DA not happy | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

DA not happy

Feb 2, 2007
Football stirs emotions- managers ride high on the plaudits of success and struggle to cope with the barbed and virulent words of failure. His standards about use of language are his, not mine or the majority. So called "swear" words have their place in context to express disappoint and amplify viewpoints, they are perfectly acceptable in the right context.

I don't want to lose the emotion of our fan place, I hope it's fair and justified- it won't always be, as some clearly take it too far- but I think DA knows that.

To comment about a small minority that "go too far" through the paper is demeaning to the vast majority of sensible, supportive, constructively critical and altogether appropriate in the fan base and elevates them- it's not representative. He would have been better off highlighting the great support that the team gets 99% of the time, the vast expense supporters put in to pay his and the players salaries. His comments are divisive, the board should take him to task, but they won't.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Deacster":20zfgv8k said:
Another thing that has really annoyed me with his comments, he implies the club was on its backside and he's taken us 'up the leagues'. He had the spine of a very good play off team to inherit with the likes of Luke, Hartley, Nelse, Mellor, RR and Brunt. To be fair he added well to that nucleus but the team and club were on the verge of success before he arrived. As for taking us through the leagues, we'll yes up into a new league after a failed attempt, a league we now sit bottom of and perhaps 5 places better than when he arrived. He's over selling his record.

With a club who’s history in mostly in the middle two divisions. We were one of the biggest clubs in L2 and I would have expected a decent manager worth their corn to get us out of it in 2 seasons which is what DA did.

I do hope he turns it round and takes us forwards, but we clearly need multiple victories this month if we’re to pull away from the bottom of the table. If this happens, I’d then like to see the team play some attacking football. I mostly only get to away games in northern England, due to work commitments on Saturdays, and haven’t seen a victory live in three years! The Ifollow coverage is usually as close as I get.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
GreenArmy1984":3uwaxk3j said:
Surely time to show him a little respect

He’s done a fine job since 2015

Results will improve

He’s 8th longest serving EFL manager

Yes he does need to show us some respect

His team has bottled two promotions in 3 years

They can hardly fail not to

So what - he's been here at least a season too long.

Aug 11, 2013
If people abuse DA then he has a right of reply. He was only critical of them - not the entire fan base and I say good on him.

Oct 16, 2016
He’s an employee, no more than. Deserves respect, as anyone else would BUT no more than

He’s not performing, he’s culpable

Mar 23, 2008
Again you cannot condone abuse, that isn't ever. However his interview after the game on Saturday and again today smacks of someone with too much power, who believes they are beyond criticism and is not held to account. The injuries are an annoying smokescreen as our poor form started before them.

May 1, 2011
GreenArmy1984":3dcmohkp said:
Mark Pedlar":3dcmohkp said:
GreenArmy1984":3dcmohkp said:
Surely time to show him a little respect

He’s done a fine job since 2015

Results will improve

He’s 8th longest serving EFL manager

Yes he does need to show us some respect

His team has bottled two promotions in 3 years

I think your Clueless!

Although it is factually correct that we blew 2 promotions.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
I see what you mean Rich, but it was the pesonal insults that he didn't agree with. And neither would anybody.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Booing. To me, it still seems like an odd thing for grown ups to do.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Frank_Butcher":1o12bloa said:
Booing. To me, it still seems like an odd thing for grown ups to do.

This made me chuckle.

P.s, I want Adams to stay. Though I do feel he may need more experience amongst his backroom staff.