F1 2022 | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

F1 2022

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Hate is such an emotive word but...I have a pathological hatred of anything that has anything to do with Red Bull.

You can pretty much guarantee that if Red Bull are involved then cheating will ensue.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Based on what? Sorry, but that's nonsense.
Each has our opinion.

Mine is that Hamilton has lost the cojones in the last two years. He has NOT competed in the last two years and this year in particular has not pressed the pedal to the metal to try to win. He has lost it and should retire.

Reactions: GreenThing

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Each has our opinion.

Mine is that Hamilton has lost the cojones in the last two years. He has NOT competed in the last two years and this year in particular has not pressed the pedal to the metal to try to win. He has lost it and should retire.
I think he’s taken his eye off the ball with all his campaigning for whatever cause he feels will get him the best media attention at the moment and also his fashion/rap/acting career.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Hate is such an emotive word but...I have a pathological hatred of anything that has anything to do with Red Bull.

You can pretty much guarantee that if Red Bull are involved then cheating will ensue.
Do you hate those who have actually cheated and been caught? McLaren (spygate), Ferrari (illegal fuel flow), Alpine or whatever Renault are calling themselves this week (crashgate), Mercedes (multiple illegal car parts), Aston Martin (using bought parts that have to be designed by the team).

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Each has our opinion.

Didn’t Hamilton miss out on the title last year because of a call (rightly or wrongly) by an official on the very last lap? Not sure that means he’s lost it mate. His car this year was clearly awful too.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Didn’t Hamilton miss out on the title last year because of a call (rightly or wrongly) by an official on the very last lap? Not sure that means he’s lost it mate. His car this year was clearly awful too.

Absolutely, he's got a draggy car. Ocon was the second quickest car through the speed trap yesterday, it's no wonder he couldn't get past. The way he was driving yesterday was exceptional, he just doesn't have the tools at his disposal this year.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Do you hate those who have actually cheated and been caught? McLaren (spygate), Ferrari (illegal fuel flow), Alpine or whatever Renault are calling themselves this week (crashgate), Mercedes (multiple illegal car parts), Aston Martin (using bought parts that have to be designed by the team).
Not really. As you say Keith, they were caught and punished accordingly.

Red Bull, on the other hand, would appear to be made of fudging Teflon! Shall we see what the punishment is for the overspend, over the last two seasons?

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend

Red Bull, on the other hand, would appear to be made of fudging Teflon! Shall we see what the punishment is for the overspend, over the last two seasons?
Lets wait and see if its confirmed first! If they haven't overspent then Merc and Ferrari are going to look a bit silly!

I wouldn't be surprised if Aston Martin has overspent by a lot more than Red Bull.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Lets wait and see if its confirmed first! If they haven't overspent then Merc and Ferrari are going to look a bit silly!

I wouldn't be surprised if Aston Martin has overspent by a lot more than Red Bull.
The rumour doing the rounds is AM overspent by £5m while RB overspent by £150k. I expect both have found loopholes in the way the accounts need to be compiles and a slap on the wrist.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth

So you don’t mind it when teams cheat, but don’t like a team you think are cheating but have no proof, eh? How have Red Bull cheated?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
No amounts, but it is less than 5% of the budget which makes it fall into the minor overspend category.
If that is the case, then why aren't the FIA publishing the EXACT amounts?

Have a bit of transparency. I trust the FIA about as much as I trust the average rattlesnake. They are leaving the door wide open for further speculation that they are covering up the truth...it wouldn't be the first time.

Bent as a nine bob note!

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
If that is the case, then why aren't the FIA publishing the EXACT amounts?

Have a bit of transparency. I trust the FIA about as much as I trust the average rattlesnake. They are leaving the door wide open for further speculation that they are covering up the truth...it wouldn't be the first time.

Bent as a nine bob note!
I think it’s very unlikely Red Bull, or any team for that matter would submit their books knowing that they have overspent and flatly deny that they have. If they had overspent then they would either admit to it or not submit the overspend.

This makes me believe that RB submitted their account believing that they were within the budget due to their understanding of the rules. We all know that when it comes down to the technical regulations there are grey areas and loopholes, so the financial regulations are more than likely to be the same.

Aston Martin have been found to have broken procedures with their submission and William also had procedural problems earlier in the year. This goes to show that there are issues with the cost cap regulations.