Danny Mayor signs!!! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor signs!!!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He'll continue to ramble on about 'budget'. It's what he does.

If we can pull this one off, I'll be one very happy Pilgrim.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I remember that Danny Mayor was outstanding when we played Bury at Home Park in February 2015. They beat us 2-0 and were promoted to the Championship.
In 2016/17, they were relegated back to League 1 and I don’t recall Mayor’s performance when we won 3-0 in 2017/8.
Bury had a player called Ismael who played against us for Walsall on loan the previous week and caused our defence problems. By the following week, he had returned to Bury and was injured in the first half when he collided with a goal post in trying to convert a cross. Ismael was replaced by Ryan Lowe who, as we know, was sent off for a challenge on Remi Matthews.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
IJN":4sk8931b said:

I’ll be delighted if we can bring in Danny Mayor. He’s a really genuinely good footballer and will be crucial to the style of football Lowe wants to bring to HP.

I read about other clubs signing big name players like James Vaughan at Bradford but with Mayor we will be signing proven ability of a player in his prime that has most importantly delivered recently and at L2 level. He is one of the top players in his position in L2, why wouldn’t we be over the moon to sign him when we’ve lost good players to bigger clubs recently?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Some comments from Bury fans on their forum -

"You can expect the best player in League 2. A joy to watch and worth the entrance money alone. Goes past defenders for fun and very skilful. Lowe will know how to get the best out of him and sure to be a crowd favourite."

"Most talented footballer I’ve seen at Bury. "

"Top notch. If he settles then he is the best player in the league. Got to build the side around him. "

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Cobi Budge":2cs2isau said:
Some comments from Bury fans on their forum -

"You can expect the best player in League 2. A joy to watch and worth the entrance money alone. Goes past defenders for fun and very skilful. Lowe will know how to get the best out of him and sure to be a crowd favourite."

"Most talented footballer I’ve seen at Bury. "

"Top notch. If he settles then he is the best player in the league. Got to build the side around him. "

But wait, isn't he a poor man's Graham Carey? :facepalm:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’ve been looking at the pic with DM apparently at the club shop and reconciling it against images of him on the web... personally I don’t think it’s him, but I’d love to be wrong..! :scarf:

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
I particularly liked the hoarding jump at the end of the compilation....

This cut and pasted from the Bury board....you have to feel for them if remotely true

Ryan Lowe, Steven Schumacher and Jimmy Dickson - Plymouth ( plus fitness coach and also potentially the social media manager he is engaged to)

Brian Jensen - Shrewsbury

Nicky Adams - Northampton

Jay O'Shea - Deciding between Plymouth and Brisbane Roar

Tom Aldred - Brisbane Roar

Danny Mayor - Seemingly set for Tranmere Rovers ( or maybe not :) )

Nicky Maynard & Dom Telford - Plymouth bound

Chris Stokes - Set for Stevenage

Joe Adams - Held talks with Brentford

Mar 14, 2009
It’s difficult not to be excited as he is seemingly at HP.

However, it now just appears RL will have to pull a rabbit out of the hat to sign him especially with higher league clubs chasing him.

Lowe did say he was always interested but at his press conference said it will be very difficult because we are a L2 club.

Love it to happen. Not expecting it though. I feel others are and this is the problem with social media. Argyle tried to keep it quiet l guess in case it doesn’t go through. There will now be a section of Argyle fans who will be extremely disappointed if this doesn’t go through but we have to be realistic. Which some aren’t.

Jan 27, 2012
IJN":3clyu4bx said:

Well I thought you’d bite.

Mayor can obviously shine at this level which is what Argyle require this season. But Carey is a big, big loss, I am still sulking about that one.

The budget ? You are the one who keeps raising it. I don’t know whether it’s good or not for this season. There is a new fella in charge of the club and apparently they have received £500k for Ladapo. We will see who comes through the door.

Do I want Mayor to sign ? YES.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Metal_Green_Mickey":3n2sesmq said:
It’s difficult not to be excited as he is seemingly at HP.

However, it now just appears RL will have to pull a rabbit out of the hat to sign him especially with higher league clubs chasing him.

Lowe did say he was always interested but at his press conference said it will be very difficult because we are a L2 club.

Love it to happen. Not expecting it though. I feel others are and this is the problem with social media. Argyle tried to keep it quiet l guess in case it doesn’t go through. There will now be a section of Argyle fans who will be extremely disappointed if this doesn’t go through but we have to be realistic. Which some aren’t.

Probably the right way to look at this. My hopes were up. Now they're down. Tough being an argyle fan!

Oct 14, 2015
I think that’s what Andrew Parkinson meant when he commented about it being worth the wait when our new signings are revealed

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
At least we are in with a sniff.

The fact he has travelled down here has to be a bonus. Seeing what we are trying to achieve. We aren't L1 this season but with a multi year contract he could well be in L1 next season.