Danny Mayor signs!!! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor signs!!!

Feb 15, 2005
If he is a poor mans Graham Carey then let’s sign him up soonest. GC10 would have been the best attacking midfielder in Div 2 if he stayed and I’ll accept someone just below that level.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Argyle have conducted themselves really well in the last few weeks in terms of not commenting in the media until there’s actually something to say. So I would be very surprised if they would make the mistake of a player being seen with the manager and a senior club executive in the club shop during opening hours, unless they were pretty certain he was signing.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Devongreenowl":11beiu3d said:
Argyle have conducted themselves really well in the last few weeks in terms of not commenting in the media until there’s actually something to say. So I would be very surprised if they would make the mistake of a player being seen with the manager and a senior club executive in the club shop during opening hours, unless they were pretty certain he was signing.

Why? He’s having a look around.

The same could be said if he was seen anywhere else in the city.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Exactly. If he’s having a look around, then he’s having a look around. Where is he supposed to go?

Maybe being in the club shop is an even better sign because he might have wanted to buy a souvenir from his new club...

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Tugboat":3e2fy0j9 said:
Devongreenowl":3e2fy0j9 said:

Why? He’s having a look around.

The same could be said if he was seen anywhere else in the city.

Because it raises supporter expectations (which it clearly has done) and I just don’t think they would want to risk doing that if there was any chance at all of him not signing, which would then be a complete anti climax. Just think it would be poor media management really. Obviously we will know by tomorrow or Friday won’t we.

Jul 27, 2005
Plymouth
It wasn't long ago that Alan Smith was 'having a look around Plymouth' but didn't sign. So trying not to get too excited... Although he would be more exciting than Alan Smith!

Aug 5, 2016
I'm surprised some haven't heard of Danny Mayor, he has had a reputation as one of the best matchwinners in the lower leagues for some years now.

Oct 31, 2015
Knibbsworth":1tlme4ru said:
I'm surprised some haven't heard of Danny Mayor, he has had a reputation as one of the best matchwinners in the lower leagues for some years now.

Agree. Bit of a signing if it comes off

Mar 8, 2016
monkeywrench":27g4h4ua said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":27g4h4ua said:
It’s difficult not to be excited as he is seemingly at HP.

However, it now just appears RL will have to pull a rabbit out of the hat to sign him especially with higher league clubs chasing him.

Lowe did say he was always interested but at his press conference said it will be very difficult because we are a L2 club.

Love it to happen. Not expecting it though. I feel others are and this is the problem with social media. Argyle tried to keep it quiet l guess in case it doesn’t go through. There will now be a section of Argyle fans who will be extremely disappointed if this doesn’t go through but we have to be realistic. Which some aren’t.

Probably the right way to look at this. My hopes were up. Now they're down. Tough being an argyle fan!

Absolutely the only way to look at it.

Aug 5, 2016
Argylegames":l7vig01f said:
Knibbsworth":l7vig01f said:
I'm surprised some haven't heard of Danny Mayor

He hasn't played for Argyle.

Graham Carey only played for Argyle in England, but football fans up and down the country will have heard of him and his feats. I've heard of Erhan Oztumer, and Josh Windass, and Gary Roberts, and Sammy Smodicz without being a ST holder of their clubs. Danny Mayor has been one of those regulars among the 'goal of the week' clips for about 5 years. It would be some achievement to sign him for sure.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Tranmere?
The Gas?
The Theatre of Green Dreams?

I'd take the Green dream but, then, I would say that wouldn't I!! :scarf:

Wake up Danny and smell the pasties?

Lord Mayor M'lord, Lord Mayor, Lord Mayor M'Lord Lord Mayor!! :scarf: :nworthy:

Mar 23, 2008
If you said to most lower league neutrals who they would want Carey and Mayor, it would be a tight vote. Mayor would be a major coup.