DA not happy | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

DA not happy

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
And just give up £250k like that???

Oct 20, 2015
phil-thefluter24":2xich0ef said:
He's not happy!! what about the likes of some of us who do a four hour round trip to be"entertained"

This. 8 hours round trip. Hundreds of pounds on tickets, hotel, fuel and food for the family. It's not all about you, Derek.

Mar 23, 2008
Tony_Flags":1h48yey8 said:
The reaction from Adams to the abuse today is, in my opinion, due to two reasons;

1) His isolation in front of the deserted Mayflower standing area has led him to manage in a safe place with very little exposure to fans frustration
2) His life choices do not give him exposure to swearing and irritation. Therefore such violent verbal abuse will have shocked him.

I think he has had a rude awakening today and I honestly feel sorry for him; he's got to be gutted. That does not change my opinion for his input into our mess. Today was a turning point for fans and the club alike. A day to forget.
I don't buy your second point at all. He may not drink and swear but he's spent his life in football where swearing is commonplace on the pitch and off it. Look at the comments recently by Te Loeke and players at Ross County, he's no shrinking violet and is turning on his offence Button for effect. I find his comments offensive, if you can't cope with some comments and are unable to block them out and rise above them, then you're probably in the wrong vocation.

Mar 23, 2008
Another thing that has really annoyed me with his comments, he implies the club was on its backside and he's taken us 'up the leagues'. He had the spine of a very good play off team to inherit with the likes of Luke, Hartley, Nelse, Mellor, RR and Brunt. To be fair he added well to that nucleus but the team and club were on the verge of success before he arrived. As for taking us through the leagues, we'll yes up into a new league after a failed attempt, a league we now sit bottom of and perhaps 5 places better than when he arrived. He's over selling his record.

Dec 2, 2010
What gets me as well is how the club website publish such a story with poor editing and repetition; and they must realise it will inflame supporters even more.

Many of us work in service industries where we or our colleagues get verbal abuse when things go wrong. This isn't' just a service, it's our passion. It's in our blood. Results affect my mood and demeanour over the weekend, so if DA doesn't like it he can go. What the hell does he expect.

The comments on this thread and others about his influence throughout the club are right. In our situation and from what I understand, there is no chance of him getting sacked. The club is in transition and the Board is changing....the continuity and thread is increasingly Adams.

It's not just the football. We are fed up with the constant excuses and predictions that it will change. Why will it change? Because it did last season? That's not a plan. It's a prayer!

The team are not improving. He and the staff have had all week to work with yesterday's starting 11 and it was not good enough.

Every team in this division must relish playing us. We are on course for an even worse start than last season after 12 games. A shiny new stand and a Mayflower anniversary in L2 beckons. And you know what, Adams will still be at the helm and we'll be told that the experience of the previous two season will benefit us all as we aim to get back to where we were and should have easily retained a place.

This is a case of not going forward to go backwards.

C

Charles Plym

I think he has made avery big boob. His tactics are boring his results are poo and now he is likely to lose the fanbase.
Dead man walking

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Pilgrim61":3957kzsc said:
What gets me as well is how the club website publish such a story with poor editing and repetition; and they must realise it will inflame supporters even more.

Many of us work in service industries where we or our colleagues get verbal abuse when things go wrong. This isn't' just a service, it's our passion. It's in our blood. Results affect my mood and demeanour over the weekend, so if DA doesn't like it he can go. What the hell does he expect.

The comments on this thread and others about his influence throughout the club are right. In our situation and from what I understand, there is no chance of him getting sacked. The club is in transition and the Board is changing....the continuity and thread is increasingly Adams.

It's not just the football. We are fed up with the constant excuses and predictions that it will change. Why will it change? Because it did last season? That's not a plan. It's a prayer!

The team are not improving. He and the staff have had all week to work with yesterday's starting 11 and it was not good enough.

Every team in this division must relish playing us. We are on course for an even worse start than last season after 12 games. A shiny new stand and a Mayflower anniversary in L2 beckons. And you know what, Adams will still be at the helm and we'll be told that the experience of the previous two season will benefit us all as we aim to get back to where we were and should have easily retained a place.

This is a case of not going forward to go backwards.

The club is Adams’ not ours. It is only a matter of time until it is renamed DAFC.

Apr 5, 2008
When a manager starts criticising the fans then it’s normally the end of the road for the manger.Mick McCarthy the most recent example.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
moles40":2hl843wo said:
When a manager starts criticising the fans then it’s normally the end of the road for the manger.Mick McCarthy the most recent example.

I think the fans have a right to vent (without getting personal) - most of the Green Army probably haven’t seen us win a game for 5/6 months. Adams now has a new record he’s probably not too proud of - it’s officially the worst start to a campaign in 37 years.

Most managers would be very lucky to keep their job if they went over a third of a season without a win when you are the 5th highest supported team and have a mid-table budget.

May 16, 2016
Reading his comments and from what I read online, I get the impression that there was some out of context personal abuse directed to individuals including DA. Not defending his record over the last 16 (or whatever the stat is) games, but there is a line that can be crossed that entitles a bit of bite back from him.

All this outrage over him responding to abuse is to be expected these days I guess. The shock of a grown man with a right to reply and voice his opinion might be a bit much for some, I understand. Maybe a parallel poll with this one, "Have you read the full article" or "how would you respond " ?

For footballing reasons, I wont be sad to see him go and I think the time is near. If I called him a ##@@# and he responded or stuck his fingers up, I wouldn't bleat about it.

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
Guiri Green":2k3m62in said:
Reading his comments and from what I read online, I get the impression that there was some out of context personal abuse directed to individuals including DA. Not defending his record over the last 16 (or whatever the stat is) games, but there is a line that can be crossed that entitles a bit of bite back from him.

All this outrage over him responding to abuse is to be expected these days I guess. The shock of a grown man with a right to reply and voice his opinion might be a bit much for some, I understand. Maybe a parallel poll with this one, "Have you read the full article" or "how would you respond " ?

For footballing reasons, I wont be sad to see him go and I think the time is near. If I called him a ##@@# and he responded or stuck his fingers up, I wouldn't bleat about it.

this for me too,,, grown men screaming abuse then crying all over the internet if they get a bit back, pathetic,

Feb 2, 2007
Charles.plym":3ceuerqf said:
I think he has made avery big boob. His tactics are boring his results are poo and now he is likely to lose the fanbase.
Dead man walking

You've changed yer tune.