Derek Adams. | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams.

Yay or nay?

• I still want him gone.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Stay please Derek take us to the Championship.

Votes: 165 85.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
IJN":1xwynb0q said:
Totally agree with GreenThing.

Some people are looking back with green tinted spectacles.

He was a loon. The football was not as good as some remember it. Him leaving like he did, simply endorsed my feelings on the shrew faced Bristolian.

Of course he was a loon but he was still a very good Manager for us.

The shameful manner in which he conducted himself as he lied and schemed his way out of the Argyle job understandably colours the view of some fans about what he achieved at Argyle and how he went about it.

He was lucky to have a great foundation left by Pulis, but he improved on it and made us a more attractive team to watch and got us into the top six of the Championship in the process.

At the time he stabbed us in the back, we probably had the best Argyle team in 40 years and we looked like genuine Play-off candidates. I remember looking on Exeweb at the time and even City fans were saying that we had a real chance of making it to the Premiership.

Oct 31, 2015
demportdave":24mcujtq said:
IJN":24mcujtq said:
Totally agree with GreenThing.

Some people are looking back with green tinted spectacles.

He was a loon. The football was not as good as some remember it. Him leaving like he did, simply endorsed my feelings on the shrew faced Bristolian.

Of course he was a loon but he was still a very good Manager for us.

The shameful manner in which he conducted himself as he lied and schemed his way out of the Argyle job understandably colours the view of some fans about what he achieved at Argyle and how he went about it.

He was lucky to have a great foundation left by Pulis, but he improved on it and made us a more attractive team to watch and got us into the top six of the Championship in the process.

At the time he stabbed us in the back, we probably had the best Argyle team in 40 years and we looked like genuine Play-off candidates. I remember looking on Exeweb at the time and even City fans were saying that we had a real chance of making it to the Premiership.

Totally agree with this. It's the closest I will ever see us get to the prem. Only problem was the wage structure was untenable.

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
Its interesting how the poll results have swung so massively from the ones in the autumn which were something like 60/40 in favour of going to a massive 84% staying now.

I was always somewhere in the middle as part of me wanted him gone, but I couldn't deny that his actual win ratio was very good for an Argyle manager and I don't think I've changed that much. For me, this season has still been a massive disappointment and whilst the results and performances did improve in January, 38 points from 33 matches is still very poor after last season. Some serious questions have to be asked about the two successive poor starts and the awful pre season. For the moment Derek has done enough to deserve to stay, but the "take us to the championship" headline on this thread is somewhat wishful thinking as things stand.

Mar 23, 2008
Regarding Holloway, his departure I think has tainted his spell. I remember celebrating like Argyle had scored when Leicester got relegated. However time marches on and he was a brilliant manager for us. His signings were very good, SEB, Hayes, Seip, Timar, Halmosi, Abdou plus Sinclair and Gallen on loan.

Someone else mentioned it but you have to say he inherited the basis of a good team with players like Buz, Morris, Nalis, etc and the deadwood cleared. Much as Adams also inherited a very good nucleus from Sheridan, relative to this level.

The football was on the whole good and more importantly successful, he deserves credit for managing us to our highest tide mark for sometime and quite possibly one of the biggest 'what if' moments in our history. I heard him talking about his spell at Blackpool on Talksport on Friday and you couldn't help but think, that could have been us.

Aug 13, 2011
It is true. It made me laugh today on Soccer Saturday when they said Plymouth are doing their usual second half of the season revival. Ha!! There's the expression a game of two halves. We are a team of two halves of a season. But OK you have to say Derek Adams is obviously the man capable of taking us to the big time .If he gets it right from the start of a season we'll stroll it then. Let's hope that happens next season in the biggerr stadium. We get promoted to the Championship automatically, preferably at the expense of Pompey who slip to another play off place!! DA needs to stay. No argument.

Oct 31, 2015
GreenArmy1984":zfj17fkh said:
No doubt about it We Will Stay Up This season

Mid table finish I predict now

52 Points is the Target

COYGs

Blimey realism!!!!! Not last week your raving about a play off place

Aug 13, 2011
I do think Derek has a sneaking love for the club. He has been the man to take us to a higher divisiion and bed us in. Sheridan couldn't though he did do well in progressing us towards the top of Div2. If DA wasn't a football manager he would be a roller coaster attendant but never mind. One day the ride will level out at the higher level under his guidance and track maintenance.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
On the whole good, a fair enough assessment of Hollow’s football.

But I don’t recall any confidence at all in retaining a play-off place under him. Let alone win them.

Last season under DA was way more of a what if than whatever might have been under Hollow. Whose comments about re-painting Smeaton’s Tower only served to evidence what a relative simpleton he is, albeit a high energy one.

Sep 6, 2006
gariboldi":17teqb3c said:
It is true. It made me laugh today on Soccer Saturday when they said Plymouth are doing their usual second half of the season revival. Ha!! There's the expression a game of two halves. We are a team of two halves of a season. But OK you have to say Derek Adams is obviously the man capable of taking us to the big time .If he gets it right from the start of a season we'll stroll it then. Let's hope that happens next season in the biggerr stadium. We get promoted to the Championship automatically, preferably at the expense of Pompey who slip to another play off place!! DA needs to stay. No argument.

What evidence is there Adams is capable of taking us to the big time? Obviously as you say!! He is unlikely to get us to top half of League1 this season.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":1tz12tto said:
gariboldi":1tz12tto said:

What evidence is there Adams is capable of taking us to the big time? Obviously as you say!! He is unlikely to get us to top half of League1 this season.
What evidence have you got to say that he is unlikely to get us into the top half?
5 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss in the last 9 games. The stats indicate (if they continue the current trend) that we're more likely to be in the top half than bottom half.

Sep 6, 2006
Keepitgreen":n0ibqwjg said:
Balham_Green":n0ibqwjg said:
gariboldi":n0ibqwjg said:

What evidence have you got to say that he is unlikely to get us into the top half?
5 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss in the last 9 games. The stats indicate (if they continue the current trend) that we're more likely to be in the top half than bottom half.

Lies damned lies and stats. One goal scored in last 3 away games(against 10 men) is another stat.