Chelsea tickets (sold out) | Page 24 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chelsea tickets (sold out)

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Willis, I knew before the season started that I would be unable to attend more than about 4 home games and 4 away games. I bought a flexi to give me a better chance of a ticket for one or two of my away games which might otherwise have been sold out before general sale and also to make sure I got a ticket for any big cup games home or away I might be able to attend. I think there will be regular away attendees and regular potd home fans more deserving than me of a Chelsea ticket currently and probably some other flexi holders. I would have no issue with making sure one of them benefitted had I had a ticket. I am deeming nobody less worthy, you do seem to be judging all flexi holders as more deserving however. The club has to have a system of apportioning tickets and unfortunately many exiles suffer. Is a London of Birmingham based fan who travels all over the country watching Argyle away 15 times a season and 6 times at home less deserving of a Chelsea ticket than a Plymouth based flexi holder who might watch 8 at home and 2 away? The system will never be perfect and there will always be winners and losers. I bought my flexi ticket and what I do with my unused tickets is for me to decide nobody else and my conscience is clear.
All I'm saying is there are plenty of fans on here who are unable to utilise a ST the same way some of us more fortunate can and those fans are upset of the possibly of ST holders buying, then donating their ticket to friends/family/ticket sites and thus depriving them of a chance of attending.

They're upset that some ST holders are, in their assumption, deciding someone else should be gifted a ticket when flexis and general have no chance. What's the difference to what you proposed?

I appreciate and admire your commitment to Argyle, but it doesn't mean you could decide another fan should have your ticket knowing that you'll deprive another flexi holder, or BGL member the chance to buy for themselves.

I do, however, believe that no-one should be transferring a ticket, and if there were a way to attach a ticket to a person (Obviously not physically) such that only they can use it then everything would be fairer.

If anyone has bought a ticket to just sell on, or give away then it's disappointing that they've deemed the recipient of that ticket more worthy than any other Argyle fan.

Apr 17, 2014
So basically, you have paid to jump tte queue. The fairest response was argyle should have suspended half season ticket sales as soon as the draw was made.
No idea where your over reaction is coming from. All I said was a fare amount of ST holders would find it difficult to stand up for 90 minutes. If you find anything offensive in that then I will say WOW!
No idea where your over reaction is coming from. All I said was a fare amount of ST holders would find it difficult to stand up for 90 minutes. If you find anything offensive in that then I will say WOW!

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
So basically, you have paid to jump tte queue. The fairest response was argyle should have suspended half season ticket sales as soon as the draw was made.
The same as everyone else who paid up front to ‘jump the queue’. It’s been explained before by the club that it’s a pro rata season ticket that are always available at this stage of the season. (Games played).

Reactions: Gazza
Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
The same as everyone else who paid up front to ‘jump the queue’. It’s been explained before by the club that it’s a pro rata season ticket that are always available at this stage of the season. (Games played).
I have no problem with season ticket holders getting first priority. I just feel by continuing to sell the half season tickets after the draw it allowed fans to buy their way up the queue.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
It makes good business sense. How many half season tickets have they sold off the back of the Chelsea match that they wouldn’t have if we had drawn Macclesfield?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
It makes good business sense. How many half season tickets have they sold off the back of the Chelsea match that they wouldn’t have if we had drawn Macclesfield?
this, whilst I appreciate some people are aggrieved Jamie Y said it was a minimal number and why shouldn't the club use it as an opportunity to top up the coffers.

How many flexis were sold when Liverpool came down?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Is a flexi bought before the draw more deserving than a HST bought after it?
Morally, yes. Bank balance for Argyle, no.

Jul 12, 2016
Bit of a witch hunt going on as people are concerned about others selling on.

People forget that even the older supporters would relish the opportunity to see Argyle go toe to toe with a top 6 club.

My Grandad (rest his soul) would have been chomping at the bit even with half a hip missing.
Older supporters may not relish being coped up in a coach for several hours, mixing in a crowd of 40,000 with the associated Covid risk and then stand for over 90 minutes.

Aug 26, 2021
Older supporters may not relish being coped up in a coach for several hours, mixing in a crowd of 40,000 with the associated Covid risk and then stand for over 90 minutes.
Understandable. Best just to stay home and let others do what they want.

Reactions: SWTT
Apr 17, 2014
For all us older supporters we would not have bought tickets if we took this view. We are just as happy to take any risks as the younger ones!

Reactions: Paul H

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
I’m 74 and after several hours on the coach will be more than happy to stand during the match, In any event perhaps it’s possible to lean on the barriers in front?
You’ll be disappointed if you’re expecting barriers.