Danny Mayor. | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor.

Apr 4, 2015
Martyn":q6jehjyv said:
Steve.PAFC2012":q6jehjyv said:
freddie2greens":q6jehjyv said:
sorry but I dont agree, average again today. a couple of good moments but overall disappointing. Connor grant looks better.
Unbelievable. :facepalm:

I know unbelievable, you have got to wonder if he was there today,

oh yes I was there as I have been all season as st holder and as usual he was disappointing . sick of the bs about dm. over rated doesn't even describe him So far and im being generous.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Either you’ve got an agenda or you weren’t there today.

Mayor was excellent, he scared the living daylights out of the Macclesfield defence all afternoon, as well as brilliantly setting up our second.

Mar 21, 2013
freddie2greens":1vuvmmxl said:
Martyn":1vuvmmxl said:
Steve.PAFC2012":1vuvmmxl said:
freddie2greens":1vuvmmxl said:
sorry but I dont agree, average again today. a couple of good moments but overall disappointing. Connor grant looks better.

oh yes I was there as I have been all season as st holder and as usual he was disappointing . sick of the bs about dm. over rated doesn't even describe him So far and im being generous.
Did he forget to sign your programme once & you haven’t let it go?

Sep 2, 2008
Mayor is a quality player. He has a turn of speed, great balance, great close control, great ball control, can go left or right, can turn on a sixpence and generally gives the opposition a real worry every time he gets the ball. Opposing teams have to have at least two sometimes three players around him because they don't know which way he's going. This frees up so much space for other players and allows them to have a lot more time on the ball then they would normally expect. He is a tremendous talent and I for one would much rather have him playing for us than against us.

Aug 8, 2013
Cobi Budge":37ukjmrt said:
Either you’ve got an agenda or you weren’t there today.

Mayor was excellent, he scared the living daylights out of the Macclesfield defence all afternoon, as well as brilliantly setting up our second.

I sparked some discussion earlier in the week by describing Mayor as "disappointing", but today I thought he was excellent.
He did exactly as you describe, and I'm delighted. Let's hope he maintains this for the rest of the season.

Mar 23, 2008
freddie2greens":1bhmie2d said:
Martyn":1bhmie2d said:
Steve.PAFC2012":1bhmie2d said:
freddie2greens":1bhmie2d said:

It's fine, football clearly isn't your thing.

Sep 25, 2010
freddie2greens":3bfq4gp9 said:
Martyn":3bfq4gp9 said:
Steve.PAFC2012":3bfq4gp9 said:
freddie2greens":3bfq4gp9 said:

About every word of that sentence is wrong.

Dec 8, 2019
Lower Mayflower, block E. Plenty of people around berating DM for passing when in a good position we're also the same ones giving it the "oh for Pete sake why aren't you passing" when he did have a crack. Unbelievable.
I thought he had a belter today

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Top drawer performance from Danny Mayor today. I would argue possibly the best i've seen him in an Argyle shirt.

Oct 31, 2015
freddie2greens":28b3u6zd said:
Martyn":28b3u6zd said:
Steve.PAFC2012":28b3u6zd said:
freddie2greens":28b3u6zd said:

Jesus has he slept with your partner :shock:

He didn't impress me early days but I don't think RL helped that with the statement about DM and GC10. He plays a different role.

Since Christmas he has got better and better. You can tell the opposition know more about football than you because they put so many players on him.
I think you must have an agenda because DM can play and has been consistently for a while now. :clap:

Oct 14, 2015
freddie2greens":yjbk1am9 said:
hes a good player like i ve said before but he aint the messiah that some people think he is. end of.

Completely respect your opinion on Danny Mayor but if you seriously thought that today, particular the 2nd half, he wasn’t a stand out performer then I’m at a complete loss. Had it not been for Coops getting 2 goals then DM would’ve be close to getting MOM.

Those mazy runs, going past players for fun, linking up with Coops for the 2nd goal......

I’m not suggesting he’s the messiah but he’s a damn good player and showed that today.

Certainly glad he’s in our team then someone else’s

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
freddie2greens":2upc5pvq said:
Martyn":2upc5pvq said:
Steve.PAFC2012":2upc5pvq said:
freddie2greens":2upc5pvq said:

Freddie, I think you should read the Morecambe manager’s post match interview. He was very fair in praising his own team’s performance, which was fair enough, but he was also, understandably, very impressed with Danny Mayor. The best player in League 2 I think he said.
I know whose opinion I agree with although I agree that he has not always played as well as today’s performance.
Give credit where it’s due.

Sep 6, 2006
Welwyn Pilgrim":2ue10uox said:
freddie2greens":2ue10uox said:
hes a good player like i ve said before but he aint the messiah that some people think he is. end of.

Completely respect your opinion on Danny Mayor but if you seriously thought that today, particular the 2nd half, he wasn’t a stand out performer then I’m at a complete loss. Had it not been for Coops getting 2 goals then DM would’ve be close to getting MOM.

Those mazy runs, going past players for fun, linking up with Coops for the 2nd goal......

I’m not suggesting he’s the messiah but he’s a damn good player and showed that today.

Certainly glad he’s in our team then someone else’s

Its a good barometer of somebody's football judgement. If you dont rate him you are pretty clueless. Oldge is another one.

Jan 2, 2019
He had a very, very good game against a very, very poor team today. Hopefully his form continues against the better teams. There is a player in there didn’t help he was hyped when he first arrived and given Carey’s number.