Derek Adams. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams.

Yay or nay?

• I still want him gone.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Stay please Derek take us to the Championship.

Votes: 165 85.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Derek Adams is here for the long Term

Signed a Five year deal last summer & Head Of Football At PAFC

Delivered Promotion & we are progressing on in League One

Well done to the board of directors sticking by him

Great young manager with a bright future ahead

He’s the man to deliver Championship football at PAFC

COYGs

Oct 31, 2015
GreenArmy1984":x7hklx9k said:
No reason we can’t do a Bournemouth or Huddersfield or Burnley or Swansea

All about keeping the dream alive

Where is the cash injection coming from that those clubs had?

Aug 5, 2016
GreenArmy1984":2e1o26xx said:
No reason we can’t do a Bournemouth or Huddersfield or Burnley or Swansea

All about keeping the dream alive

You have 72 clubs in three divisions all dreaming the same dream, plus the likes of Salford and Fleetwood who have cash injections from non leagues trying to get there. Not all clubs can play in the Premier League.

Nov 6, 2011
Great manager we have. This is a difficult club to manage with our geographical location etc. Can't fault him really. Got us promoted, 7th in league 1 last season and, after a difficult start, we're steady progressing again. He's learning about league 1 which is a very competitive league and I predict, with good backing from the board, we'll be pushing for promotion to the Championship next season.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Jesus Christ, Mickey...

I’m not sure I can be bothered with your straw man arguments, detective work and rambling essays.

Mar 14, 2009
Biggs":kn92ndk3 said:
Jesus Christ, Mickey...

I’m not sure I can be bothered with your straw man arguments, detective work and rambling essays.

I understand. Can’t argue with the truth. Let’s end it there eh ... just don’t call people liars perhaps and then you won’t get replies back to you that you don’t like which prove you wrong.

Anyhow, will try to avoid your posts from now on as it seems you just get annoyed by l say and am not here for confrontation.

My final comment to you is this, that I hope you and Adams proves me wrong as that will result in a successful and winning Argyle team.

Jul 14, 2008
The poll is too simplistic really. He obviously has to stay now as we are finally again playing good football and gathering points but a third disastrous start to a season on the trot has to be the end if it happens. There’s no excuse for the terrible starts in the last two seasons nevetmind a third if that happens.

May 8, 2011
Herts_Green":jtsnorvo said:
The poll is too simplistic really. He obviously has to stay now as we are finally again playing good football and gathering points but a third disastrous start to a season on the trot has to be the end if it happens. There’s no excuse for the terrible starts in the last two seasons nevetmind a third if that happens.

As a matter of fact, the start of last season wasn’t terrible.

Jul 14, 2008
HC Green":2c8vhj2e said:
Herts_Green":2c8vhj2e said:

We were hopeless until we beat Gillingham in December.

Apr 1, 2009
HC Green":dqa9lm0v said:
Herts_Green":dqa9lm0v said:

First 12 league games W1 D2 L9. Not terrible at all.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I think Adams suffers a bit because his dour personality is difficult to warm to.
In private he might be great company amongst a group of friends but fans only see or hear him in press interviews and on the touchline and judge his personality on that.
He doesn't crack jokes and come out with an amusing line in his interviews, he's very straightforward and factual and the complete opposite to Ian Holloway so if Argyle are losing game after game (as we did earlier this season) it's difficult for fans to actually like him.

Thankfully he's a good manager and should be judged on results over a full season which so far have been excellent since he joined us in 2015.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":17ms1d8d said:
I think Adams suffers a bit because his dour personality is difficult to warm to.
In private he might be great company amongst a group of friends but fans only see or hear him in press interviews and on the touchline and judge his personality on that.
He doesn't crack jokes and come out with an amusing line in his interviews, he's very straightforward and factual and the complete opposite to Ian Holloway so if Argyle are losing game after game (as we did earlier this season) it's difficult for fans to actually like him.

Thankfully he's a good manager and should be judged on results over a full season which so far have been excellent since he joined us in 2015.
Good post Ian.
I had a great dislike for the way Alex Ferguson would come across with his arrogance but would be the first to admit (through gritted teeth) that he was a great manager.
It's no coincidence that Derek Adams is coming across the same to many people. He's known Ferguson as a family friend since he was a lad and obviously uses him as a role model. The similarities are clear. Yet I've seen him a lot away from match days and he's a really nice guy, as I'm sure Ferguson was to the people who knew him.
DA is good for our club long term. In the meantime we have to take the rough with the smooth.