Danny Mayor signs!!! | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor signs!!!

Jun 26, 2019
Cornwall
Danny has had well documented mental health issues. IMHO he is a far better player than Carey, better distribution, pace, vision and goal scoring. Without his problems he would of been playing at least Championship level. You now have a player who is happy in himself and his game, under the tutelage of a man he calls a friend as well as boss. If he does not tear this league apart I will be very suprised.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Shakeinexile":1cmgqbuv said:
Danny has had well documented mental health issues. IMHO he is a far better player than Carey, better distribution, pace, vision and goal scoring. Without his problems he would have been playing at least Championship level. You now have a player who is happy in himself and his game, under the tutelage of a man he calls a friend as well as boss. If he does not tear this league apart I will be very suprised.

Carey was an amazing player - this isn't a cheapshot because he has left. But looking at the Mayor compilation, he brings a lot more overall. No wondergoals like Carey, put his dribbling, passing etc are exceptional. Maybe Carey would have had the same if he had players making the runs that Mayor did. Those inside balls to the overlapping wingers are a joy to watch.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Fair play Mayor looks a hell of a player, I recall someone indicated a stat that last season he had the most dribbled of any L2 player, and was apparently double the number of the 2nd best player.

Can’t wait to see him running at people !! :thumbup:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep, literally every time he gets the ball we'll be on our feet. Can't wait.

And I wasn't aware of these mental health issues... makes me want to support him and make him feel at home even more.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Biggs":mxo4j5me said:
Yep, literally every time he gets the ball we'll be on our feet. Can't wait.

And I wasn't aware of these mental health issues... makes me want to support him and make him feel at home even more.

Can I be the first to say this season:

FFS!! SIT DOWN!! :furious:

:lol:

Mar 14, 2009
Watched the YouTube video.

Loved Danny’s attitude to football. Some of the stories about managers were such an eye opener.

Liked Danny said he doesn’t really like Interviews but having his mate there felt they were just having a normal chat. It worked well.

You can hear his love for certain clubs like Preston and Bury. Feel gutted for him that he has been forced out of Bury where he was so happy. However, got to be honest without what’s going on at Bury we would of never stood a chance of getting Lowe and/or Mayor. So you get conflicted because of how much it benefits Argyle.

I hope everyone gives the manager and the players time. I think we are so desperate as fans to get back out of league two that patience won’t be our best asset as a fan base.

Hopefully we get behind Lowe, the coaching staff and the players and maybe they will fall in love with this club like they have with other clubs they have been at. As a fan base, part of that will be down to us and our reaction to them, especially when things don’t go our way on the pitch.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
What's this video? I can only see goal showreels and fluff pieces on Youtube.

Or you mean the one on iFollow?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Metal_Green_Mickey":2650ddon said:
Biggs":2650ddon said:
What's this video? I can only see goal showreels and fluff pieces on Youtube.

Or you mean the one on iFollow?

https://youtu.be/yYdGG5wo05Q

There is some explicit language btw.

Brilliant, thanks. Perfect to have on in the last hour or so of work :thumbup:

Apr 19, 2008
Cornwall
Watched the whole video last night. Mayor seems like a great guy who made some mistakes in his younger days but has really matured now. Got his head screwed on and a hard worker too. Good person to have in the dressing room to help the younger lads. Good sense of humour too

Welcome Danny!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PMPilgrim":2usuly1g said:
cheshiregreen":2usuly1g said:
PMPilgrim":2usuly1g said:
Don’t forget we aren’t short of a penny.

Simon wants us in the Championship....and has the money to match it.

We have wages space from Reuben and GC.

We have £500 000 from Freddie.

Shhhh.....we offered more than Ipswich.

The tables are turning.

I’d get a season ticket if you haven’t already.

A beast of a centre half next......

Presumably you are suggesting somebody other than Aimson who has already been linked?

Yes. Proven at league 1 level. No doubt over his ability or attitude.

Spine of the team has to be top 10 of league 1.

Fewer players, greater quality.

If you’re a great player at this level we are a really attractive proposition. New stand, good money, aggressive attacking football and a place in the team if you perform.

Probably should have its own thread now but any update on your earlier report?

Oct 16, 2016
Mr Lowe suggests Mayor is better than Lameiras and Carey? That’s some statement albeit I’m better than Lameiras