Danny Mayor. | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor.

Jan 19, 2019
He would be best used as a false 9 or as a 10. He scares the wits from defenders allowing space to open up for others.

The guy had an average start but he's really starting to fire now just in time for the run in.

I am confident we can win the Title. There I said it.

Sep 19, 2015
Bloke oozes class and is a key component in Sarce's improved form in my opinion. A Key cog who will heavily influence our possibility of automatic promotion this season.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
PlymouthCasual":2fz49aq8 said:
Bloke oozes class and is a key component in Sarce's improved form in my opinion. A Key cog who will heavily influence our possibility of automatic promotion this season.

My thoughts exactly ... Sarce seems to have that extra yard of space this season and I’m sure that has a lot to do with Danny Mayor pulling opposition players towards him.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Very good again today, and the shear number of Cambridge players who surrounded him is proof of just how scared opposition sides are when he gets the ball.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Jimmy B":s9ecqnih said:
There was a moment today when Mayor made a run and was surrounded by 5 Cambridge players giving chase. It looked brilliant on iFollow.
Looked just as good in the flesh.

Tugboat":3v8g62cb said:
Jimmy B":3v8g62cb said:
There was a moment today when Mayor made a run and was surrounded by 5 Cambridge players giving chase. It looked brilliant on iFollow.
Looked just as good in the flesh.

I bet. I just meant the compressed telephoto shot really highlighted how surrounded he was and showed how many opposition players he draws in. Great to see.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
While I think Mayor had a very good game against Cambridge, probably his best for a while, we needed more from him, an end product.
In tight games the star player needs to step up and produce, Mayor has scored just once all season, at this stage last season he had scored 10.

David Friio, Steve Castle, Akos Buzsaky, Graham Carey etc would win games such as today with a touch of brilliance to make the difference between the two teams.
It is difficult with four defenders around him and maybe other players should make better use of the space that Mayor creates.

Mayor is very pleasing on the eye and is a very good player so I don't want to be too critical but we need more from him.

May 1, 2011
Cobi Budge":2izj0i3h said:
Very good again today, and the shear number of Cambridge players who surrounded him is proof of just how scared opposition sides are when he gets the ball.

However no end product in assists or shots and 1 goal all season.

The team needs more.

Jul 12, 2016
Bristol Rich":34re9rgi said:
Cobi Budge":34re9rgi said:

However no end product in assists or shots and 1 goal all season.

The team needs more.
Agreed. Why doesn't he try a shot instead of trying to walk it into the net? Nowhere near as good as Lameiras or Carey in his heyday. If there were 5 players marking Mayor there were 4 of our other players not being marked!

Mar 23, 2008
PL2 3DQ":203n67u6 said:
While I think Mayor had a very good game against Cambridge, probably his best for a while, we needed more from him, an end product.
In tight games the star player needs to step up and produce, Mayor has scored just once all season, at this stage last season he had scored 10.

David Friio, Steve Castle, Akos Buzsaky, Graham Carey etc would win games such as today with a touch of brilliance to make the difference between the two teams.
It is difficult with four defenders around him and maybe other players should make better use of the space that Mayor creates.

Mayor is very pleasing on the eye and is a very good player so I don't want to be too critical but we need more from him.
Agree with that, he's playing well and very talented but he must be disappointed himself with his output.

Oct 16, 2016
He looks like a a player, going through the motions, to me.

He’ll certainly be heading back north in the summer

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Shankster":3tlq5pk2 said:
He looks like a a player, going through the motions, to me.

He’ll certainly be heading back north in the summer

Not sure how you can draw that conclusion from today? His work rate was excellent.