Danny Mayor. | Page 21 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor.

Dec 8, 2019
Devongreenowl":2dcoz5ix said:
With the greatest of respect, I suggest you read it again, because you may have misunderstood me. You asked me what W *A*A*A*W meant. I told you it was a play on the Owls acronym we're all Wednesday aren’t We and explained that the club was in dispute. The acronym I post on the end of some of my Argyle posts is We're All Argyle Aren't We. You have rather heavy handedly (although I accept you may have misunderstood me) censored the acronym and replaced it with COYG. No wonder Ron is confused!

As far as I know, I’ve never used the Wednesday acronym on here, other than to explain what the W*A*A*A*W acronym means when asked. If you think that should be censored, then like I say it’s your ball. Take it home if you want. Really it’s just a harmless thing surely, because We're All Argyle Aren’t We?
:scarf:

As you say, we are indeed all argyle here so there is no need at all for any affinity for any other club.

COYG indeed!!!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Well of course there is very much a need if you support one club from childhood and then relocation, military service etc means you watch another club regularly too. Proud to be a good, long serving supporter of both great clubs.

I’m sure there are plenty of Argyle fans who support other clubs, overtly or otherwise.
WAAAW

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
This seems to have gone rather off piste. The Cambridge manager said after the match that Danny Mayor is the best player in the league & it was imperative to try & keep him quiet.

Dec 8, 2019
Devongreenowl":2eob45wj said:
Well of course there is very much a need if you support one club from childhood and then relocation, military service etc means you watch another club regularly too. Proud to be a good, long serving supporter of both great clubs.

I’m sure there are plenty of Argyle fans who support other clubs, overtly or otherwise.
COYG

Sorry DGO, didn't mean it to come across rude and abrupt . We are all passionate about the game and you're right, plenty of people support one team and watch others because of a love of the game no matter where they are.
Let's stay uniquely argyle

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
German Shepherd":2gr2b91j said:
This seems to have gone rather off piste. The Cambridge manager said after the match that Danny Mayor is the best player in the league & it was imperative to try & keep him quiet.

Couldn’t agree more. I find it so frustrating when some supporters just don’t see it. I said months ago that the Devonport Enders would do well to take him to their hearts a bit more and sing his name a bit, instead of the constant Ryan Lowe song. I love Ryan Lowe as much as the next supporter, but it must irk the players a bit. Danny Mayor probably needs to feel the love so to speak, but as far as I have been able to tell, his name hasn’t been sung at all and I’ve been to every home game and three aways.
We're All Argyle Aren’t We!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
simon1argyle":k17yquwt said:
Devongreenowl":k17yquwt said:

COYG

Sorry DGO, didn't mean it to come across rude and abrupt . We are all passionate about the game and you're right, plenty of people support one team and watch others because of a love of the game no matter where they are.
Let's stay uniquely argyle

Not at all Simon. I’m Yorkshire!

Jul 12, 2016
German Shepherd":cxyin5ol said:
What about Doyle, Yates, Bowman, Kirk, Williams etc etc?

Jul 12, 2016
Devongreenowl":2xo9p7le said:
German Shepherd":2xo9p7le said:

Couldn’t agree more. I find it so frustrating when some supporters just don’t see it. I said months ago that the Devonport Enders would do well to take him to their hearts a bit more and sing his name a bit, instead of the constant Ryan Lowe song. I love Ryan Lowe as much as the next supporter, but it must irk the players a bit. Danny Mayor probably needs to feel the love so to speak, but as far as I have been able to tell, his name hasn’t been sung at all and I’ve been to every home game and three aways.
Fans will sing his name when he deserves it

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
oldage":oa7g2zki said:
Devongreenowl":oa7g2zki said:
German Shepherd":oa7g2zki said:

I can’t be bothered with you anymore Oldage. I’m afraid you’re beyond help if you can’t see what a good player he is. You’d soon realise if we lost him.

May 8, 2011
oldage":1nibejmh said:
Devongreenowl":1nibejmh said:
German Shepherd":1nibejmh said:

One of the big difference between this season and many of the previous years is that no player name is sung, I don’t regard the ditty about Wootton counts. Perhaps this year the manager is the star and the players just bit part actors.

So far this year the only time there has been any concerted singing of a player’s name was at Stevenage and that was for Sonny Bradley.

Jul 12, 2016
Devongreenowl":11hj3atw said:
oldage":11hj3atw said:
Devongreenowl":11hj3atw said:
German Shepherd":11hj3atw said:

I can’t be bothered with you anymore Oldage. I’m afraid you’re beyond help if you can’t see what a good player he is. You’d soon realise if we lost him.
All about opinions. If Mayor departed I would not be too upset based on his performances to date.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
HC Green":3035tbkw said:
oldage":3035tbkw said:
Devongreenowl":3035tbkw said:
German Shepherd":3035tbkw said:

One of the big difference between this season and many of the previous years is that no player name is sung, I don’t regard the ditty about Wootton counts. Perhaps this year the manager is the star and the players just bit part actors.

So far this year the only time there has been any concerted singing of a player’s name was at Stevenage and that was for Sonny Bradley.

Sarce is about the only one I’ve heard much this season, other than the embarrassing Wootton song, oh and Jephcott he’s one of our own just lately. Shame really because Mayor, Moore and even Cooper deserve some recognition from the fans. I’ve never known anything like it at any club.

Jul 12, 2016
Devongreenowl":28kf84zc said:
HC Green":28kf84zc said:
oldage":28kf84zc said:
Devongreenowl":28kf84zc said:
German Shepherd":28kf84zc said:

Sarce is about the only one I’ve heard much this season, other than the embarrassing Wootton song, oh and Jephcott he’s one of our own just lately. Shame really because Mayor, Moore and even Cooper deserve some recognition from the fans. I’ve never known anything like it at any club.
Comparing us to Sheffield Wednesday again.

Mar 8, 2016
Yes this is something that crossed my mind, we don’t have many chants for payers, Alex Palmer gets a muted chant at the start of the match, Sarcevic occasionally gets a mention, that wootton song is horrendous. Would be good if a few others got a mention from the stands.