Danny Mayor. | Page 24 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Macclesfield were far from a very very poor team yesterday. Unfair on them as they came to play football and caused us quite a few difficult moments. It’s almost like a back handed swipe at Argyle to suggest the opposition were weak, when in fact they helped put on one of the more entertaining matches seen at HP this season.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Macclesfield were a decent side and could have easily had a couple of goals but were denied by excellent work by Palmer and Wooton.
Second half Argyle were inspired by a great performance from Mayor in particular and Cooper and in fact the whole side played well and deserve credit. Great to watch, should have been 4 goals at least and could have been more.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Devongreenowl":3jsz6r71 said:
Macclesfield were far from a very very poor team yesterday. Unfair on them as they came to play football and caused us quite a few difficult moments. It’s almost like a back handed swipe at Argyle to suggest the opposition were weak, when in fact they helped put on one of the more entertaining matches seen at HP this season.

Agree. Macclesfield started very brightly with a high press and good effort. Not bad from a group of players that are not getting paid. They are a credit to their club.

D

Darren Stoneman

Danny is a gifted footballer who seems to understand the real aspect of team work, his reputation certainly gains the focus of other teams and gives space to others to flourish, his passing and interplay with Fadz and Cooper has been outstanding

Do we want him to score more , of course we do, however when we are winning 3-0 and he is pivotal to that I am happy with his intellect and effort

We have not been blessed with a talent like DM for years and it is refreshing to see

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I don't know whether it has taken him a while to settle, whether he has carried a few knocks or what?, he does come in for some tough treatment, but the DM of the past week has been the player we were hoping for. If he can add a few goals to his game in the run in then we can well and truly consign Graham Carey to the memory bank.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Interesting selection problems coming for Ryan Lowe in the next couple of weeks. Sarcevic, Aimson, Grant and Sawyer to come back into the reckoning. If everybody else stays fit and we steer clear of any further unnecessary suspensions, we are going to have a very strong squad going into the run in.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Yes, I think our strength in depth will serve us well as we aporoach the run in.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
What I noticed and like yesterday was that Mayor seemed to be really loving playing and enjoying the success that he and Cooper were having together.

Oct 5, 2013
Mayor looked to have a great game yesterday, seemed completely in charge.
He had a right-foot shot after cutting inside, and stood up a great left-foot cross from the left goal-line after going past the defender on the outside - two things I think he’s been reluctant to try up until now - so I’m well pleased and impressed!

Apr 16, 2019
He’s a a skilful player who causes many a defender problems on a weekly basis, the ball seems to be glued to his feet and he produces passes and assists of a decent quality. Wish he had a crack on goal more.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
What a superb piece of awareness between Mayor and Cooper for our second goal!!
Quality you don’t see in League 2 very often.