Danny Mayor. | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor.

Jul 12, 2016
freddie2greens":3kj0x7ot said:
Mayor is a good player no doubt but we looked far more dangerous once Cooper came on yesterday because of how direct he is. Imo mayor needs to shoot more often rather than play the extra pass, its almost like he's scared of shooting in case he misses which is disappointing. Like others have said he's great to watch with all his neat footwork and fast passing style but we need more end product from him and if we did get that we should be in the top 3 come the end of the season.
Glad somebody else agrees! :thumbup:

Jul 12, 2016
Devongreenowl":31ila58q said:
Itā€™s a tongue in cheek comment Oldage. For someone who regularly posts quite acerbic comments, you seem to take offence very easily. I imagine Mayor is playing to instructions and for some reason Sarce and Cooper take most of the free kicks. Neither has been very productive in that regard in my opinion. Maybe Mayor is too nice, I donā€™t know. I certainly think he would be more successful with free kicks than either of those two. I hasten to add, I really rate Sarcevic who has to be up there with one or two others for player of the year, although he had an off day yesterday. I donā€™t rate Cooper as highly as some do, because he is wasteful when we are in good positions. That said, I am aware of his assist status, but think it flatters him a little.
I am not taking your comments personally but in general.
For what its worth Sarcevic would be my second choice for player of the year. I believe for all his faults Cooper gives us a more attacking edge than Mayor.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I think if anybody had asked most realistic supporters what our hopes were for this season, we would have said play offs at best, because most generally felt that Lowe would need three or four windows to get us up. Here we sit in the top play off spot, with every chance of automatic promotion. I donā€™t see Bradford, Walsall or Scunthorpe doing much. Of course we are going to have off days like yesterday, when teams donā€™t really come to play. That is the first time we have failed to follow up a defeat or draw with a win for some time. Unfortunately Oldage, you have been complaining since the early part of the season and therefore have a reputation as a moaner. Iā€™m sure youā€™re as big a fan as anybody, but I suspect I wouldnā€™t want to be sat next to you at HP! I really hope youā€™re not the moaning old so and so who sits behind me who has been moaning about Lowe and Mayor since day one and was one of the very early booers! Iā€™m sure youā€™re not.
WAAAW :scarf:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
What does WAAAW mean?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
PL2 3DQ":212jf5e7 said:
What does WAAAW mean?

Itā€™s a play on WAWAW which is an Owls slogan seen on scarves etc. We're All Wednesday Arenā€™t We.
Strangely, a Wednesday box owner has copyrighted it and the club are having to fight him in the courts to continue using it, despite it having been in common usage for years. Funny sort of supporter!

Argyle actually use #WeareArgyle on the back of tickets, so I suppose it can be We are Argyle Arenā€™t We? I actually prefer We're All Argyle Arenā€™t We?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Thanks, although this is a Plymouth Argyle forum.
Ripe for a word censor. :)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Devongreenowl":1oiga8ic said:
PL2 3DQ":1oiga8ic said:
Thanks, although this is a Plymouth Argyle forum.
Ripe for a word censor. :)

What a strange thing to do. Whatā€™s wrong with We're All Argyle Arenā€™t We?

It's not strange at all, this is a Plymouth Argyle forum not a Sheffield Wednesday forum.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Ask the moderator Ron. COYG is acceptable, even though nearly every club in the country uses a similar acronym. The acronym I used was deemed unacceptable and was replaced by COYG. Just my harmless little ending to many of my Argyle related posts, saying We're All Argyle Aren't We.
There we go, itā€™s his ball.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Devongreenowl":1dxoi3ss said:
Ask the moderator Ron. COYG is acceptable, even though nearly every club in the country uses a similar acronym. The acronym I used was deemed unacceptable and was replaced by COYG. Just my harmless little ending to many of my Argyle related posts, saying We're All Argyle Aren't We.
There we go, itā€™s his ball.

No, you said it's the ... Owls slogan seen on scarves etc. We're All Wednesday Arenā€™t We.' Something which you sign off on almost every post - on a Plymouth Argyle forum. I've changed the word censor to say COYG.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
With the greatest of respect, I suggest you read it again, because you may have misunderstood me. You asked me what W *A*A*A*W meant. I told you it was a play on the Owls acronym we're all Wednesday arenā€™t We and explained that the club was in dispute. The acronym I post on the end of some of my Argyle posts is We're All Argyle Aren't We. You have rather heavy handedly (although I accept you may have misunderstood me) censored the acronym and replaced it with COYG. No wonder Ron is confused!

As far as I know, Iā€™ve never used the Wednesday acronym on here, other than to explain what the W*A*A*A*W acronym means when asked. If you think that should be censored, then like I say itā€™s your ball. Take it home if you want. Really itā€™s just a harmless thing surely, because We're All Argyle Arenā€™t We?
:scarf:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
With the greatest of respect, I suggest you read it again, because you may have misunderstood me. You asked me what W *A*A*A*W meant. I told you it was a play on the Owls acronym we're all Wednesday arenā€™t We and explained that the club was in dispute. The acronym I post on the end of some of my Argyle posts is We're All Argyle Aren't We. You have rather heavy handedly (although I accept you may have misunderstood me) censored the acronym and replaced it with COYG. No wonder Ron is confused!

As far as I know, Iā€™ve never used the Wednesday acronym on here, other than to explain what the W*A*A*A*W acronym means when asked. If you think that should be censored, then like I say itā€™s your ball. Take it home if you want. Really itā€™s just a harmless thing surely, because We're All Argyle Arenā€™t We?
:scarf: