival atmosphere. (The food, the drink...)

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Yep this is it. And lets face it, you can always take a tablet along with you to have the tv coverage of the race so you know what's going on.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Did anyone get up at the crack of dawn for this one today?

Worrying times for RB's reliability gremlins, which seem to have re-emerged. It would take a brave man to bet against Leclerc now. I know Ferrari aren't to everyone's taste but I do like to see them doing well.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Did anyone get up at the crack of dawn for this one today?

Worrying times for RB's reliability gremlins, which seem to have re-emerged. It would take a brave man to bet against Leclerc now. I know Ferrari aren't to everyone's taste but I do like to see them doing well.
Didn’t get up to watch it, but recorded it and watched as soon as I woke this morning and before some bugger could spoil the result.

It feels wrong to want Ferrari to do well, but with the current driver lineup I’m happy for them to do well. It’s also very unlike Ferrari to treat both drivers equally, but they only took one upgrade this week for evaluation but didn’t use it as it would be unfair on the driver who didn’t get to use it.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Didn’t get up to watch it, but recorded it and watched as soon as I woke this morning and before some bugger could spoil the result.

It feels wrong to want Ferrari to do well, but with the current driver lineup I’m happy for them to do well. It’s also very unlike Ferrari to treat both drivers equally, but they only took one upgrade this week for evaluation but didn’t use it as it would be unfair on the driver who didn’t get to use it.

I wonder how long the equal treatment will last. Sainz is absolute quality, but he's a long way behind already. He was desperately unlucky in qualifying yesterday, though.