DA not happy | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

DA not happy

May 16, 2016
I'm not one to poo poo the boo boos, but have booed the boo boys booing the boys. Been before and took a butcher's at a boozed up bloke and thought 'bet he boos'.

Apr 9, 2011
Frank_Butcher":2bojwfh5 said:
phil-thefluter24":2bojwfh5 said:
Booing has been part of the supporters reaction since millenia & its certainly not going to stop because a few "happy clappers " on here say it should. People standing up & applauding the team off the pitch when they have served up carp week after week smacks of apathy & that is another reason we will always be an under performing set up

phil - calm yourself.

I simply said I think it looks a bit odd, not that you shouldn't do it. If booing helps you release then I would continue for your sake.
Thanks Frank got to let off steam somehow LOL !

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
phil-thefluter24":3ikf84lu said:
Frank_Butcher":3ikf84lu said:
phil-thefluter24":3ikf84lu said:
Booing has been part of the supporters reaction since millenia & its certainly not going to stop because a few "happy clappers " on here say it should. People standing up & applauding the team off the pitch when they have served up carp week after week smacks of apathy & that is another reason we will always be an under performing set up

phil - calm yourself.

I simply said I think it looks a bit odd, not that you shouldn't do it. If booing helps you release then I would continue for your sake.
Thanks Frank got to let off steam somehow LOL !

:thumbup:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's a critical few months for the club on and off the pitch and also for financial reasons.

This season was always going to be about transition and disruption. We all knew the refurbishment of the grandstand would be the focal point but what we didn't know was that the team would fall short and perform so badly.
We've had three seasons of success under Adams - play-off final, automatic promotion and a seventh place finish - which I reckon we've taken for granted.

With the boardroom changes, lack of experienced football people and focus on the grandstand has the club taken its eye off the football side of Plymouth Argyle Football Club?
Adams is under huge pressure, maybe too much of the football operation has been placed on him, even though I realise he lives and breaths football.

Short term, Adams needs to get 7 points from the next three league games.
Long term the January transfer window will be a critical time for Adams and the club.
Will there be enough money to bring in new players? With attendances dropping and the corperate side of the match day experience disrupted will there be enough money to bring in new players?
It's on record that the club is funding the new roof for the grandstand so will there be enough money to bring in new players?
The delay in building the new changing rooms has meant additional costs of the temporary changing rooms so will there be enough money to bring in new players?
Simon Hallett has bought additional shares in the club so does he want to provide additional funds to bring in new players?

If the new players do arrive in January (we need at least four) they must be proven League One players who have leadership skills. Once again, this type of player will cost money.

By February 1st we will know just how much the directors want to avoid relegation and subsequently the financial state of our club.

We really need the refurbished grandstand for future revenue but in the here and now we need a decent football team to give us some belief that we can avoid relegation.

We've already been down the road where the attention was on a world cup stadium and not the football team.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
If I do not like what I see its my right as a paying customer to let my feelings known whether that's booing or venting my frustration at DA.

Likewise I will cheer and clap when I'm happy with the teams performance.
Its not even just down to winning.
I will clap if the team have put in a decent performance but got beaten by a better team

I certainly do not believe in putting up with abject performances without saying something and clapping

I think DA has been very lucky not to get more stick than he has from the apathetic support we have who seem ok accepting poo performances and results like yesterday.

Does the support mirror the teams performances or the teams performances mirror the support.
At times home park is like a library, long gone are the days of FORTRESS HP

Jan 27, 2012
I have NEVER boo-ed Argyle.

It doesn't help the player's confidence and just makes them more nervous for the following game.

Clap, cheer or just remain silent.

Jan 6, 2004
Please don’t tell others what to do - the booi was at the end was entirely justified and may just hasten much needed change

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
PL2 3DQ":227sq840 said:
It's a critical few months for the club on and off the pitch and also for financial reasons.

This season was always going to be about transition and disruption. We all knew the refurbishment of the grandstand would be the focal point but what we didn't know was that the team would fall short and perform so badly.
We've had three seasons of success under Adams - play-off final, automatic promotion and a seventh place finish - which I reckon we've taken for granted.

With the boardroom changes, lack of experienced football people and focus on the grandstand has the club taken its eye off the football side of Plymouth Argyle Football Club?
Adams is under huge pressure, maybe too much of the football operation has been placed on him, even though I realise he lives and breaths football.

Long term the January transfer window will be a critical time for Adams and the club.
Will there be enough money to bring in new players? With attendances dropping and the corperate side of the match day experience disrupted will there be enough money to bring in new players?
It's on record that the club is funding the new roof for the grandstand so will there be enough money to bring in new players?
The delay in building the new changing rooms has meant additional costs of the temporary changing rooms so will there be enough money to bring in new players?
Simon Hallett has bought additional shares in the club so does he want to provide additional funds to bring in new players?

If the new players do arrive in January (we need at least four) they must be proven League One players who have leadership skills. Once again, this type of player will cost money.

By February 1st we will know just how much the directors want to avoid relegation and subsequently the financial state of our club.

We really need the refurbished grandstand for future revenue but in the here and now we need a decent football team to give us some belief that we can avoid relegation.

We've already been down the road where the attention was on a world cup stadium and not the football team.

The problem is that you can only spend money if you have got it and I don’t see anyone on the Board who has the kind of wealth to put money into players rather than into tangible/physical assets like the stadium (and only Simon Hallett has money to do that). Personally I can’t see anything much happening in terms of team strengthening until either...

1) the stand refurb is finished AND is generating substantial income - which it might never do as there is precious little money in Plymouth to pay to utilize the kind of facilities that it will offer

or

2) someone more wealthy buys into the club - which is more likely to happen after the stand refurb is finished and a lot of the mess has been cleared up

Perhaps Simon Hallett has more cash than I realize or perhaps he has a friend/contact who he can persuade to put cash into the club sooner rather than later.

I think it is far more likely (but obviously not certain) that we’ll bumble along this year, get relegated and only really start to rebuild on the pitch once the stand refurb is completed.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
PL2 3DQ":4vpre0h4 said:

This season was always going to be about transition and disruption. We all knew the refurbishment of the grandstand would be the focal point but what we didn't know was that the team would fall short.
We've had three seasons of success under Adams - play-off final, automatic promotion and a seventh place finish - which we've taken for granted.

The January transfer window will be a critical time for Adams and the club.

I think there are a number of things at play including poor Summer business, disruptive refurbishment work and a particularly weak pre-season which helped (not) to set the tone. I don't buy in to the budget angle, it was DA's decision to go for quantity over quality. That I think was influenced by the lack of depth to finish off last season which to some extent is understandable. Unfortunately, we forgot to replace the quality that left with at least an equivalent.

I'm interested in what Hallett will bring. As I said elsewhere, his industry is a low tolerance environment where success is key. Does he have a similar view to football or is it just a hobby? The money he's invested in the grandstand suggests it's not the latter.

Looking forward, I think we have issues at goalkeeper, right-back, central midfield and up front. Some of those will hopefully resolve themselves with returning players. 3 or 4 newcomers - more than likely quality loans would I think be enough to get us to safety. If all return - particularly Taylor who is the fulcrum of DA's tactics - we could survive comfortably.

Jul 26, 2006
The Doctor":auk2pogm said:
PL2 3DQ":auk2pogm said:

The problem is that you can only spend money if you have got it and I don’t see anyone on the Board who has the kind of wealth to put money into players rather than into tangible/physical assets like the stadium (and only Simon Hallett has money to do that). Personally I can’t see anything much happening in terms of team strengthening until either...

1) the stand refurb is finished AND is generating substantial income - which it might never do as there is precious little money in Plymouth to pay to utilize the kind of facilities that it will offer

or

2) someone more wealthy buys into the club - which is more likely to happen after the stand refurb is finished and a lot of the mess has been cleared up

Perhaps Simon Hallett has more cash than I realize or perhaps he has a friend/contact who he can persuade to put cash into the club sooner rather than later.

I think it is far more likely (but obviously not certain) that we’ll bumble along this year, get relegated and only really start to rebuild on the pitch once the stand refurb is completed.

I read somewhere that Hallett earns £18m a year. The guy obviously has some serious cash if he can/is willing to loan argyle £8m.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I will be delighted with 7 points from next three games, but if it doesn't happen then what?

Hallett does not get officially crowned Chairman until November. I think it unlikely he will launch his reign by dismissing the Manager.

Not sure which thread it is on now, but, the point about having little football knowledge on the Board is about having contacts more than anything. Who has the network to line up a potential replacement?

The football industry is, I would suggest, quite insular we could just advertise, but, it would need to be a speedy appointment to
address what by then would be a real crisis.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
pafc_casual":2fzi4ntv said:
The Doctor":2fzi4ntv said:
PL2 3DQ":2fzi4ntv said:

or

I read somewhere that Hallett earns £18m a year. The guy obviously has some serious cash if he can/is willing to loan argyle £8m.

It is a loan at the end of the day, Mr Hallett will get interest out of it but obviously the club will gain too.

Jul 26, 2006
JannerinCardiff":wah3ncds said:
pafc_casual":wah3ncds said:
The Doctor":wah3ncds said:
PL2 3DQ":wah3ncds said:

or

It is a loan at the end of the day, Mr Hallett will get interest out of it but obviously the club will gain too.

Not disputing that, my point is if he has a spare £8m kicking around then he must have a large cash pot of surplus money.

Mar 23, 2008
PL2 3DQ":1n4miywj said:

Good points and I suspect that quite rightly the board will point to a bloated squad and suggest that's trimmed to make way for new players. On the face of it the likes of Wylde, Ainsworth, Riley, Letheren, O'Keefe, Canavan or Wooton amongst others could all leave and we would be none the weaker. Use those wages for 2 or 3 others, the question is who would sign them??