Derek Adams. | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams.

Yay or nay?

• I still want him gone.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Stay please Derek take us to the Championship.

Votes: 165 85.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
These 2 recent posts from Posty and KIG sum up Derek Adams perfectly.
KIG’s last sentence explains why 84% of those who have voted (most of them are silent) have the same opinion as, fortunately, have our owner and Board of Directors.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Stay for me and it always has been. He cares for this club in a way which we haven't seen for many a year. He is also a good manager with strong self belief. Is he perfect? No not at all. However, the whole package is a great fit for this club. Long may it continue.When he gets it right we do play some of the best football I've seen since the Shilton team in the 90's. All things being equal that Oxford away game was one of the worst since Kemps relegation team.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The Holloway example is a good one. I’ll take substance over style and funny soundbites any day of the week.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Biggs":amvfc5gh said:
The Holloway example is a good one. I’ll take substance over style and funny soundbites any day of the week.
When Adams gets us to the Quarter-final of the FA Cup and then up to 4th in the Championship by playing entertaining and attacking football, or if he ever takes a team into the Premiership and Manages at that level as Holloway has done twice, perhaps then he may bare comparison; the funny sound bites were a bonus but they helped to endear him to the fans, something which Adams, like Sheridan before him, has never tried to do.

Until then, he remains a pretty average, lower-league Manager who produces mostly negative and unattractive football. As an aside, he is also incapable of providing a funny soundbite or even cracking his face for a smile.

However, his after-match comments are often unintentionally funny, or perhaps ridiculous is a better description.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
GreenArmy1984":vylup9p0 said:
Derek Adams is here for the long Term

Signed a Five year deal last summer & Head Of Football At PAFC

Delivered Promotion & we are progressing on in League One

Well done to the board of directors sticking by him

Great young manager with a bright future ahead

He’s the man to deliver Championship football at PAFC

COYGs
This.

Dec 3, 2005
I notice this thread was started on the 11th Feb 2019, so it is bound to be a positive poll FOR Derek Adams.

If ONLY he could string a few results together BEFORE January, then he would be a brilliant manager.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
r4h4al":182yz0fe said:
IJN":182yz0fe said:
r4h4al":182yz0fe said:
Hopefully he'll have more money to spend in the Summer, and he had nothing last Summer so that wasn't his fault.

Where on Earth have you got that from? :crazy:
The change of chairman.

Like the window just gone where we signed two loan players despite being promised a mini-overhaul.

Yea, new chairman looking good so far :thumbs:

Oct 31, 2015
demportdave":tvalwbd6 said:
Biggs":tvalwbd6 said:
When Adams gets us to the Quarter-final of the FA Cup and then up to 4th in the Championship by playing entertaining and attacking football, or if he ever takes a team into the Premiership and Manages at that level as Holloway has done twice, perhaps then he may bare comparison; the funny sound bites were a bonus but they helped to endear him to the fans, something which Adams, like Sheridan before him, has never tried to do.

Until then, he remains a pretty average, lower-league Manager who produces mostly negative and unattractive football. As an aside, he is also incapable of providing a funny soundbite or even cracking his face for a smile.

However, his after-match comments are often unintentionally funny, or perhaps ridiculous is a better description.

Agree

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
demportdave":2msdv68e said:
Biggs":2msdv68e said:

Actually we went 4th when Holloway left and Tim Breaker took charge for a game. Was it away at Sheffield United?

Holloway was also managing an Argyle squad that was financially unsustainable even if it was a pittance in comparison to some clubs.

Not taking anything away he was very good for us, but so has Derek Adams.

As for his humour, or sound bites. I like him. He winds people up and it's brilliant to see. Gareth Ainsworth, Paul Cook and Steve Evans have all really took the bait and lost it with him.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
djg145":3smx1bqs said:
I notice this thread was started on the 11th Feb 2019, so it is bound to be a positive poll FOR Derek Adams.

If ONLY he could string a few results together BEFORE January, then he would be a brilliant manager.

The other one was started when we couldn't buy a win. As I say, perfect balance I'd say.

The next one will be at the end of the season, just for good measure.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Thomas Edwards":387azjox said:
demportdave":387azjox said:
Biggs":387azjox said:

Actually we went 4th when Holloway left and Tim Breaker took charge for a game. Was it away at Sheffield United?

Holloway was also managing an Argyle squad that was financially unsustainable even if it was a pittance in comparison to some clubs.

As for his humour, or sound bites. I like him. He winds people up and it's brilliant to see. Gareth Ainsworth, Paul Cook and Steve Evans have all really took the bait and lost it with him.
From memory, I think Holloway walked out on Argyle on the Thursday prior to the game at Bramall Lane on the Saturday. Yes, Breaker was in temporary charge but it was Holloway’s team and it is petty and disingenuous to say otherwise.

Along with many others, I was there to see Halmosi score the only goal of the game, whilst Doumbe had a young and speedy Billy Sharpe in his back pocket. Happy days to be an Argyle fan.

Bobby Williamson also managed Argyle for only one game at the end of the 2003-04 season. By your reckoning, does that mean he won the League 2 Title?

I’m not so sure about Adams winding Ainsworth up. The last time I saw him a couple of weeks ago he was laughing and smiling as he left the pitch at Wycombe after he had completed outwitted Adams who had steam coming out of his ears and was ranting at the Referee as he desperately sought someone else to blame for Argyle’s poor showing that day. Paul Cook was poached by a Championship club because he is a better Manager and as for Steve Evans, perhaps the least said the better.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
demportdave":1mxpcagv said:
Thomas Edwards":1mxpcagv said:
demportdave":1mxpcagv said:
Biggs":1mxpcagv said:

From memory, I think Holloway walked out on Argyle on the Thursday prior to the game at Bramall Lane on the Saturday. Yes, Breaker was in temporary charge but it was Holloway’s team and it is petty and disingenuous to say otherwise.

Along with many others, I was there to see Halmosi score the only goal of the game, whilst Doumbe had a young and speedy Billy Sharpe in his back pocket. Happy days to be an Argyle fan.

Bobby Williamson also managed Argyle for only one game at the end of the 2003-04 season. By your reckoning, does that mean he won the League 2 Title?

I’m not so sure about Adams winding Ainsworth up. The last time I saw him a couple of weeks ago he was laughing and smiling as he left the pitch at Wycombe after he had completed outwitted Adams who had steam coming out of his ears and was ranting at the Referee as he desperately sought someone else to blame for Argyle’s poor showing that day. Paul Cook was poached by a Championship club because he is a better Manager and as for Steve Evans, perhaps the least said the better.
I was there at Bramall Lane but missed the goal as I spent the whole of the first half in the first aid room!
A very strange day for me.