DA not happy | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

DA not happy

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Frank_Butcher":1xzzmipu said:
Booing. To me, it still seems like an odd thing for grown ups to do.

What other way do you suggest for supporters to show their displeasure at the garbage being dished up every week?

The thing I find most odd is some people still clap the team off.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Thomas Edwards":1exh9g7p said:
Frank_Butcher":1exh9g7p said:

This made me chuckle.

P.s, I want Adams to stay. Though I do feel he may need more experience amongst his backroom staff.

If the top man [DA] calls the shots regarding both tactics and player recruitment, I cannot really see what a more experienced backroom staff member can achieve other than perhaps coach an under performing player and be a communication conduit. It could be argued in a League One club communication upwards from the playing ranks should easily be achieved and indeed encouraged by the manager. There are no excuses for DA in his player recruitment. He made the excuse yesterday day that Oxford players were more experienced. Whose fault was that during the summer signing period? I could have seen a mile off the prospect of the playing style of Mackie rattling Argyle's defence. He has been playing the same from the time he left Exeter City.

Jul 4, 2008
newton abbot
Agree with this. Why on Earth would you clap the abject display yesterday? Supporters have a right to air their dismay and if that means booing then why not!! At least it gets a reaction!

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
David_Fisher":pojp30kk said:
Frank_Butcher":pojp30kk said:

What other way do you suggest for supporters to show their displeasure at the garbage being dished up every week?

The thing I find most odd is some people still clap the team off.

Well, based on reports I certainly wouldn't have clapped yesterday.

I guess you could shout, use profanities (but please not in the earshot of families), walk out, or even not attend - amongst other things.

It's just an observation - how the reaction to a childrens' pantomime baddie has translated itself to become a tool used by middle-aged people at a football match.

No offence intended and each to their own.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
I very much suspect that, had I been there, I couldn't/wouldn't' have even made the effort (to boo)- pretty much mirroring the team's attitude on the pitch.

T

t._green

Have no problem with booing other than the fact it probably doesn't really help improve anything
What it does do is say 'I am not happy' and that is perfectly reasonable if you have paid your money to watch a sub-standard show—any show where you expect a professional performance to acceptable standards, in any field of entertainment.

Worse is what I do, I just don't go anymore.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
t._green":314odcpg said:
Have no problem with booing other than the fact it probably doesn't really help improve anything
What it does do is say 'I am not happy' and that is perfectly reasonable if you have paid your money to watch a sub-standard show—any show where you expect a professional performance to acceptable standards, in any field of entertainment.

Worse is what I do, I just don't go anymore.

The players and DA don't really notice the absent supporters but they do notice the boos.

When you're not there you're just a number, but when you are there you're a voice in the boos.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
booing happens at every ground on the planet.history will show when gary lineker played at barcelona they were playing like we are and not only did they get booed a characteristic show of displeasure is to throw there seat cushions onto the pitch.

Apr 9, 2011
Booing has been part of the supporters reaction since millenia & its certainly not going to stop because a few "happy clappers " on here say it should. People standing up & applauding the team off the pitch when they have served up carp week after week smacks of apathy & that is another reason we will always be an under performing set up

Feb 2, 2007
up_the_line":102ziepl said:
silkman":102ziepl said:
Fair play to GC10 for calling it as it is...

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... en-2106672

Some not so subtle digs at the tactics there too

Of course good he's fronted up for the team, and helps even the pressure on the Manager but now they need to put in a string of performances that show the things missing yesterday.

It's wearing very thin and Carey, considering his top dollar status now needs to be the leader and set the standard.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
phil-thefluter24":1cikqj68 said:
Booing has been part of the supporters reaction since millenia & its certainly not going to stop because a few "happy clappers " on here say it should. People standing up & applauding the team off the pitch when they have served up carp week after week smacks of apathy & that is another reason we will always be an under performing set up

phil - calm yourself.

I simply said I think it looks a bit odd, not that you shouldn't do it. If booing helps you release then I would continue for your sake.