Danny Mayor. | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor.

Jul 12, 2016
Cobi Budge":vb4tounc said:
Shankster":vb4tounc said:
He looks like a a player, going through the motions, to me.

He’ll certainly be heading back north in the summer

Not sure how you can draw that conclusion from today? His work rate was excellent.

Nothing wrong with his work rate but no end result.
Can't understand why he is so reluctant to shoot.
Today all he did in the first half was play "triangles with McFadzean and Sawyer.So predictable and laborious.

Oct 16, 2016
Cobi Budge":3h7prfma said:
Shankster":3h7prfma said:

Not sure how you can draw that conclusion from today? His work rate was excellent.

Today?

Contraire, his season

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
oldage":20w8t9bc said:
Cobi Budge":20w8t9bc said:
Shankster":20w8t9bc said:

Today all he did in the first half was play "triangles with McFadzean and Sawyer.So predictable and laborious.

So predictable and laborious!

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
However , if he had been our penalty taker for the whole season and had a good success rate maybe we would not be having this conversation. IMO he just needs something to boost his confidence to a level where he will appease the PASOTI faithfull.

Jul 12, 2016
Devongreenowl":1wa7h8zr said:
oldage":1wa7h8zr said:
Cobi Budge":1wa7h8zr said:
Shankster":1wa7h8zr said:

I assume you are having a dig at me ,again.
If Mayor and Co keep doing the same thing without an end result what is the point? If might look good but if you are the opposition you know what to expect.
Why not hit a first time ball into the area or dare I say, try a shot. Half a dozen short passes between three players to achieve very little is IMO predictable and laborious. Most of the sides I have seen at Home Park are more direct.

Dubai Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 15, 2008
Singapore
oldage":jrtg8u4k said:
Devongreenowl":jrtg8u4k said:
oldage":jrtg8u4k said:
Cobi Budge":jrtg8u4k said:
Shankster":jrtg8u4k said:

I assume you are having a dig at me ,again.
If Mayor and Co keep doing the same thing without an end result what is the point? If might look good but if you are the opposition you know what to expect.
Why not hit a first time ball into the area or dare I say, try a shot. Half a dozen short passes between three players to achieve very little is IMO predictable and laborious. Most of the sides I have seen at Home Park are more direct.

Most of the sides you’ve seen at Home Park are below us in the table.

Sep 25, 2010
Being predictable and laborious, has got us 4th in the table

I am not complaining.

Cambridge camefor a draw yesterday, and got it.

Jul 12, 2016
True but how many of our points have we won from their interplay as against Cooper's assists? I think Mayor is a good player but in the games I have seen him play I really can't see that he is as good as some people make out. I wonder if some fans are just caught up in the hype that heralded his signing.
His fancy footwork is a joy to behold but there is little end result.

Jul 12, 2016
Martyn":pf1xg7r9 said:

I am not complaining.

I cannot understand how we are 4th playing like we are.
Certainly in the past few games we have been far from convincing and have ridden our luck.
I hope I am wrong as I really want us to be promoted but we do not look like promotion candidates.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Anybody who can’t see what Danny Mayor brings to the Argyle side, really needs to seriously consider watching another sport. Could he do even more? Yes, of course he could. I wish he’d have more shots, be more assertive and take over at some free kick situations. Without him, Argyle would lose most of their creativity in the final third other than the very effective Byron Moore, who funnily enough some people don’t rate either. Bizarre!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I rate Moore my player of the season so far.

He hustles, runs all match, gets in good positions and never stops trying. He’s equally decent at Wing back as up front.

Awesome player

Jul 12, 2016
Devongreenowl":tyy4i2or said:
Anybody who can’t see what Danny Mayor brings to the Argyle side, really needs to seriously consider watching another sport. Could he do even more? Yes, of course he could. I wish he’d have more shots, be more assertive and take over at some free kick situations. Without him, Argyle would lose most of their creativity in the final third other than the very effective Byron Moore, who funnily enough some people don’t rate either. Bizarre!

Who are you to dictate whether or not somebody should stop watching football based on your opinion?
Moore is my player of the season so far .Mayor admittedly creates a lot in the final third but to little avail.You are saying he could be more assertive,have more shots and take over free kicks so he isn't do that good is he!

Apr 4, 2015
Mayor is a good player no doubt but we looked far more dangerous once Cooper came on yesterday because of how direct he is. Imo mayor needs to shoot more often rather than play the extra pass, its almost like he's scared of shooting in case he misses which is disappointing. Like others have said he's great to watch with all his neat footwork and fast passing style but we need more end product from him and if we did get that we should be in the top 3 come the end of the season.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
It’s a tongue in cheek comment Oldage. For someone who regularly posts quite acerbic comments, you seem to take offence very easily. I imagine Mayor is playing to instructions and for some reason Sarce and Cooper take most of the free kicks. Neither has been very productive in that regard in my opinion. Maybe Mayor is too nice, I don’t know. I certainly think he would be more successful with free kicks than either of those two. I hasten to add, I really rate Sarcevic who has to be up there with one or two others for player of the year, although he had an off day yesterday. I don’t rate Cooper as highly as some do, because he is wasteful when we are in good positions. That said, I am aware of his assist status, but think it flatters him a little.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
oldage":1b7gm99p said:
Martyn":1b7gm99p said:

I am not complaining.

I cannot understand how we are 4th playing like we are.
Certainly in the past few games we have been far from convincing and have ridden our luck.
I hope I am wrong as I really want us to be promoted but we do not look like promotion candidates.

Because despite 'playing like we are', even when we have a bad day our bad day is better than a good day for most of the team's in this terrible division.